BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 26, 2012 6:32 am  #21

Re: Count to 1895

21 - a Sherlock for the 21st century

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 26, 2012 7:01 am  #22

Catch 22. A paradoxical situation in which an individual cannot or is incapable of avoiding a problem because of contradictory constraints or rules. Does this sound familiar? Also a novel by Joseph Heller- later a film.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 26, 2012 11:00 am  #23

23 prime number

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 26, 2012 3:59 pm  #24

24---hmmmm  24 experiments that Sherlock is working on?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 26, 2012 4:38 pm  #25

25 Sherlock Avenue
TARNEIT VIC 3029

Hey, Aussies, look what I found!

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 26, 2012 5:50 pm  #26

Today's date and the number of letters in the English alphabet. 26.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 26, 2012 9:00 pm  #27

27 - on 27 July 2012 Benedict Cumberbatch opened the BBC coverage of the Olympics.

September 26, 2012 9:14 pm  #28

28 May 2012: TRF was on air on German tv "DasErste"

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 27, 2012 6:13 am  #29

29 is the tenth prime number.

September 27, 2012 10:47 am  #30

30:
30 St Mary Axe, visible in TBB.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 27, 2012 11:02 am  #31

31 - In issue 31 of 1959 German "Spiegel" magazine presented theories about who may have been a model for Sherlock Holmes. No, I'm not going to translate this, I guess it's been either disproved by now or common knowledge. 

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-42622115.html

September 27, 2012 11:15 am  #32

32 the age that Arthur Conan Doyle first considered bumping off Sherlock Holmes- his mother told him, 'You won't. You can't. You mustn't.'

September 27, 2012 1:50 pm  #33

33  Schnapszahl   

September 27, 2012 2:56 pm  #34

There's a German show horse called Sherlock 34 (found this after gathering some unwanted knowledge about rule 34).

September 27, 2012 3:30 pm  #35

35 - the age I'd like to have today. 

September 27, 2012 5:15 pm  #36

36 the age of someone who seems to have quite a following on this forum. Thud!

September 27, 2012 6:05 pm  #37

37----There was a book  of SH   stories published in 2001  that had 37  stories  plus a novel in it.   found this while  browsing the net.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 30, 2012 2:33 pm  #38

This has to be one of the greatest threads I've seen!

A .38 is a type of firearm cartridge and we all know how relevant guns are; there must be one in every episode...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

September 30, 2012 2:59 pm  #39

I find it even more fascinating as it started quite boring (no offense!) and the members evolved this from it..."just like that". 

39 episodes of Sherlock Holmes/ USA 1954-1955
http://www.fernsehserien.de/sherlock-holmes-1954/episodenguide/0/5568

September 30, 2012 3:44 pm  #40

I feel quite proud for having started it now 
40- the only number that has its letters in alphabetical order

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Look I'm in shock, I have a blanket.

Holmesless until 2013

Board footera