BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2012 2:36 pm  #1

Sherlock Holmes (Downey-Law) movie poll...

Just for the record, I couldn't get through the first half hour of the first one.

How many like the Sherlock Holmes movies with Downey and Law?

The game is afoot!

September 22, 2012 7:52 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Holmes (Downey-Law) movie poll...

I thought the first one was OK. Couldn't get through the second one -- it was all bang and pow and kaboom. No character development.
So where would that put my vote?

September 23, 2012 1:03 am  #3

veecee wrote:

I thought the first one was OK. Couldn't get through the second one -- it was all bang and pow and kaboom. No character development.
So where would that put my vote?

As a whole, what is your choice, given your feeling of the films collectively?

The game is afoot!

September 23, 2012 6:48 pm  #4

Carter,
You haven't introduced yourself in" Introductions, please," so I'll ask you here if you are an Edgar Rice Burroughs fan. Have you read the John Carter series? I read it ages ago and just re-read the first one a couple of years ago. When the movie came out earlier this year, my husband thought I was crazy going around singing "John Carter of Mars." But then the movie got terrible reveiws and only came out in 3-D, which I don't care for, so I'm going to wait to watch it on Netlfix. That's my long explanation...what's yours? Did you see the movie?

September 27, 2012 8:39 pm  #5

I went for "I think they're great", but then, I genuinely think most things are great. I would make a really terrible critic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 29, 2012 3:48 am  #6

I think they are great. Very entertaining, especially the first one, and that's why I see movies: to be entertained. The chemistry between RDJ and JL is terrific.

These movies are the whole reason I got into Sherlock Holmes at all; I knew barely a thing about SH until I saw the first flick, then I went out and bought the complete Sherlock Holmes works, which I am still a few stories short of finishing (nearly 3 years later, lol! Had other reading distracting me in the meantime). So yeah, I am a fan.

September 29, 2012 11:02 am  #7

Well Sariele, if these films brought you to Sherlockiana then they're good for something.  ;)

The game is afoot!

Board footera