BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2012 3:45 pm  #1

Tea

What is your favorite tea flavor?

puzzle: 10 B

March 1, 2012 4:44 pm  #2

Re: Tea

Just ordinary tea suits me fine. Don't really like any of them weird flavours like lemon and stuff. How about you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 1, 2012 7:45 pm  #3

There's a whole range of Sherlock teas available, apparently. Personally I tend to drink more coffee but I like Earl Grey and breakfast tea. Rarely make it using a tea pot though, only on special occasions!

Has anyone ever seen the Japanese tea ceremony in real life?

Tea definitely has a big role to play in Sherlock. Mrs. Hudson is always offering to make a cup. In the Blind Banker there was all about the making of tea and how the tea itself is used to get a lustre to the outside of the tea pot. Then there is the scene between Sherlock and Moriarty in the flat in The Reichenbach Fall, where Sherlock anticipates Moriarty's arrival by making a pot of tea and their whole verbal duel is carried out over a nice cuppa.

Cuppa tea anyone?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 1, 2012 10:56 pm  #4

Earl Grey and Ginger Lemon for me.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 2, 2012 12:11 am  #5

And they never have any milk!

Sherlock teas...I'm gonna have to research that....

March 2, 2012 4:42 am  #6

That's 'cos they're boys sharing a flat and clearly Sherlock never does the shopping. Not exactly his sort of thing is it. You can just imagine what he would be like at the checkout! Then he makes tea, uses up all the milk and waits for John's return-from Dublin or somewhere-and gets him to go out and buy more. Maybe that's why Sherlock drinks coffee black with 2 sugars.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 3, 2012 9:15 pm  #7

my fav tea is Chai(Indian White tea),Taiga(Russian Black tea) and the celebrationtea dedicated to Kate and William(Royal wedding)

March 3, 2012 9:16 pm  #8

Post scriptum: WITH MILK AND BROWN SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!

March 4, 2012 10:21 pm  #9

The next questions would be: bags or loose leaf? Mug or cup?

March 28, 2012 8:27 pm  #10

i prefer loose leaves but i make with bags to dry and collect them(it looks like dried fruit/leaves)

March 28, 2012 10:36 pm  #11

My Fav Black Tea
My Fav Green Tea

I prefer to make loose leaf tea in pots but I'll drink black tea bags if I haven't time/facilities to make proper tea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 29, 2012 2:02 pm  #12

Too many teas to say I've got a favourite.

For green tea it's West Lake Dragon Well and for black (Or pu'er) I'd say Keemun.

As for chai, mate, oolong, white, leaf, root, flower, fruit and all others I'd say everything except for lapsang souchong (I just don't like it).

I was lucky enough to have a Japanese flatmate for a while when I was younger - I got the tea ceremony from him once. He admitted that it takes a lifetime to master and that he was still a novice, I can't say I could notice because I'm not too clued into Japanese culture but it was very nice of him to do.

It's been a fair voyage since me first cuppa Tetley, still plenty more types to try yet too.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 29, 2012 3:05 pm  #13

Don't.ike lapsang souchong either, tastes like its been made over a smokey campfire to me! 

Only thing with green teas, I like the fruity kinds, is that they really, really stain your teeth! 

March 29, 2012 3:06 pm  #14

Actually that gives me an idea! I'm just off to make a cuppa! PG Tips for me.

March 29, 2012 9:14 pm  #15

I don't like weird tea...just ordinary tea will do me fine.

April 15, 2012 1:14 pm  #16

I saw a girl wearing a Moriar Tea shirt a few weeks ago, made me snicker...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

May 30, 2012 3:24 pm  #17

Copied from elsewhere, this post seems better to belong here:

My favorite is Earl Grey, steeped for exactly 5 minutes, but it must be from London. My 8-year-old son and I drink it sweetened with honey. Makes for a great bonding time for us--one of the simple yet profound pleasures of life.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 30, 2012 6:07 pm  #18

I love Earl Grey tea. The Earl had good taste didn't he!
Welcome to the dusty attic of the forum! Lol

May 31, 2012 9:27 am  #19

I went to a tea cafe a while ago that didn't serve coffee at all, so I had hot chocolate with chilli, yum, yum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

October 31, 2012 1:33 am  #20

I  love Earl Grey  and Plantation Mint.   I  live in America.  I'll also get the Sleepy time tea brands...I  love  Orange Spice.   Don't care for cranberry.   There's this green tea, flavored with cranberry.  I  tried it....Did not care for it.   
I  love the green tea that they serve at my  favorite chinese restaurant,  so  I  get a box  of it now and then.   TEA  bags  are my thing,  but I don't leave mine in the cup.   I  take it out and re-use it later.  As long as it's Herbal tea or decaf,  I'm fine.   

I'm  off now,  to have a proper cup of tea.   Now,  if only  I had a proper cup.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera