BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2012 4:02 pm  #1

Hey, newer members -- would like to hear your ideas!

Members who have been around for a while have discussed the various episodes at length. It would be nice to hear comments, questions, and theories from some of the newer members. Please don't be daunted by the vast amount of discussion already posted. Just jump right in.

September 23, 2012 8:40 pm  #2

Re: Hey, newer members -- would like to hear your ideas!

veecee wrote:

Just jump right in.

Why does this remind me of Reichenbach? Aaaargh, obsessed.

But yes, indeed, do join in!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 23, 2012 8:42 pm  #3

Boss, she said "jump in", not "jump off".

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 23, 2012 8:57 pm  #4

I know I know! It's simply the word 'jump' on its own that does it to me. I'm traumatised!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 23, 2012 9:45 pm  #5

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 23, 2012 10:02 pm  #6

Haha, thanks for that. Quite right.

September 23, 2012 10:33 pm  #7

I do feel like any ideas or thoughts I have, have probably already been discussed! I've been saying them for the most part anyway though.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 24, 2012 2:28 am  #8

I meant it woudl be nice to hear (see) people's views on the indivdual episodes. You might have a new angle or just recharge the discussion -- even if it isn't necessarily a new idea.

Boss, I'm so sorry I traumatized you.! 

September 24, 2012 8:48 am  #9

I met a friend the other day who had just seen Reichenbach for the first time.
Still not ready to talk ....  

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 25, 2012 12:14 am  #10

Harriet wrote:

I met a friend the other day who had just seen Reichenbach for the first time.
Still not ready to talk ....  

Probably not ready for Mattlock's bus photo yet, either. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 12, 2012 1:29 pm  #11

Seriously, the old members have done a commendable job!! No room left for the newcomers to ask or say anything

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

October 12, 2012 7:09 pm  #12

Always room for new ideas and opinions!

November 2, 2012 9:15 pm  #13

Thanks for putting this out there. There's already so much great stuff here, but it's nice for a newbie like me to come in and see that she can still add her two pennies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 2, 2012 9:17 pm  #14

harleyq, what a coincidence! I was just about to post on your introduction thread that I love it when new members come on and revive old threads the way you have been doing!

November 3, 2012 7:45 pm  #15

Thanks veecee! It's always a bit awkward to be the new kid in school, but I feel at home here, and it's great to find a place where I can share my thoughts with others who will understand and give me new perspective in return. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 4, 2012 3:05 am  #16

You're quite busy. It looks like youi're going through the whole forum, thread by thread. I applaud your diligence!

November 4, 2012 3:13 pm  #17

Thanks! There's so much here and I'm having a lot of fun going through it. Hope I don't annoy too many folks with all the posting though.  Believe me, I am trying to limit myself to only the things that I feel I can add something to or the ones I just can't resist. 

November 4, 2012 3:18 pm  #18

I did exactly the same thing and assumed all other new members would, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 4, 2012 8:49 pm  #19

harleyq wrote:

Thanks! There's so much here and I'm having a lot of fun going through it. Hope I don't annoy too many folks with all the posting though.  Believe me, I am trying to limit myself to only the things that I feel I can add something to or the ones I just can't resist. 

Look, you'e already up to "Lestrade's Aide."

November 4, 2012 8:50 pm  #20

besleybean wrote:

I did exactly the same thing and assumed all other new members would, too.

Seems like some do and some don't. I do believe you were one of the very active new members, too. And still are active.

Board footera