BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2013 9:57 pm  #721

Re: Germany board meet up

Apple for me as well. Wonder if I should mix it with port, though ... 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 12, 2013 10:14 pm  #722

Gulp.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 13, 2013 8:26 am  #723

SusiGo wrote:

Apple for me as well. Wonder if I should mix it with port, though ... 

It's your decision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 13, 2013 9:08 am  #724

No fear, I will behave myself. I am not much of a drinker anyway.  

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 13, 2013 9:18 am  #725

I had a different impression in the chat yesterday concerning behaviour.
But that was just gossip, wasn't it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 13, 2013 9:32 am  #726

Of course. I have no idea what they were talking about. I am well-behaved mother of two. Just saying. 

December 13, 2013 9:35 am  #727

Yeah, that's what they always say...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 13, 2013 9:37 am  #728

I just wanted to check what you have been telling about me yesterday but the chatroom is down. Wonder why. 

December 13, 2013 9:52 am  #729

I don't even know you, so I certainly didn't say a thing.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 13, 2013 9:58 am  #730

I'm going to form my own opinion in January.

(Tony Hadley)

December 13, 2013 7:56 pm  #731

oh good, so it's really happening... I'm very happy now

I'm neither teenager nor "oldie" ... but this is my first meeting like this (via a forum), and I'm rather shy with new people... but I trust that Sherlockians are very kind, welcoming people

The comfy TV room sounds even better than a conference room. great!!

you'll keep everybody up-to-date here? because sometimes I'm offline for a few days... don't want to miss sth important

now, the important stuff: S3E1 and S3E2... ;)
I've asked an english (?) member somewhere in this forum if he/she could record the episodes and send them via post/mail to me in Germany... I have to find that thread again...
I still think that's a better option than record from streaming, because british TV will be more realiable I think... I cannot even begin to think how many will try to stream the episodes...
Maybe we could all ask around, if maybe some very kind lovely members from the UK could dvd-record the episodes and send them to us? (I do think that's quite legal, and I am 100percent sure we would all buy the dvds anyway later...)

And it would be AMAZING if we could watch S3E1 and S3E2 together before S3E3!!! Because I cannot see right now how I would be able to watch them otherwise... and it would be so cool to watch the episodes in one go (well, with breaks for food and nerves of course :D ) and with devoted fans!!
We could maybe watch the other two episodes in the afternoon (arriving 2pm-ish at the hotel?) and then grab food and settle down for the final... oh god, no, I just can't think "final"... well, THE episode, you know :D

uh, sorry, that was a lot of talking

"It is what it is."

December 13, 2013 8:13 pm  #732

Whisky, in the chat yesterday we agreed on starting to watch the first two episodes at around 6pm. Some of us will arrive a bit later than 2pm, so we will have some time to get to know each other a little bit, chat and then sit down to watch episodes 1 and 2.
I think tobe will bring the first two episodes with her. ;-)

December 13, 2013 9:13 pm  #733

SolarSystem wrote:

Whisky, in the chat yesterday we agreed on starting to watch the first two episodes at around 6pm. Some of us will arrive a bit later than 2pm, so we will have some time to get to know each other a little bit, chat and then sit down to watch episodes 1 and 2.
I think tobe will bring the first two episodes with her. ;-)

oh, well, and here I sit worrying... ;) I might just stop that and hug you all instead... that sounds amazing

"It is what it is."

December 13, 2013 11:09 pm  #734

Hello!

After spamming you all a few days ago, I would like to introduce myself a bit more here. This is all quite ecxiting for me as I am not really experienced with forums. So, I am just about to try and start my first steps :-) You seem to know each other quite well and it is always a bit scary for a new person comming into an existing group. That is why I like the idea of a fan meet up so much, I think it is always great to know the people in person and be able to talk face to face.

I am from Germany as well and I have seen Sherlock first when I was abroad, at a time when now one knew the series in Germany. I loved it a lot and told many people about it, but as nobody had seen it, no one understood my enthusiasm. That was quite a sad time! When did you see your first Sherlock?

December 13, 2013 11:11 pm  #735

Oh, and another question: How did you get these great citations into your messages? How can I change my avatar into sth more Sherlockian?

December 14, 2013 12:11 am  #736

Hi Boreray, we have an introduction thread separately... but nevertheless welcome. 
You can add a sig in your profile. And there you can also place an avatar. But I think that's only possible with an url.

(Tony Hadley)

December 15, 2013 1:32 pm  #737

gently69 wrote:

Hi Boreray, we have an introduction thread separately... but nevertheless welcome.
You can add a sig in your profile. And there you can also place an avatar. But I think that's only possible with an url.

Hi, thank you for your welcome! I thought as I started writing here and as you plan to perhaps meet in Düsseldorf, it would be nice to inroduce myself here so that we might get to know each other a bit

I do like the Sherlockian Christmas decoration here, though it reminds me of all the presents I still have to buy
Have a nice sunday all of you!

December 15, 2013 2:58 pm  #738

Just wanna let you know, how much I love my husband. He managed it that we can receive BBC ONE!

(Tony Hadley)

December 15, 2013 8:35 pm  #739

Please ask him to send a report HOW!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 15, 2013 8:38 pm  #740

@gently69 Does he have single male friends with similar qualities?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

Board footera