BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 2, 2012 10:35 am  #1

Periodic Table

Lol, just noticed Sherlock has a framed picture of the periodic table on his bedroom wall. What a geek. (Must get one myself!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 2, 2012 10:49 am  #2

Re: Periodic Table

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Lol, just noticed Sherlock has a framed picture of the periodic table on his bedroom wall. What a geek. (Must get one myself!)

tch tch
You haven't listened to the commentary have you?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 2, 2012 12:06 pm  #3

You caught me! Why, what does it say?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 2, 2012 12:33 pm  #4

They thought that Sherlock would find a beauty in the periodic table and that would be the sort of thing he would have on his bedroom wall. No pop groups or sporting heroes for him! It is a reflection of his interest in Chemistry. Funnily enough he doesn't have a poster of the Solar System on his wall either!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 10, 2012 11:34 am  #5

YAY!! My Periodic Table arrived today. It's awesome!

April 10, 2012 6:21 pm  #6

This one is pretty close to the one Sherlock has.
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxscz3mjKG1r2aigko1_500.png

April 12, 2012 1:53 pm  #7

It's Element...ary!

Blatantly stolen this line from someone else, but I couldn't resist and I have no shame!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 12, 2012 2:09 pm  #8

Well it really was the most appropriate time for the statement! Very fitting!
I've printed this one out and am in the process of making a frame for it :D

June 8, 2012 9:04 pm  #9

Davina wrote:

It's Element...ary!

Blatantly stolen this line from someone else, but I couldn't resist and I have no shame!

Darn!  You stole my line!  I really believe that including the Table on his bedroom wall was intended as a nod to that very line from ACD as a tribute.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 9, 2012 2:45 am  #10

It's a good idea, maybe one of my periodic tables would be better on my wall than in my chemistry book : ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

July 10, 2012 1:09 pm  #11

Watched Big Bang Theory the other night and saw this shower curtain which I think, frankly, is just perfect for Sherlock.

July 10, 2012 9:29 pm  #12

Oh my God! I totally want one! Except I would just never get out of the bathroom.

July 13, 2012 9:30 pm  #13

The shower curtain is amazing! I've wanted one since I first saw it on Big Bang Theroy... sadly, the rest of my family isn't geeky enough for that and... we have a kind of glass shower, so that wouldn't work.

I love the periodic table in Sherlock's bedroom! I actually have one on the wall next to my bed as well... I thought if it would hang there, a place I often look at, it would help me memorizing it.
I think it does. (For school!)

November 3, 2012 3:03 pm  #14

Sammy wrote:

I love the periodic table in Sherlock's bedroom! I actually have one on the wall next to my bed as well... I thought if it would hang there, a place I often look at, it would help me memorizing it.

I love it too, but sadly, I could stare at it all day and it still wouldn't do me any good. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

Board footera