BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2012 12:39 pm  #1

Sherlie in a bar brawl

I am now in favour of Wedding being based on The Solitary Cyclist just because I want to see our boys kick some arse down the pub. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 22, 2012 3:24 pm  #2

Re: Sherlie in a bar brawl

Oh yes please!
That would make for a hilarious scene.

September 22, 2012 5:41 pm  #3

There will be if you don't stop calling him Sherlie! (Cue the late, great Leslie Nielsen).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2012 12:21 am  #4

Davina wrote:

There will be if you don't stop calling him Sherlie! (Cue the late, great Leslie Nielsen).

Ah, Leslie, RIP!
John got away with calling him 'Sherl' at their Xmas drinks thingie in ASiB, so I thought I might try slipping a 'Sherlie' in there...OTOH, that might be exactly how to start a dust up in the pub with him!

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 23, 2012 1:49 am  #5

Haha!  My husband and I were talking tonight about names for our future children... I (mostly jokingly) mentioned Shirley (for a girl, in honor of Sherlock) and he said, "Hell, why don't we just name our kid Sherlock?!"  I said, "Or Benedict, I mean that's a pretty awesome name."  Surprisingly, my husband agreed with me!  He said if I wasn't so obsessed with BC he might consider naming our kid Benedict if we had a boy.

Anyway, I would love to see them kick some arse in the bar!  And I would love to see someone call him Sherlie on the show...

September 23, 2012 11:38 am  #6

sherlockedkt wrote:

Haha!  My husband and I were talking tonight about names for our future children... I (mostly jokingly) mentioned Shirley (for a girl, in honor of Sherlock) and he said, "Hell, why don't we just name our kid Sherlock?!"  I said, "Or Benedict, I mean that's a pretty awesome name."  Surprisingly, my husband agreed with me!  He said if I wasn't so obsessed with BC he might consider naming our kid Benedict if we had a boy.

Anyway, I would love to see them kick some arse in the bar!  And I would love to see someone call him Sherlie on the show...

You could always fall back on Timothy, or Carlton...no, nevermind, middle names aren't the same somehow. 
The funniest thing in the story is how hyped up he is after the fight; he comes back to 221B on an absolute adrenaline high, telling Watson how much fun it was and you-should-see-the-other-guy. I can see our Sherlock being that pleased with himself if someone took a swing at him and he, Sherlock, pounded the bloke into the floor.

Last edited by NW16XE (September 23, 2012 11:42 am)

September 23, 2012 3:08 pm  #7

sherlockedkt wrote:

My husband and I were talking tonight about names for our future children... I (mostly jokingly) mentioned Shirley (for a girl, in honor of Sherlock)

Nothing wrong with that name!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

September 23, 2012 3:24 pm  #8

Wasn't Shirley a British name for men as well as women in times past? I don't think I've ever heard it for a man here (in the US).
I heard Beverly for a man once, and Leslie crops up now and then - back to Leslie Nielson in Airplane!.

As for today's children -- anything goes, it seems.

September 23, 2012 5:35 pm  #9

Oh my God, yes, it's one of my favourite scenes in the canon, and my favourite scene in the Jeremy Brett versions too and I would absolutely adore watching our boys do this. I love the fight scenes, Sherlock's so awesome at hand to hand combat. He inspired me to take up boxing and judo which I now really enjoy.   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 23, 2012 6:38 pm  #10

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh my God, yes, it's one of my favourite scenes in the canon, and my favourite scene in the Jeremy Brett versions too and I would absolutely adore watching our boys do this. I love the fight scenes, Sherlock's so awesome at hand to hand combat. He inspired me to take up boxing and judo which I now really enjoy.   

Really? Boxing?

Last edited by veecee (September 23, 2012 6:38 pm)

Board footera