BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2014 3:24 pm  #861

Re: Germany board meet up

Solar... have we to do it like this? Really? 
Whisky, the nearest station is Ratingen Weststrasse, which you can reach by tram or bus. Have a look at the Deutsche Bahn page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 11, 2014 3:26 pm  #862

Thanks very much, gently69 and SolarSystem!!!

Last edited by Whisky (January 11, 2014 3:27 pm)

"It is what it is."

January 11, 2014 3:36 pm  #863

gently, I just thought you'd like the idea of having these two guys in the car with us - especially the one on the left. Well, I guess I was wrong...

Whisky, you're welcome! (Sorry for accidentally sending you the same PM twice... )

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 11, 2014 3:43 pm  #864

Whisky wrote:

Oh, I am already so excited You all seem to be very well prepared !! This is going to be really nice I think
Does anybody come by train and has figured out how to get there? I'm not sure which is the nearest tram station? (on the hotel internet page I've found only directions for cars, and I'm not very familiar with the trams around Düsseldorf...)

I'm coming by train too - I'll take the S6 from Duesseldorf Hbf, arriving at Ratingen Ost. From there, it's apparently a 15min walk. There might even be a bus or something, so if it rains or anything I'll have a look at the schedule there.

My train leaves at 5:37 am  guess I'll go to bed soon tonight... why am I doing this again? Oh right - so that I can cry together with you all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 11, 2014 3:45 pm  #865

Ah... you are going to bring these guys... understand you wrong first... but will be boring for Daniel Brühl... if nobody notices him...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 11, 2014 3:52 pm  #866

SherlockianDE wrote:

My train leaves at 5:37 am  guess I'll go to bed soon tonight... why am I doing this again? Oh right - so that I can cry together with you all

Gosh, that's early...! When will you arrive in Ratingen?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 11, 2014 3:56 pm  #867

5:37? Wow... but you already told me about this long journey. I really appreciate that you do this... for a "nice cry". 

(Tony Hadley)

January 11, 2014 4:21 pm  #868

SolarSystem wrote:

Gosh, that's early...! When will you arrive in Ratingen?

According to the schedule, I'll arrive at 12:16 pm. But I might have a quick look around Duesseldorf in-between, because otherwise I'll be at the hotel way too early...

Is anybody else arriving earlier than 2 pm and wants to meet up somewhere?

gently69 wrote:

5:37? Wow... but you already told me about this long journey. I really appreciate that you do this... for a "nice cry". 

Ah well, I'm SO looking forward to meeting other Sherlockians that I really don't mind the long journey. And my Kindle is filled to the brink with Sherlck fanfic, so time'll probably pass quickly and then it's time for HLV! *very excited*

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 11, 2014 4:57 pm  #869

I just wanted to say one thing that is important to me - I have been avoiding certain threads for some days and Twitter because I do not want to know anything about HLV. I would be very happy if we would not discuss spoilers about the episode tomorrow. I do not mean theories but facts about the episode that have been revealed in the media. What do you think? 
See you later, I will be away for some hours. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 11, 2014 5:06 pm  #870

SusiGo wrote:

I just wanted to say one thing that is important to me - I have been avoiding certain threads for some days and Twitter because I do not want to know anything about HLV. I would be very happy if we would not discuss spoilers about the episode tomorrow. I do not mean theories but facts about the episode that have been revealed in the media. What do you think? 
See you later, I will be away for some hours. 

Yes, I agree. No spoilers please. Let's enjoy ep. 1+2 and start into HLV without any impacts.

(Tony Hadley)

January 11, 2014 5:17 pm  #871

Fine. I think I will arrive on time at 2 pm. :-)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 11, 2014 5:18 pm  #872

Yes please - no spoilers now that we've entered the final straight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 11, 2014 5:31 pm  #873

Yep, no spoilers. 
Also my friend Yve had to cancel, she is too busy with her baby and very tired in the evenings. I guess I have to visit and do a private screening for her afterwards. 
Last point, cake is now in the oven. 
Looking so much forward to this! Ahhhh, tomorrow guys, it is already on tomorrow!!

January 11, 2014 5:46 pm  #874

I agree with everyone about the spoilers, but just so we're clear: does this include spoilers that have been around for a long time? I mean like the little bits and pieces about HLV that were already on the spoiler thread some time ago...

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 11, 2014 5:48 pm  #875

Yes, it does. Seriously.

Last edited by Harriet (January 11, 2014 5:48 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 11, 2014 5:54 pm  #876

I'm actually not sure I know which spoilers have been around for a while and which haven't. Okay, we all know who the baddie is going to be, right? But apart from that I don't really know all that much about HLV yet. What I know is basically theories and ideas (at least I think so), so maybe we could try to only talk about the first two episodes before we watch HLV...? Might not be easy, but I really have some difficulties with distinguishing real spoliers from theories at this point.

January 11, 2014 6:01 pm  #877

Okay good, so I just won't say a word about any kind of HLV spoiler... I really don't want to spoil the fun for anyone.

I'm all packed now, so I'm ready to go!

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 11, 2014 6:02 pm  #878

SolarSystem wrote:

I'm actually not sure I know which spoilers have been around for a while and which haven't. Okay, we all know who the baddie is going to be, right? But apart from that I don't really know all that much about HLV yet. What I know is basically theories and ideas (at least I think so), so maybe we could try to only talk about the first two episodes before we watch HLV...? Might not be easy, but I really have some difficulties with distinguishing real spoliers from theories at this point.

Yes, I know what you mean, Solar.
So let's pretend then there have been only the first two episodes.
So much stuff to discuss only from these two anyway!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 11, 2014 6:07 pm  #879

Agreed! No problem for me.

(Tony Hadley)

January 11, 2014 6:22 pm  #880

I mean, if some of us really want to discuss spoilers... we have lots of 'chat hotel rooms' to choose from, we can always have a 'Spoiler Hotel Room' and a 'Spoiler Free Hotel Room'.

Board footera