BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2012 10:46 pm  #1

Sherlockians in Scotland.

I am one and have just arrived here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 4, 2012 10:48 pm  #2

Re: Sherlockians in Scotland.

Welcome!

besleybean wrote:

Sherlockians are nothing but patient.

And nuts because of it

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 4, 2012 11:44 pm  #3

Welcome! What part of Scotland? I was there several years ago and saw the most beautiful light at about 11:00 pm.

October 5, 2012 5:12 am  #4

Welcome! My grandmother is from Scotland. Beautiful place

October 5, 2012 6:42 am  #5

Hi everybody and thanks.
A bit of explanation.  I am actually English, a Yorkshire woman in fact. But I'm based in Bonnie Scotland, Carnoustie, in fact!
It was late last night and it just seemed a relevant way of saying hello to everybody.
I'm not good with social chit chat!
But I am delighted to be here and looking forward to getting to know everyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 5, 2012 6:46 am  #6

Welcome to the forum, besleybean, I hope you'll have lots of fun here while we all wait for series 3. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 5, 2012 6:55 am  #7

Thank you, I'm sure I will.
But I can sometimes be a bit of a thread hogger and killer. So you must all shout at me, if I misbehave!
I should also apologise for my signature.  I was petrified of a misquote.  But I will get a proper series quote, soon!

October 5, 2012 7:16 am  #8

Welcome to the forum Besleybean. So happy to have another Brit on board. Hope you have a great time here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 5, 2012 8:01 am  #9

Hi, great to have you around! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 5, 2012 3:31 pm  #10

Thanks again.
I can also be a politically correct pain, so you can all tell me off about that, too!

October 5, 2012 3:44 pm  #11

Now, the more you write, the more I like. Folks here have to cope with me also 

Probably I shall not mention here my second favourite BBC series, "All Creatures Great and Small"?
British guys in demanding jobs at work, I love it! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 6, 2012 10:36 am  #12

Harriet wrote:

Now, the more you write, the more I like. Folks here have to cope with me also 

Probably I shall not mention here my second favourite BBC series, "All Creatures Great and Small"?
British guys in demanding jobs at work, I love it! 

Oh, I remember that from rainy Sunday afternoons, Harriet. I always liked Tristan although he was a bit of a good-for-nothing. But a charming one. And when watching HP I said to my husband: Look, there's Siegfried, the vet. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 6, 2012 10:53 am  #13

Me, too, LOL! What does do Siegfried in Hogwarts? Surgery on thestrals? 

October 6, 2012 11:22 am  #14

Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge (perhaps his family ran a sweet shop?). Robert Hardy is a world authority on the English Longbow by the way. Peter Davison was great as Tristan and was also a Doctor Who too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 6, 2012 11:37 am  #15

I know, just kidding 
besleybean, what do you think about this Yorkshire/Scotland show?

October 6, 2012 6:29 pm  #16

All Creatures Great and Small?  Used to love it.

October 6, 2012 6:32 pm  #17

I still do. Especially since I bought the original dvd. Hm... later on almost the same happend to me again. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 6, 2012 6:41 pm  #18

besleybean wrote:

All Creatures Great and Small?  Used to love it.

Me, too. Still do. Even though, after having watched Sherlock, it does appear a little slow 
But the actors are also great, it is much fun to watch.
I also like the landscape. And James is scottish from origin, as Callum, right?
Oh Callum! A tall slim guy with curls and cheekbones!   

October 7, 2012 12:33 pm  #19

besleybean wrote:

Hi everybody and thanks.
A bit of explanation.  I am actually English, a Yorkshire woman in fact. But I'm based in Bonnie Scotland, Carnoustie, in fact!
It was late last night and it just seemed a relevant way of saying hello to everybody.
I'm not good with social chit chat!
But I am delighted to be here and looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Hey! We met at the SH Society meeting in London...I deduce. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 7, 2012 12:35 pm  #20

Clever girl!
Has my long suffering husband emailed you yet?

Board footera