BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 28, 2012 2:10 pm  #61

Re: Germany board meet up

Thanks, I felt it 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 28, 2012 3:31 pm  #62

Finally I'm back home, too.
One hour later than expected. "Deutsche Bahn" did it's best to create a real adventure for me.
All trains were delayed and I had to choose another one as planned several times. Chaos.
But after a lovely breakfast from tobe I managed. 

Girls, how long did we sleep? Two hours? I'm really tired now and have to lay down on the sofa for a while.
Just let me point out: If you ever have the possibility to meet tobe and Susi: do so! They are so nice and lovely persons and I really enjoyed our weekend! Couldn't have been any better!

Can't think anymore right now so: Laterz! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 28, 2012 3:41 pm  #63

Yes, you can always rely on Deutsche Bahn! At least, they didn't give you the opportunity to fall asleep, right? Your domestic sofa will be much more appropriate than the train now. As for me, I'm going to wrap myself in a blanket and go for the pilot right now.
It was so nice to have you here, Matttlocked. Thanks for your sweet words...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 28, 2012 4:42 pm  #64

Thank you so much, girls! It was such a wonderful weekend, funny and relaxed, with nice food and great TV. Tobe, I'm sorry I abducted your knife. Can send it by post. About sleep - it was 4 hours max. Bit tired. Now for the new anagram. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 28, 2012 5:08 pm  #65

Susi - just forget about the knife. What should I need it for? I don't even have a mantlepiece!

Thank you btw to our Boss. Without you - and without this board I would have missed some very nice persons!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 28, 2012 6:17 pm  #66

Harriet wrote:

Awwww, Tobe, what a lovely report    My dictionary says: You all got your just deserts.
Hope that is right and that you enjoyed your meals and the deserts as well 

Oh, and happy to have you back here 

... and your canon inspired cameras: LOL

"Getting one's just deserts" does refer to getting what one deserves, but it usually refers to a punishment or retirbution, and sometimes not in the most expected or direct way. You could say Irene got her just deserts when Sherlock finally figured out her password and left her to the mercy of her enemies.

"Desert" has a more common meaning of "arid land."

In any case,"desert" and "dessert" are often mixed up, and your pun works. I'd like to be on a diet of just desserts, myself. 

Last edited by veecee (October 28, 2012 6:17 pm)

October 28, 2012 6:20 pm  #67

Thank you for the photos of and reports on your lovely weekend together. It sounds like so much fun, and the food, etc. were inspired. I hope to get to such a meetup myself one day.

I have to chuckle about POOL. Does that refer to The Great Game?

October 28, 2012 6:27 pm  #68

veecee wrote:

Thank you for the photos of and reports on your lovely weekend together. It sounds like so much fun, and the food, etc. were inspired. I hope to get to such a meetup myself one day.

I have to chuckle about POOL. Does that refer to The Great Game?

Yes, aka The Great Pool. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 28, 2012 6:49 pm  #69

I'm glad you got a chance to meet each other--it's great fun, isn't it?!  Thanks for posting photos--they're great.  Especially enjoyed the one of the Canon.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

October 28, 2012 7:01 pm  #70

tobeornot221b wrote:

Yes, thank you, Harriet! We were so busy but always thinking of you, be assured...

That's true. We kept looking if you were online and said how nice it wold have been to have you with us. Maybe next time. 

October 28, 2012 7:04 pm  #71

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 29, 2012 9:38 am  #72

As a little addition I want to show you this: Lunch at 22B Bakerstreet. With sock index! 

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 29, 2012 9:40 am)

October 29, 2012 9:44 am  #73

Guess what I'm wearing just now on my feet? 

October 29, 2012 9:47 am  #74

Yes, those are great, aren't they?? 

October 29, 2012 10:09 am  #75

Are you disqualified if you feel you couldn't bring these Quavers down?   

October 29, 2012 10:13 am  #76

No... Thanks to the girls we had a lot of other nice things to eat. 

October 29, 2012 10:18 am  #77

Oh good, I was worried it was a test if you are courageous enough 

Who made the lovely socks? 

Last edited by Harriet (October 29, 2012 10:23 am)

October 29, 2012 10:29 am  #78

Tobe made them. I wasn't allowed to put on my own ones and we had to take them home after the meeting.
Just joking. I really love those socks and you can never have enough of them in cold winters.

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 29, 2012 10:30 am)

October 29, 2012 10:37 am  #79

Very nice, Tobe!    Did you deduce the sizes?

October 29, 2012 10:59 am  #80

No. She asked for it. But I'm sure she could have if she'd really tried. And our measurements as well. 

Board footera