BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 27, 2012 9:17 pm  #141

Re: Count to 1895

If you add up the digits, you get 8.   Which, if you draw it, is infinity.   Which, if you think about it, is about how long it seems it will take to count to 1895!

October 28, 2012 10:27 am  #142

Just imagine if each of these was a year!
Flat 135 Chiltern Court Baker Street, London is up for sale for £610,000. It has two bedrooms, a bathroom and a reception room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 29, 2012 5:11 pm  #143

Weirdly 136 Baker Street is home to a BROOK STREET employment bureau. Only Sherlock fans are likely to get this connection.

Last edited by Davina (October 29, 2012 5:12 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 29, 2012 5:16 pm  #144

137 one more prime number

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 30, 2012 6:30 pm  #145

Well Benedict did some skydiving in New Zealand recently so here's a World Record Breaking 138 skydivers from August this year. There is a video too:

www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2012/aug/04/skydivers-world-record-snowflake-video

November 1, 2012 11:16 am  #146

London Bus Route 139 serves West Hampstead (near where Benedict lives) and also Picadilly Circus, where the lad with the bomb vest strapped to him is standing when he calls Sherlock iin The Great Game.

Last edited by Davina (November 2, 2012 8:10 am)

November 1, 2012 11:42 pm  #147

Gah, I feel unknowledgeable now. All I've got is that the digits of 140 added up is the same as the digits of 221 added up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

November 2, 2012 1:47 pm  #148

141 is the number you can dial before making a call in the UK which will withhold your number. Note however that these calls can still be traced.

Last edited by Davina (November 2, 2012 1:48 pm)

November 4, 2012 10:42 am  #149

142 Adler Parade in New South Wales is up for sale.

November 4, 2012 8:28 pm  #150

143 means I love you- 1 letter in I, 4 in love, 3 in you.
See sometimes words may get in the way
Of things that you really really mean to say
So I wanna out this time to make sure that how I really feel
Gets through to you
Cause listen
There aren’t many more ways and words that I can say
So I choose to tell you how I feel in a numerical way
Got so tired of trying to find the most complicated way
To say it to you so I simplified and broke it down
To 143 – and that means I love you

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Look I'm in shock, I have a blanket.

Holmesless until 2013

November 7, 2012 7:14 pm  #151

Not the Bruce Partington Plans but the Atlantis Submarine in Barbados goes down to 144 feet.

Last edited by Davina (November 7, 2012 9:26 pm)

November 7, 2012 7:51 pm  #152

On Orson Welles Relic Radio, recording #145 is from Mercury Theatre on the Air, and is entitled, "Immortal Sherlock Holmes".

The link is here (I hope!): http://www.mixcloud.com/orsonwelles/ow145-immortal-sherlock-holmes-by-mercury-theater-on-the-air/

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

November 7, 2012 9:11 pm  #153

If you search BBC Sherlock on Etsy, you get 146 results for accessories.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 9, 2012 8:51 pm  #154

The maximum break in snooker under normal circumstances is 147.

November 10, 2012 7:30 pm  #155

Bus 148 stops at New Scotland Yard on its route.

November 11, 2012 1:39 am  #156

149 is the year   CXLIX when the common year started on a tuesday.   it was known as the Year of the Consulship according to wikipedia.   Hmmmm...I wonder if that means Consulting  (detective)?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (November 11, 2012 1:40 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 11, 2012 8:19 pm  #157

Good one Skitty! Scientists have proved that the most friendships that a human brain can cope with is 150.

November 13, 2012 7:28 pm  #158

Davina wrote:

Good one Skitty! Scientists have proved that the most friendships that a human brain can cope with is 150.

Great! I only have 148 to go... 

November 13, 2012 7:31 pm  #159

In the 1911 Gold Borders baseball card collection, card #151 is for George Moriarty.

November 15, 2012 12:51 am  #160

Last year, on May 22nd, Arthur Conan Doyle had his 152nd birthday. (next person can say he turned 153 this year!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

Board footera