BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 3:49 pm  #901

Re: Germany board meet up

SusiGo wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Well girls - this was a truly memorable meet-up!
Might have been a hotel room world record: Ten fans, gathering around a small TV screen, wrapped  in their shock blankets, watching HLV with baited breath.
And sleeping afterwards seemed to be just... boring. I quite enjoyed all those discussions we had. So much fun!
Wouldn't mind a repetition of a similar event in the near future.

Agreement on all points. 

Same here! I had a great time, and it's nice to know that the fandom consists of such intelligent, interesting and diverse ladies.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 13, 2014 5:51 pm  #902

The meet-up was so much fun!
I was happy to see Susi and Ani again and to finally get to know all the others in person.
Only we had far too little to eat.

Last edited by QuiteExtraordinary (January 13, 2014 9:32 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 13, 2014 5:52 pm  #903

I only just got home, after spending not 6, but 8 hours on trains - thanks, Deutsche Bahn, for completely messing everything up again

But apart from that, I had a great time meeting you all it was so much fun discussing everything and watching Sherlock together!
Where can I sign up for the next meeting? ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 13, 2014 5:59 pm  #904

SherlockianDE wrote:

I only just got home, after spending not 6, but 8 hours on trains - thanks, Deutsche Bahn, for completely messing everything up again

Oh no...! Oberleitungsschaden? Well, hopefully not, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it...
Have a relaxing evening now, after eight hours on the train you definitely deserve it!

QE, right, I was starving when I got home.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 13, 2014 6:11 pm  #905

Hm, last time it took me 4 instead of 2 hours home thanks Deutsche Bahn....
Anyway, my last meeting was great fun, too, so I hope I can join you on the next one again; not only for 20 seconds via Skype.    Thanks again, QE! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 13, 2014 6:18 pm  #906

SolarSystem wrote:

SherlockianDE wrote:

Oh no...! Oberleitungsschaden? Well, hopefully not, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it...

No, they settled for "Störungen im Betriebsablauf", which can mean pratically anything *rolleyes*

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Only we had far too little to eat.

I rather think we brought too much stuff

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 13, 2014 9:05 pm  #907

Good to hear everyone had a safe trip home. Even, if it wasn´t so cosy and nice as our meet-up.
Oh, all you lovely, lovely ladies.... I head a blast and was so enjoying meeting you all in real live.
Nearly - usually I don´t lie/sit on floors, holding my breath and I really, really never have watched Sherlock for EIGHT (?) hours.
Meeting again? WiIl be there

@gently69: please keep the union jack as a present from me ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

January 13, 2014 9:38 pm  #908

Yes, it was a bit of marathon, wasn't it? Loved it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 13, 2014 10:11 pm  #909

Well... That. Was. Amazing. !!

There's not much more to say. I enjoyed every minute of our time together
Thank you all, that were wonderful 8+ hours squeezed in a tiny room full of food, no air to breathe, and so much SHERLOCK :D
I fell asleep around 4.30am, I think.
Let's do this again, I'll be there! ... and maybe the reception lady will even join us next time :D
SherlockianDE: Sorry to hear that Deutsche Bahn let you down. They're reliably annoying.

"It is what it is."

January 13, 2014 10:36 pm  #910

The Union Jack is with me right now, I was planning on holding it hostage and mail it to you when you send me a package ;-)
But maybe we can keep it as a mascot/Wanderpokal for our meetings? 
What do you think?

January 14, 2014 5:33 am  #911

Maggi13 wrote:

The Union Jack is with me right now, I was planning on holding it hostage and mail it to you when you send me a package ;-)
What do you think?

Brilliant idea!

And I suppose that next time we'll have the marathon of marathons, right? Just two words: Nine episodes... (or maybe even ten... PilotBatch!)

January 14, 2014 5:53 am  #912

SolarSystem wrote:

Maggi13 wrote:

What do you think?

Brilliant idea!

And I suppose that next time we'll have the marathon of marathons, right? Just two words: Nine episodes... (or maybe even ten... PilotBatch!)

That's a great idea, Maggi! Next time all participating members are going to sign it.

And yes - the ultimate Sherlock marathon is something I'd look forward to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 14, 2014 6:12 am  #913

I love these ideas. The flag as a mascot and 10 episodes! OH GOD YES!

Sorry to hear that about your journey, Sherlockian. That's how we know Deutsche Bahn. Also had "nice" adventures with it.
@ Whisky... so early? Nope. One more hour... more likely. Last time I had a look at my clock it said 5:15 am.

Last edited by gently69 (January 14, 2014 6:14 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 14, 2014 7:38 am  #914

Sounds brilliant. And the receptionst will be very welcome. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 14, 2014 8:46 am  #915

But then I think we should start on Saturday and go on on Sunday. 9 x 1 1/2 h and another hour Pilot-Batch... not manageable in one day... in my opinion. Unless we don't discuss inbetween and drink and eat and sleep...
We should also think about a meeting room. 10 ladies in a small hotel room... that's cosy... but more...?
Maybe it's possible to negotiate a good price with the hotel. We were such nice guests.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 14, 2014 8:58 am  #916

And nobody complained about us. A miracle. 

January 14, 2014 9:32 am  #917

Well...during watching HLV we were deadly silent... Can't even remember to hear anybody breathing.

(Tony Hadley)

January 14, 2014 9:34 am  #918

I think I stopped breathing for the whole mind palace scene. A wonder we did not need an ambulance. 

January 14, 2014 9:44 am  #919

Yeah, me too. And my heart stopped beating as well. Think... during this scene we all were clinically dead.

(Tony Hadley)

January 14, 2014 10:25 am  #920

When I think about it... actually we started being alive again when Sherlock did it.

Last edited by gently69 (January 14, 2014 3:33 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera