BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2012 6:39 am  #1

Red Dwarf X

Did anyone watch the first episode of the new series yesterday?
I will have to wait a little longer to see it, but I am really curious whether it lived up to the expectations.
So excited that there is a new series, I never thought we'd see the day!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

October 5, 2012 7:40 am  #2

Re: Red Dwarf X

I forgot it was on so I'm gutted. I'm going to try and find a link to it and I'm definitely going to watch/record the next one. I follow Andrew Ellard on Twitter, have done for ages, he writes it. Will let you know once I've watched it. I loved the original especially Kryton.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 5, 2012 4:12 pm  #3

Signed up to Dave specially so I can watch it but for some reason it isn't playing on my I-player. I'll have to try an ordinary computer and see if I have any luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 7, 2012 5:04 pm  #4

Not caught up with the new series yet, but I gather it's fab!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2012 5:40 pm  #5

A new Red Dwarf! I hadn't heard. If any Americans figure out how to see it, please share.

Have the original on DVD. Introduced some teenaged relatives to it and they loved it.

Who is in it?

October 7, 2012 5:55 pm  #6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 8, 2012 6:20 am  #7

I watched it over the weekend, it's quite good, actually!   
Loved the "moose" joke, thought that was classic Red Dwarf, everyone against poor stupid Rimmer 
Will definitely watch the next episodes as well.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

October 9, 2012 2:26 am  #8

hypergreenfrog wrote:

I watched it over the weekend, it's quite good, actually!   
Loved the "moose" joke, thought that was classic Red Dwarf, everyone against poor stupid Rimmer 
Will definitely watch the next episodes as well.

On DVD?

October 9, 2012 7:06 am  #9

No, it's just been shown on TV!

October 9, 2012 6:29 pm  #10

Oh, we have to wait here in the US, then.

October 11, 2012 8:42 pm  #11

Just watched episode 2. It's good.

October 11, 2012 8:45 pm  #12

Ditto!

October 11, 2012 8:51 pm  #13

Aagh! I don't want to wait!

Maybe we Americans shouldn't look at this thread, unless you all want to put spoiler alerts up when necessary. Hard to remember to do all the time, I know.

October 11, 2012 8:53 pm  #14

But we haven't said a word!

October 11, 2012 9:28 pm  #15

No, you've been very good. But you could slip up.

October 11, 2012 9:32 pm  #16

Not me!

October 12, 2012 7:40 pm  #17

Thank you. I'd love for someone to explain to me how I could see it now. Then I could practice for when Sherlock 3 comes out.

October 12, 2012 8:29 pm  #18

It's on a channel called Dave. Not a BBC production this time round. No idea how you can get it I'm afraid.

October 13, 2012 4:17 pm  #19

I just googled it, and it looks like you can download them on iTunes?  But I want to sit on my couch and see it on the TV.

October 15, 2012 12:12 pm  #20

veecee wrote:

I just googled it, and it looks like you can download them on iTunes?  But I want to sit on my couch and see it on the TV.

In this case, I don't think you have many options, other than getting a TV that can play digital files from your computer. 

Board footera