BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2013 9:17 pm  #741

Re: Germany board meet up

I will ask him. I think, it's just the right area to live and the knowledge how to reach the right satellite.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 18, 2013 8:15 pm  #742

Well, hello and apologies for being so late! This is so not me, but to make up for it I just reserved myself a nice double room. 
So in case anyone would like to join the fan meet you are very welcome to share my room. 
Anyway, I am really excited right now to meet you all and to be around people that understand what the heck I am always talking about. Can't believe it is less than a month now!

December 18, 2013 8:17 pm  #743

That's great that you could join us, Maggi! Looking forward to meeting you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 18, 2013 8:26 pm  #744

Great, Maggi! The more, the merrier!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 18, 2013 8:28 pm  #745

Gets more cosy then. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 19, 2013 2:01 am  #746

More cosy is good

and on that happy note, I'm away now from the internet till the first days of the New Year... due to pre-christmas madness, actual christmas celebrations, holidays and sherlock-spoiler-paranoia ;)

wishing you all a wonderful christmas season and a happy new year!

"It is what it is."

December 25, 2013 9:51 am  #747

My friend Yve would also like to join. But only for the  3rd episode.  She has a baby at home and can't stay away for too long.
Hope that it is ok.
And merry Christmas everyone

December 29, 2013 6:58 pm  #748

Right... then a little summary for those whom may be interested...

The participants at THE MEETING OF THE YEAR at 12th of January so far...

SusiGo
SherlockianDE
SolarSystem
tobeornot221b
QuiteExtraordinary
Whisky
Sava
Maggi13
and her friend Yve

and me...

So we are 10 by now... very cosy little event in a hotel room ... hope we don't get thrown out...

Should we agree about what everybody should bring... that we don't have a lot to drink and nothing to eat or vice versa?

Btw... eating... if we going to meet at 2pm... shouldn't we try to eat somewhere? Some of us will certainly have nothing more than breakfast before that...

(Tony Hadley)

December 29, 2013 7:24 pm  #749

Good idea about the eating. Maybe there is a pizzeria or something like that near the hotel. I will try to come as early as possible. And I will be able to find you in case you leave for the restaurant before I arrive. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 29, 2013 7:40 pm  #750

Pizza sounds good. Will ask Google Maps. 

(Tony Hadley)

December 29, 2013 9:07 pm  #751

And we should keep in mind that if we really want to watch episodes 1 and 2 before HLV airs, we'll have to start watching at around 6pm. That would give us enough time for little breaks between the episodes.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 29, 2013 9:24 pm  #752

Little breaks to get tissues, go to the loo, get more drinks, try to calm down ...

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 29, 2013 9:34 pm  #753

Exactly... herbal soothers, anyone?
And since drinks and snacks were mentioned: I'll bring a bottle of Port and probably some British cookies and crisps.

December 29, 2013 9:40 pm  #754

I can bring anything legal and non-alcoholic. What kinds of snacks and sweets do you all prefer?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 29, 2013 9:47 pm  #755

I could bring chocolate, different flavours. Which drinks do we need? (One port for me, please).

December 29, 2013 9:54 pm  #756

I bring some cider if wanted? And maybe something different to eat... babybell perhaps? Yes, and something to drink without alcohol would be great too.

(Tony Hadley)

December 29, 2013 10:00 pm  #757

When it comes to soft drinks, juice or plain water, maybe we all could bring our own stuff...? I know I'll need water, pure and simple, and I'll just bring a few bottles with me.
Apart from the Port, I could also bring some white wine...?

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 29, 2013 10:01 pm)

December 29, 2013 10:03 pm  #758

I am fine with that. Maybe I bring a choice of Bionade. 

December 30, 2013 1:14 am  #759

Sounds great so far. 
I agree for the softdrinks, everyone for themselves. I have a large bottle of Sekt which I won't need for New Years, so I'll just bring it. Also I could bring a cake, quickly done and a good snack.
Maybe someone could bring some fruits? Healty snacking might be good so we do not eat all the yummy Chips and stuff ;-)

December 31, 2013 8:54 am  #760

Oh, I would volunteer to bring a lemon. The lemon is in play, right?

Board footera