BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2012 11:25 am  #81

Re: Germany board meet up

Sounds like it was enormous fun. Is that cake a Baker Street Sponge, tobe? Did you use Una Stubbs's recipe?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 29, 2012 11:43 am  #82

The cake was made by LenaGriffey. Very delicious! Thank you again for that, Lena!
The truth is: We were actually 4 board members; no: 5! Not to forget miss camembert! But those two haven't been with us  all the time. Who wants to join fangirling middle-aged ladys longer than a few hours? 
Fine, we had serious talks, too.

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 29, 2012 11:44 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 29, 2012 12:54 pm  #83

Oh, yes, definitely. It was a well-balanced mixture of serious discussion, TV observations and deductions and fangirling. 

Tobe, Lena liked your flat very much. So did I, BTW. Very, very British indeed. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2012 3:13 pm  #84

Does she have pink carpet on the stairs? A bathtub with 2 faucets hot and cold? A fireplace? A Golden Retriever?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 29, 2012 3:52 pm  #85

Er, no. But the colours blue, white and red are quite dominant. I don't know if I'm allowed to describe the flat in detail but you don't have to be Sherlock to deduce Tobe's passions in life when seeing it. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2012 4:09 pm  #86

I was only musing a bit about my British furnishing memories compared to continental ones
- you don't need to go into details about Tobe's flat 
A good friend of mine has his walls painted in English Red colour, the dark version. Also very lovely.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 29, 2012 4:37 pm  #87

Just back from the office where HEAPS of work were waiting for me. Now I'm wearing my socks with a nice mug of Earl Grey standing on my left while reading your posts on this topic.
Oh - I really enjoyed the weekend - after all, it was way too short. So much more worth to be discussed. It's actually unbelievable how much there is in just six episodes that keeps engaging our thoughts.  When you are among like-minded guys you can just talk as you like without being afraid of getting on other people's nerves. That is absolutely priceless! (You can't always just talk to a scull friend or similar objects, you know... ) As for me - we can repeat that at any time - here or elsewhere. And with more of you joining us!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 30, 2012 6:21 pm  #88

Haha, today I remembered from our meeting:
Everone of course has a Sherlock-related ringtone. Sherlock or Staying alive.
So we were watching the dvd and one of us left the room for some reason. Her phone was ringing, but she didn't react. We had to call "This is NOT from tv!!" and she rushed back inside and to her phone.
So I had to laugh when I imagined a meeting of, let's say, 10 or more Sherlockians and a phone is ringing...   

October 30, 2012 6:25 pm  #89

Ha, ha.
I've been meaning to ask if you spoke German the whole time or English in honor of Sherlock?

October 30, 2012 6:35 pm  #90

We were watching the original DVDs in honour of Sherlock - but talked about it in German. Just once we watched parts of Reichenbach in the German dubbed version because it's soo horrible.  Especially the roof scene, the note, John's soliloquy. As you know, Sherlock and John address each other in the formal "Sie" - up to the very end. Imagine what that does to the atmosphere, the feelings, the credibility...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 30, 2012 6:35 pm  #91

Hubby asked it yesterday. It was German, which I found really relaxing. 

October 30, 2012 6:38 pm  #92

I'm imagining Sherlock and John referring to each other as "sir."

I'm also remembering our young German member, the musician, who dubbed himself into the scene. That was pretty neat.

October 30, 2012 6:38 pm  #93

tobeornot221b wrote:

We were watching the original DVDs in honour of Sherlock - but talked about it in German. Just once we watched parts of Reichenbach in the German dubbed version because it's soo horrible.  Especially the roof scene, the note, John's soliloquy. As you know, Sherlock and John address each other in the formal "Sie" - up to the very end. Imagine what that does to the atmosphere, the feelings, the credibility...

Yeah, right, tobe tortured us with that dubbed scene directly after breakfast and short before I had to get my train. Maybe she did it on purpose to make it easier for us to leave. 

October 30, 2012 6:39 pm  #94

Yeah that was gooood! I must say I find it incredible really that they decided to stick with the formal. It just doesn't make logical sense!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 30, 2012 6:41 pm  #95

Bitte seien Sie nicht tot. 

October 30, 2012 6:47 pm  #96

SusiGo wrote:

Perhaps you would be so kind, sir, as to consider not being dead?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 30, 2012 6:57 pm  #97

tobeornot221b wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Perhaps you would be so kind, sir, as to consider not being dead?

Eloquently put, my dear friend!

October 30, 2012 7:35 pm  #98

Well it captures all the right emotional depth doesn't it! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 1, 2012 10:15 am  #99

Britta, I've just been eating a bun with your jam. It's delicious. Yum yum. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 1, 2012 10:16 am)

November 1, 2012 11:44 am  #100

Thank you! It might become slightly sharper when you reach the area with the sunken small pieces of candied ginger. Still good on cheese then, I believe. 

I started reading your book "Sprache der Schatten". From the first 4 chapters I deduce that this might be a "can't-stop-reading-one" again. 

Board footera