BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2013 8:34 pm  #701

Re: Germany board meet up

SherlockianDE wrote:

Yep, I did that  looks like I'll go to Düsseldorf Hbf and take the S-Bahn from there. Thanks!

Ah, valuable information for me, I checked for train connections today as well and I suppose I have to go to Düsseldorf, too. ;-)

So do we know when we will all meet at the hotel? We can check in from 2pm on, will we all be there at around that time...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 11, 2013 9:18 pm  #702

Maybe I will have to come a bit later as my husband has to go abroad on the same day and I must take my son to a friend for a sleep-over. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 11, 2013 10:04 pm  #703

I think perhaps a meeting in the chat for example would be good to sort a few things out. To fix a time... I also got different reactions concerning the meetingroom. What about tomorrow evening? 8pm? Or Do you have other suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 11, 2013 10:16 pm  #704

I will try to be there. But you can meet earlier if you like, no problem at all. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 11, 2013 10:20 pm  #705

8pm should be fine with me.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 11, 2013 10:26 pm  #706

In case I should be late just start without me. I am fine with (nearly) everything. 

December 12, 2013 12:10 pm  #707

Right. A short update after having slightly panic.

Got an email of the reservation guy from the City Hotel telling me that they don't have BBC One. WHAT??? Called him at once and told him that this channel is requirement for our booking. And that I had a confirmation of his colleague about this. We need it because we plan gathering to watch something together. He told me that they only have TV via cable in their meetingroom but at their rooms they have satellite. He would check the availability once again.

Short time later he called me back. They have BBC One London at the rooms. After telling him that we are 9 perhaps 10 people, 2 who probably leave after the "event", he promised me to arrange a big comfort room with some more chairs. Did I sound very demanding?

Well then... no meetingroom, no extra costs, more cosiness. And the official permission for our event with guests in a hotel room.
Nevertheless I bring a projector. Can anybody chip in a laptop? If anybody was able to record the first episodes...

That was nerve-wrecking, girls.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 12, 2013 12:20 pm  #708

Hm. I understand that you were in panic. But all you need for watching is a laptop, the projector (connected to the laptop) and an internet connection, or am I wrong?
So it should work even though they don't have BBC one on telly?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 12, 2013 12:25 pm  #709

Yes, but I don't know how reliable the streaming via internet is. Don't have any experience with it.

(Tony Hadley)

December 12, 2013 1:26 pm  #710

I think I cannot come    However, thanks for organizing this, and have fun everybody - ehm, fun? S3E3???   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 12, 2013 2:28 pm  #711

That's a pity.

(Tony Hadley)

December 12, 2013 5:51 pm  #712

Exciting - news every day. I totally can understand your panic. But It sounds very could if I understood all. BBC One via telly - a bigger comfortable room and we´re allowed to have our "meeting" there. Sounds perfect, doesn´t it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

December 12, 2013 6:05 pm  #713

gently69 wrote:

Well then... no meetingroom, no extra costs, more cosiness. And the official permission for our event with guests in a hotel room.
Nevertheless I bring a projector. Can anybody chip in a laptop? If anybody was able to record the first episodes...

That sounds great, I'm sure it'll be very comfy

I'll try and record the first two episodes, but I can't promise anything as I'm not very technology-savvy... so if anyone else can also record them to make sure we have them, that would be great.

I also think the chat is a very good idea, however, I won't be able to take part tomorrow because I'm away from home until Monday...

Last edited by SherlockianDE (December 12, 2013 6:06 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

December 12, 2013 6:23 pm  #714

Of course, you're right! I only read "tomorrow evening" and failed to see that this had been written yesterday. Even better this way I'll certainly be there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

December 12, 2013 7:02 pm  #715

Same here, Swanpride... I can enter and then I'm all alone...?

December 12, 2013 7:09 pm  #716

Help! How does it work with the chat?

(Tony Hadley)

December 12, 2013 8:11 pm  #717

Hmm...I have no problems with the chat.. The German Non Spoiler one f.e.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

December 12, 2013 8:46 pm  #718

Ladies, do you like cider... apple, pear...?

(Tony Hadley)

December 12, 2013 8:50 pm  #719

Pear? Hmm. Apple, yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 12, 2013 9:13 pm  #720

Right. 

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera