BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2012 5:16 pm  #161

Re: Count to 1895

Ok. ACD turned 153 this year. It is also the code for 'mental processes and intelligence' in the Dewey Decimal System.

Last edited by Davina (November 15, 2012 5:19 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 16, 2012 1:24 pm  #162

The Sun follows a 154-day periodicity (is this even a word?) on gamma-ray flares. Sherlock would not be impressed I am sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 16, 2012 1:27 pm  #163

In the year 155 AD the Romans began to abandon Hadrian's wall (so at least it's about Britain).

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2012 3:09 pm  #164

There's a dentist named Jeanne Moriarty at 156 Ramapo Valley Road in Mahwah, NJ. Sorry, but "Mahwah" sounds a lot like an evil laugh, and on the website where I found this, there's a comment that says, "Be the first to share your experience about Dr. Moriarty." 

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

November 16, 2012 6:42 pm  #165

That's brilliant Tantalus! Mwahahah!  Toothy smile.

November 16, 2012 10:16 pm  #166

I wonder what lucky person gets to clean Benedict's teeth...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 18, 2012 7:46 pm  #167

CS 157: Introduction to Logic is a course at Stanford University. It shows how to encode information in the form of logical sentences. It shows how to reason systematically with such information to produce all logical conclusions and only logical conclusions.

Sound familiar?

November 20, 2012 6:29 pm  #168

If we believe the "authorities", Sherlock Holmes, were he still alive (oh, I'm sorry, didn't you all know?), would have turned 158 years old this past January 6th.

November 22, 2012 10:15 pm  #169

There are 159 Bed and Breakfast places to stay on Dartmoor (watch out for the hounds though!)

November 23, 2012 10:17 pm  #170

Burton 160cm Sherlock Snowboard. (Thinking I should encourage my daughter to get this!!)   

November 27, 2012 1:38 pm  #171

Violin Concerto No.1 Opus 161 by Joachim Raff.

November 27, 2012 8:32 pm  #172

162...is a surprising elusive number.

However, 162 Gloucester Place in Central London advertises itself as being an apartment complex within walking distance of the Sherlock Holmes museum. Who knew?

November 27, 2012 8:45 pm  #173

163: How about buying the Burton Sherlock 163 2012 snowboard for your next winter holiday?

Last edited by SusiGo (November 27, 2012 8:45 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 3, 2012 10:07 pm  #174

164. There is a property for sale at 12 Mycroft Road Swindon, worth £164,000.

December 5, 2012 10:55 pm  #175

165 is palindromic when written in base 2 or binary. 10100101
Pretty isn't it.

December 8, 2012 11:14 pm  #176

PBS  America shows on Sky UK channel 166. PBS airs Sherlock in the USA.

December 9, 2012 10:16 am  #177

167 Sherlock Holmes artworks ("Illustrationen")  to find here:

http://www.fotosearch.de/illustrationen/sherlock-holmes.html

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 13, 2012 9:53 am  #178

168... 4 x the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

December 14, 2012 10:42 pm  #179

Lodge 169 Thistle and Rose of the Freemasons in Ayreshire. Sir Arthur Conan was a Freemason.

December 16, 2012 12:15 am  #180

J.R. Moriarty Film and Productions Limited, film and productions studios are at 170 Brettenham Road, London E17 5AY

Board footera