BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 27, 2012 9:46 pm  #1

James Bond

Seeing as Benedict might be playing a Bond villian, thought it might be a good idea to start a Bond thread...

So, what do you guys think of the franchise, and what are your favourites?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 28, 2012 6:33 am  #2

Re: James Bond

I'm not a huge Bond fan but I've seen quite a lot of the films and think they' re good entertainment. As for my favourite - I'm quite a traditionalist in this, I've always liked the old Sean Connery films, especially "Goldfinger". But I think Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan are quite good as well. However, I totally disliked Timothy Dalton but that may be due to his looks. Not my type, sorry. And I watched only one Daniel Craig film and liked him quite well. I saw most of them on the telly but I might be persuaded to watch the 2014 Bond on a large screen with lots of popcorn and soft drinks. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 28, 2012 7:28 am  #3

Sean Connery was perfect. I actually really love OHMSS with George Lazenby, even though it was the only Bond film he made- Diana Rigg was stunning in it and the skiing scenes were fantastic. Roger Moore I thought at the time, and now, was frankly appalling; they got more and more cartoonish and ridiculous plus I really do not rate him as an actor and I did not go and see some of the films because I disliked them so much. Timothy Dalton played them really straight and true to the original Bond in the Fleming stories but personally I think his portrayal was wrong somehow (can't quite put my finger on it). Pierce Brosnan was good but just not quite 'hard' enough, just couldn't quite believe in him killing people somehow. Daniel Craig is definitely a Bond for our times. Different to look at from the physical description of Bond in the books but I was completely gobsmacked by his first Bond film finding it utterly brilliant and believable.

Last edited by Davina (September 28, 2012 7:29 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 4, 2012 10:03 pm  #4

Sean Connery, hands down.

Board footera