BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2013 9:18 pm  #661

Re: Germany board meet up

Sorry,  I was a bit busy last days. Thanks @gently69 for asking the Ratingen Hotel. Hope they will say yes.
Ratingen would be perfect for me. It´s about 20 mins. away from my bed :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

December 6, 2013 9:20 pm  #662

We two will get along? You from Düsseldorf, me from Cologne? Sure... wiith this common "defect".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 6, 2013 9:38 pm  #663

*lol* I´m originally from the Ruhrpott - so it doesn´t matter, if you´re from cologne. I´m open minded

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 6, 2013 9:52 pm  #664

Sava wrote:

Sorry,  I was a bit busy last days. Thanks @gently69 for asking the Ratingen Hotel. Hope they will say yes.
Ratingen would be perfect for me. It´s about 20 mins. away from my bed :-)

Do you really think you will be able to find your bed after THIS?  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2013 9:55 pm  #665

You MIGHT be right :-)

December 6, 2013 10:09 pm  #666

Perhaps we don't need any beds afterwards. We go through the night... discussing and... oh what a man...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 6, 2013 10:17 pm  #667

Well, if the cliffhanger turns out to be only nearly as bad as TRF, you can certainly forget about being able to sleep...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 8, 2013 2:12 am  #668

Whisky wrote:

btw, the orange kommerz hotel looks like a crime scene itself... *scary but inspiring*

As far as I know they already used it for the Cologne "Tatort".

I am not surprised... ;)

Mattlocked wrote:

And of course I don't remember everyone's age. Everyone around here earning some money?

Well... definitely not enough to feed my Sherlockian expenses ;)

SherlockianDE wrote:

Let me know if you''re interested in sharing a nice cheap room at a hostel I flinched a bit at the hotel prices, too... especially since I'll already have to spend probably some hundred Euro for the train ride to Köln

Sharing would be fine. We could check who else would prefer a hostel, then book together?

I also don't think I'll sleep much. Probably I will be shellshocked for at least one hour, then I need another hour for overwhelming happiness   then another for dealing with the prospect of waiting another endless years for MORE... well, and then there's need for discussion...

How are you going to watch the other episodes? Will you all have seen them until the meeting?

How far is Ratingen from Düsseldorf main station?

Also, thank you gently69 for inquiering about the hotel, I hope they answer soon!

"It is what it is."

December 8, 2013 8:31 am  #669

After coming home way too late from Frankenstein, I'm honestly considering NOT driving home after watching the episode with you, but stay at the hotel for one night.

I need to figure it out with my boss first, of course, but @gently69, is it too late to say that I maybe need a place to sleep at the hotel?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 8, 2013 11:35 am  #670

Ladies, I have the answer. BBC ONE London. Let's go? YES! How many rooms do we need then? I won't return home until the evening. And writing on my small mobile is difficult. But I'd like to ask the hotel if they have enough rooms and would announce bookings. What do you think? I'm totally excited. And who likes to share a room with me? IMO I'm easy going. (like Mr. Cumberbatch) 

Last edited by gently69 (December 8, 2013 11:57 am)

(Tony Hadley)

December 8, 2013 11:50 am  #671

I am in and willing to share the room with any lovely Sherlockian. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2013 11:55 am  #672

Same with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 8, 2013 12:18 pm  #673

Right, wrote another email asking the hotel if they have accommodation for around 10-14 people for "our date". Non binding. Yes I'm totally crazy at the moment. 

(Tony Hadley)

December 8, 2013 12:58 pm  #674

Awweeeesome. That just made my day!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

December 8, 2013 2:00 pm  #675

Right. (I'm in John-Mode. The offer of the hotel right now: 64,70€ per room including breakfast. That can change if we wait to long. Depends on demand. As I asked for a group discount, I would send them the number of guests and your names, if you trust me... and I can trust you. . And I need your email addresses to send you the confirmation of the hotel. Do you think you can decide until Tuesday for example?

(Tony Hadley)

December 8, 2013 2:17 pm  #676

Tuesday sounds perfect!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 8, 2013 3:14 pm  #677

Yes, Tuesday's good. What time will be your deadline, then?
(Thanks again for the legwork!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 8, 2013 5:41 pm  #678

I'm at home again, sitting at my computer... so easier to write now.

Whisky wrote:

How are you going to watch the other episodes? Will you all have seen them until the meeting?

I hope so. I'm going to try it via internet. Meanwhile my husband is talking about the possibility to upgrade our satellite dish but I'm not sure if it will work and, much more important, be in time.

Whisky wrote:

How far is Ratingen from Düsseldorf main station?

Haven't got a clue. Also use public transport. Have to check too.

Whisky wrote:

Also, thank you gently69 for inquiering about the hotel, I hope they answer soon!

No problem at all. I really WANT that, do you see?

Deadline? Actually I don't have one from the hotel. They just wrote that price and availability depend on demand... so... that's my personal deadline.
Just let me know in the afternoon at the latest.

(Tony Hadley)

December 8, 2013 6:42 pm  #679

I am afraid I have to cancel. I just learned that I write an exam the next day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

December 8, 2013 7:24 pm  #680

Oh shit. 

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera