BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2014 7:01 pm  #881

Re: Germany board meet up

Yes, I have never read any spoilers, I did not even watch the official trailer. 
I just want to be able to form my own opinion. Also we can talk about everything afterwards? 
That would be really great.

January 11, 2014 7:18 pm  #882

I only just joined the forum today, but SherlockianDE invited me in the chat to the meetup tomorrow sine I live fairly nearby. It sounds like a blast, and I hope it's not too short-notice to come.

My real name is Tina, I live near Leverkusen, and I'm up to date with all the episodes. I'm also a huge anglophile, so watching Sherlock in English won't be a problem.

January 11, 2014 9:32 pm  #883

Well, maybe not, since gently said it's probably a little too short notice. Maybe next time.

January 12, 2014 12:00 am  #884

I'll be there already at 2pm, too
Also, I agree to no spoilers, though I hope we don't have to split up ;)
Friend of mine thinks that's all very crazy, and asked me how I'll recognize you all, once there. Funny, I never worried about that :D
Have save journeys, see you soon!

"It is what it is."

January 12, 2014 7:30 am  #885

Not quite, Swanpride. Mine is still in my bag - and it's not orange. (I hate orange.)
I can be recognized by my completely normal looks. Apart from my blue scarf and the Baker Street pin attached to my coat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 12, 2014 7:53 am  #886

I wish you all a wonderful day!
Obviously you are not in danger of starving, and I'm sure there will be enough tissues around, so enjoy yourselves!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 12, 2014 8:29 am  #887

Thanks a lot, Schmiezi. We will do our very best. 
Concerning to recognise someone... look for someone with an unusual haircut (side cut) in the lobby and addresses to her. That's very probably me. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 12, 2014 9:48 am  #888

The schedule said we'd meet at 15.30 in the lobby. So latest we meet there right? 
I will be arriving at two.
See you there
Oh and you recognise me as I am the one with a cake

Last edited by Maggi13 (January 12, 2014 9:49 am)

January 12, 2014 9:58 am  #889

I assume we'll meet sooner anyway, we'll probably stumble over one another at around 2pm somwhere in the lobby. And I think the idea was to meet at 3.30pm to go out and grab something to eat. But if we are all there sooner, we can go out sooner and so forth.

Okay, see you later then!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 12, 2014 10:13 am  #890

Yes of course.. yay stumbling over fellow sherlockiens. My favourite kind of pass time.

January 12, 2014 10:39 am  #891

Ah, thanks for beeing against HLV Spoilers. I avoid nearly everything about it and just want to be surprised.
Wow.....my deep respect for all those traveling from far away! That´s really awesome!
I think I will arrive around 14.30/14:45 h. Does anyone need a Bus Stop pick up around that time?

I´m SO looking forward meeting you all!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

January 12, 2014 10:44 am  #892

Just waiting for the bathroom to get free.  Then to the petrol station and off I go. Look out for a Sherlocked or Alan Turing t-shirt. That's me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2014 12:21 pm  #893

Enjoy, all! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 12, 2014 1:28 pm  #894

Yes, enjoy! I envy you guys!

The Game is On!

January 12, 2014 2:20 pm  #895

Have a great time! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 13, 2014 1:10 pm  #896

Well girls - this was a truly memorable meet-up!
Might have been a hotel room world record: Ten fans, gathering around a small TV screen, wrapped  in their shock blankets, watching HLV with baited breath.
And sleeping afterwards seemed to be just... boring. I quite enjoyed all those discussions we had. So much fun!
Wouldn't mind a repetition of a similar event in the near future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 13, 2014 1:23 pm  #897

Shame I missed that ;). Maybe next time .

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 13, 2014 1:32 pm  #898

tobeornot221b wrote:

Well girls - this was a truly memorable meet-up!
Might have been a hotel room world record: Ten fans, gathering around a small TV screen, wrapped  in their shock blankets, watching HLV with baited breath.
And sleeping afterwards seemed to be just... boring. I quite enjoyed all those discussions we had. So much fun!
Wouldn't mind a repetition of a similar event in the near future.

Agreement on all points. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 13, 2014 1:33 pm  #899

Yes ladies... it was a great great pleasure to spend this Sherlock-Night with you. (Now people will definitely talk.  )
Really would love to repeat that. Maybe we can arrange a "refresh-event" in summer time? 

EDIT: And thanks a lot again for the little presents I got!!!

Last edited by gently69 (January 13, 2014 1:37 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 13, 2014 2:12 pm  #900

Yes to all.
Lovely meeting you all and I look forward to our next meetings

Board footera