BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 27, 2012 8:53 pm  #1

Q.I.

Does anyone watch the rather amusing panel show QI presented by well known Sherlockian (and Mycroft from the Guy Ritchie movies) Stephen Fry?

Anyway, this is a really hilarious section where they discuss the excessive use of the word "ejaculate" in the canon:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 4, 2012 9:51 pm  #2

Re: Q.I.

LOL. I'll never be able to read the canon the same way again.

October 5, 2012 6:26 am  #3

I knew this thing and posted it in some other thread but to hear it voiced by Stephen Fry is brilliant. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 26, 2012 12:37 pm  #4

By the way, I watched some episodes of Q.I. on yt, it's great. I also watched "Q.I. funny moments" videos, Stephen is so easily to embarrass, especially when someone flirts with him. It's cute.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 28, 2012 9:19 pm  #5

@ German girls here, you have to watch the episode below. The topic of it is Germany. Totally interesting and Stephens pronunciation is rather good.

Last edited by Ivy (November 29, 2012 8:07 am)

----------

November 28, 2012 10:17 pm  #6

Hilarious!   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 26, 2013 9:48 pm  #7

I adore QI, especially when David Mitchell is a guest.  Someday, somehow, I swear I will score tickets to a recording.  *plots madly*

Anna M.C.

---------------------------------------------------------

Will happily pay the annual license fee for legal US iPlayer access. BBC lawyers, *please* take my money.

May 27, 2013 7:22 am  #8

David Mitchell is in an advert at the cinema at the moment. It is excruciatingly, cringeworthy and he is just brilliant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 27, 2013 7:31 am  #9

David Mitchell mentioned recently in an article that he's a big fan of Sherlock.  I keep thinking now that I would absolutely love to see him in a cameo role in an episode.  He'd be brilliant.

Anna M.C.

Will happily pay the annual license fee for legal US iPlayer access. BBC lawyers, *please* take my money.

May 27, 2013 7:53 am  #10

He would be, as Arthur would say, BRILLIANT!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 27, 2013 2:25 pm  #11

Huge fan.  Loved it when Mark was on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 7, 2013 9:29 am  #12

David Mitchell is somehow cute and I like him with a beard. He's also a Cambridge man, a lot of people I like were in Cambridge.

What are you favourite guests?

----------

June 7, 2013 11:41 am  #13

David has eyes like Puss in Boots! Aww! 

June 8, 2013 7:36 pm  #14

Ivy wrote:

David Mitchell is somehow cute and I like him with a beard. He's also a Cambridge man, a lot of people I like were in Cambridge.

What are you favourite guests?

Gosh, I enjoy most of them.  Dara O'Briain is always fun, and Graham Norton was hilarious (the "serial killer father-in-law" bit was one of the funniest moments ever).  It's probably faster to list the guests I don't like; fortunately, I can count those on one hand.

Anna M.C.

June 9, 2013 4:38 pm  #15

I looooooooooooove QI! I've watched every episode on YouTube, multiple times! My favorite might be David Mitchell (seems to be a theme here), also love Rob Brydon and Bill Bailey. I didn't like Jimmy Carr at first but he's really grown on me. Daniel Radcliff was very good when he was on (he's kind of great on every show, isn't he? So lovable!). Oh, oh, and one of my many obsession, PROFESSOR BRIAN COX!! Omg I love him so much it's not decent.

What I wouldn't give to see Ben on there!

June 9, 2013 5:40 pm  #16

Ah, how could I forget Bill Bailey?  I've even seen his live show, Qualmpeddler.  .

The Batch has great comic timing, but I wonder if he's got the right skill set for this sort of show.  I remember Mark Gatiss didn't seem all that comfortable the one time he was on, despite how talented he is (although, to be fair, I think it was one of the very early shows and they hadn't really nailed down the format yet).  Granted, the Batch did well on Have I Got News for You, but that's more scripted.  Hmm.  Then again, he seems to do annoyingly well at everything he tries.

I'd quite enjoy seeing Mat Baynton (spelled it right this time!) or any of the rest of the Horrible Histories cast turned loose on QI, assuming they've got the off-the-cuff banter gene.  It's always hard to tell if someone has it or not, regardless of how funny they are at scripted comedy, until you see them try it.

Anna M.C.

Last edited by annamc (June 9, 2013 5:42 pm)

June 9, 2013 6:54 pm  #17

You're probably right. The non-comedians do tend to fade a bit to the background, I guess I was just thinking he's smart and funny and it would be awesome to see Stephen flirt with him 

October 5, 2014 10:20 am  #18

Yay, new series has finally started! 

October 16, 2014 6:21 pm  #19

I've missed it so much. 

----------

Board footera