BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2012 2:42 pm  #1

Hi.

I'm Jayie, as you can see, and my friend introduced me to Sherlock. She'd tried to show me Dr. Who and Merlin with moderate sucess, so I was surprised how obsessed I became with her latest show. I've been Sherlocked since a bit before Season Two came out, I'm an American so I have to wait extra-long to watch new Sherlock episdoes (except my friends download them illegally, so I'll just watch it at their place), I know a few people who watch it but it's nice to meet people as Sherlocked as me online, I support Johnlock, and I that's all I can think of.

Non-Sherlock related, I am a huge fan of Warriors and Lion King and write a lot of fanfiction for that. Other than that I am a Phan, Browncoat, Oncer, Caskett fan, fan of Wicked, Mizzie, Renthead, Potterhead, Starkid, and a fan of Lord of the Rings (there's probably a name for that but I don't know it).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 9, 2012 2:57 pm  #2

Re: Hi.

Jayie wrote:

I am a Phan, Browncoat, Oncer, Caskett fan, fan of Wicked, Mizzie, Renthead, Starkid

Could you tell me what these mean? Welcome aboard the board, Jayie. If you're a nice person, you'll be right at home here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

October 9, 2012 3:08 pm  #3

Welcome, Jayie, great to have you here. If you look around, you'll surely find some other Johnlockers. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 9, 2012 3:20 pm  #4

Dramagod wrote:

Jayie wrote:

I am a Phan, Browncoat, Oncer, Caskett fan, fan of Wicked, Mizzie, Renthead, Starkid

Could you tell me what these mean? Welcome aboard the board, Jayie. If you're a nice person, you'll be right at home here.

Sure, sorry to be vague.

Phan: fan of Phantom of the Opera
Browncoat: fan of the (cancelled) tv show Firefly
Oncer: fan of the tv show Once Upon a Time
Caskett fan: fan of the tv show Castle, specifically the pairing Caskett in it
Fan of Wicked: fan of the musical Wicked
Mizzie: fan of the musical Les Miserables
Renthead: fan of the musical Rent
Starkid: fan of the company Starkid who makes such musicals as A Very Potter Musical and Holy Musical B@man

And thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

October 9, 2012 3:23 pm  #5

Welcome! I hope you'll like it here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 9, 2012 3:24 pm  #6

Thanks for clearing those up.I'm sure other people know what they meant but I'm restricted to terms like Trekkies and Mockers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 9, 2012 3:30 pm  #7

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum!
And thanks for clearing up the list of fandoms you follow, like Dramagod I was unfamiliar with most of them.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

October 9, 2012 3:47 pm  #8

SusiGo wrote:

Welcome, Jayie, great to have you here. If you look around, you'll surely find some other Johnlockers. 

Thanks! Yeah, I figured I might here. I know a couple of people who are Sherlocked, but none of them so far support Johnlock.

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

October 9, 2012 3:48 pm  #9

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Welcome! I hope you'll like it here.

Thanks! It's nice to have other crazy fans to talk to.

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

October 9, 2012 3:50 pm  #10

Dramagod wrote:

Thanks for clearing those up.I'm sure other people know what they meant but I'm restricted to terms like Trekkies and Mockers.

Not a problem. And what's a Mocker, out of curiousity?

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

October 9, 2012 3:51 pm  #11

hypergreenfrog wrote:

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum!
And thanks for clearing up the list of fandoms you follow, like Dramagod I was unfamiliar with most of them.

Thanks! Yeah, mostly I was just looking to see who would recognize them, didn't stop to think about confusing people. Sorry about that.

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

October 9, 2012 4:06 pm  #12

Hello Jayie and welcome to forum. I'm glad Drama asked before I did (of course I knew what they all meant all along  ). Anyway I hope you have lots of fun around here. You sound truly SHERLOCKED.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 9, 2012 4:32 pm  #13

Jayie wrote:

Dramagod wrote:

Not a problem. And what's a Mocker, out of curiousity?

Here lies an answer to your question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEI2UUhVEn4

And that always reminds me of the "Mach joke" from THIS IS SPINAL TAP (one of my favorite movies in the history of movies).

Check that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgViOqGJEvM

I know, I know. I'm derailing again, aren't I, Davina? I can't help it. It's like my own Dark Passenger.

October 9, 2012 4:45 pm  #14

Welcome! I've a Phantom fan too.I got to see the play four years ago and it was amazing. and of course, the movie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 9, 2012 5:29 pm  #15

Hi there, warm welcome also from me 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 9, 2012 6:21 pm  #16

Welcome! Loved your list on the "obsessed" thread.

I'm also a fan of Wicked. My husband suprised me with tickets to the original Broadway production!

Do you mind saying where in the US you're from?

October 9, 2012 6:22 pm  #17

Jayie wrote:

I'm Jayie, as you can see, and my friend introduced me to Sherlock. She'd tried to show me Dr. Who and Merlin with moderate sucess, so I was surprised how obsessed I became with her latest show.

Welcome! It's kind of funny that your introduction in a way mirrors mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

October 9, 2012 6:31 pm  #18

Saw Wicked in the West End the other week. It was WICKED! Also saw Phantom a few years ago. Wonderful, theatrical experience.
DramaGod is the Finnish pine on the tracks! Lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 9, 2012 6:54 pm  #19

Don't trust a word Davina says. It's all lies. Lies I tell you! Lies!

October 10, 2012 12:43 am  #20

Hello and welcome

Fellow Potterhead here. And LOTR.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

Board footera