BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2012 12:19 pm  #1

Sponsor Benedict in charity bike ride

On 14 October Benedict will ride 45 miles in the Palace to Palace Race 2012 from Buckingham Palace to Windsor Castle in aid of the Prince's Trust. Anybody wishing to sponsor his team can follow this link:

http://my.artezglobal.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=407980&langPref=en-CA

Last edited by SusiGo (September 25, 2012 12:56 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 25, 2012 12:51 pm  #2

Re: Sponsor Benedict in charity bike ride

Just been on the site and have sponsored him. The Prince's Trust is a thoroughly worthwhile cause.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 25, 2012 6:59 pm  #3

I've donated - thanks for posting

Their goal was only £45? They passed that by a bit haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 25, 2012 7:02 pm  #4

I couldn't actually believe they put £45 as their goal. I thought it might be a typo. Yes, and thanks for posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 25, 2012 7:45 pm  #5

I think it is a sort of minimum every team has to raise. It says so on the right side of the page:

http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/support_us/events/palace_to_palace/palace_to_palace_london_2012.aspx

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 25, 2012 7:57 pm  #6

Gotcha, didn't see that.

September 28, 2012 6:57 pm  #7

Benedict has raised his target to £ 10,000 and has reached 34% so far. Let's hope for the best. 

October 9, 2012 6:08 am  #8

When I switched in my computer this morning I had an e-mail from Benedict. No kidding. Of course I'm not the only one but I'd like to share it with you as it is so nice and funny:

I am stunned!! I can't thank you enough for your generosity. In addition to the brilliant online donations those of you at the festival who contributed a donation added another £1,406.24. I can't thank you enough each and every one of you. I could do another 45 miles with all this support. Thank you. I'm deeply touched. It's an amazing thing we are doing and at risk of sounding cheeky... PASS IT ON!! Let more people know about the charity, (go to http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/) and what I'm doing to try and raise money and pass them the links to this page to donate. It would be great to reach the target. I'm donating the fee I got for Cheltenham and that'll help but take a look at this charity and you'll see why it deserves all we can give it. http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/
You have been so generous with your pockets, now be generous with a bit more of your time and I promise you it will be worth it. If we go over the target in the next two days I will, tart that i am, share some photos with you of me in training in my fetching cycling gear!
But seriously... I want to try and raise as much as possible. We really are making a difference. Massive thanks and love to you all. Benedict x

October 9, 2012 7:27 am  #9

It's lovely isn't it. What a nice surprise it was for that to be sitting in my e.mail folder this morning. Love the idea of him in the fetching cycling gear (very Bradley Wiggins). Tart! 

October 9, 2012 8:12 am  #10

Davina wrote:

It's lovely isn't it. What a nice surprise it was for that to be sitting in my e.mail folder this morning. Love the idea of him in the fetching cycling gear (very Bradley Wiggins). Tart! 

Yes, it made my day. His team's far over 11,000 so we shouldn't have to wait long for the pics. 

October 9, 2012 11:26 am  #11

SusiGo wrote:

Davina wrote:

Yes, it made my day. His team's far over 11,000 so we shouldn't have to wait long for the pics. 

I bet.  But just to be on the safe side I made another donation today. As they say "better safe than sorry".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

October 9, 2012 11:32 am  #12

13,116.40 pounds so far.  That's wonderful.

October 9, 2012 1:13 pm  #13

Benedict's individual total has reached its target. Roll on LycraBatch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

October 9, 2012 1:19 pm  #14

Target reached! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

October 9, 2012 1:22 pm  #15

hepzibah wrote:

Benedict's individual total has reached its target. Roll on LycraBatch

October 9, 2012 1:25 pm  #16

I wonder what he would do if we raised 20,000 quid? A girl can dream, can't she?  (my computer doesn't have a pounds sign, ahh)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

October 9, 2012 1:31 pm  #17

Shall we give it a try, hep? *Counting money*

October 9, 2012 4:30 pm  #18

I just did my best.
Funny: before donating I was reading a bit the names "My Donors". And started wondering: Who the f... is this "Anon"? Meanwhile I've got it. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 9, 2012 4:59 pm  #19

Must be a very rich person.

October 9, 2012 10:08 pm  #20

I got the email too! I'm keeping it, never deleting hehe.

He better keep his promise and post some pics

hepzibah wrote:

I wonder what he would do if we raised 20,000 quid? A girl can dream, can't she?  (my computer doesn't have a pounds sign, ahh)

I know, right? Video diary of his preparation and the actual marathon would be cool.

Board footera