BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2013 8:05 pm  #381

Re: Germany board meet up

Mail addresses by PM please! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 23, 2013 12:21 pm  #382

From your posts I deduced that none of you were anxious about being exposed to the public without being made recognizable by smiley faces.
So - here are three blurry sofa pics. Please don't blame me for the bad quality. My photographic skills are even worse than my English. Note the yellow sheet in front of the window. It was my poor attempt to make the room a little darker as I hadn't expected the sun to shine that afternoon...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 23, 2013 12:31 pm  #383

Lovely, thank you for posting. I don't like the way I look, but then I barely ever do, so what! (In case anyone's wondering, I'm the one in stripes with black stockings )

Judging from our faces, the last one should show us watching Reichenbach. Not the Jeremy Bratt version, though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 23, 2013 12:43 pm  #384

No, we watched Reichenbach when it was already dark, remember? These pics were clearly taken during PINK. And we watched Mr Brett's dramatic fall on my laptop the day after.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 23, 2013 12:53 pm  #385

Right. OMG, if we all looked like that during PINK, how must we have looked during Reichenbach?

BTW, Mr Brett's fall was dramatic indeed. And it delivered a wonderful insight into Watson's soul. How touching that he could only imagine his friend fall to his death with strings attached to the back...

Edit: Erased humiliating spelling mistake. Thank you, Davina.

Last edited by Schmiezi (April 23, 2013 1:08 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 23, 2013 1:01 pm  #386

Oh you mean Brett, Schmiezi  A brat is something else entirely  . German handwriting Tobe I love the way you write your rs.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 23, 2013 1:12 pm  #387

Yes, it definetely wasn't Reichenbach - I am not crying in these photos (Schmiezi had to comfort me later on).  ;-)
I had hoped Sherlock would not jump this time.  I was deeply devastated when he did.

Last edited by Lily (April 23, 2013 1:29 pm)

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

April 23, 2013 1:17 pm  #388

Lily wrote:

Yes, it definetely wasn't Reichenbach - I am not crying on these photos (Schmiezi had to comfort me later on). ;-)

You're welcome!

April 23, 2013 1:19 pm  #389

I look quite bored - I guess it is just my face. My mother keeps telling me not "making that face again" and I could look into a mirror and just see: my face. Sounds familiar to anyone? 

I think these are just our scientific faces, as we were working really, really hard that weekend!!

April 23, 2013 6:25 pm  #390

Yes, it was just work, no fun. Did I tell you I love the Reichenbach scene with Brett? It's heartbreaking. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 23, 2013 6:37 pm  #391

Oh, do not remind me of the Brett version - it's just a bit too dramatic for me. 

Yes, it's clearly ASiP. During Reichenbach I sobbed into my tiger pillow. (If someone's interested, I'm the long-haired blonde in the middle). So, thanks for uploading these photographs, tobe!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 23, 2013 6:43 pm  #392

The Brett version nearly killed me. Far better than TRF and A Game of Shadows. At least I didn't have to cry. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 23, 2013 6:54 pm  #393

But Susi, all the feels!  Holmes and Moriarty fighting - so exciting!

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 23, 2013 6:57 pm  #394

And poor Watson was so devastated...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 23, 2013 7:10 pm  #395

Tobe, did you actually show us the Brett version only to ease our departure? 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 23, 2013 7:11 pm  #396

O god, I just saw the photos without the smilies (thanks, Mattlocked!) and we all look so serious.
We had a wonderful time, don't believe our facial expressions!

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

April 23, 2013 7:14 pm  #397

Exactly. The expressions are just because of the scientific research we were doing. And because of Brett's Reichenbach that was so heartbreaking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 23, 2013 7:38 pm  #398

Mary Me wrote:

But Susi, all the feels!  Holmes and Moriarty fighting - so exciting!

I nearly had a heart attack - from laughing. 

April 23, 2013 7:51 pm  #399

All this talking about Brett - I think I have to watch it again.
Do you think I find a snippet on youtube?

Lily, some of my pictures were from the very beginning, everyone was a bit nervous, I guess.
And the other pics I made while the Brett performance. So, so, so sad.................

April 23, 2013 7:53 pm  #400

Oh, new signature. No, I had no idea you love Moriarty. 

Board footera