BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2012 10:50 am  #1

A 3rd Sherlock Holmes Movie

Jude Law hopes there will be a third Sherlock Holmes movie made.

www.denofgeek.com/movies/sherlock-holmes/22701/jude-law-on-sherlock-holmes-3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 18, 2012 10:53 am  #2

Re: A 3rd Sherlock Holmes Movie

So do I. Just for the fun of it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 19, 2012 8:42 pm  #3

Doesn't there have to be a third one anyway, seeing as Sherlock is still "dead"...he needs to make his triumphant return to Watson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 19, 2012 8:56 pm  #4

We need to see the reunion although there isn't such a dramatic cliffhanger. We know that Sherlock survived and Watson knows it, too. A bit of a shame really but I suppose they weren't sure if there would be a third movie.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 22, 2012 12:58 pm  #5

Considering the second movie somewhat followed Reichenbach Falls, it was obvious that Sherlock was still alive and the last scene suggests that Watson has some idea that he is alive as well. It would be interesting to see how Guy Ritchie handles the Sherlock/Watson reunion and what story they decide to use if there is a third movie. I love these movies so I would go watch it!

October 30, 2012 6:21 am  #6

they'd better make one!   I  wanna see it.   But the BBC  has to do theirs first.  Otherwise it'll just be a copycat thing.   I've enjoyed the first two movies.  (see my review in the other thread)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

October 30, 2012 7:15 am  #7

The first one will be shown on German TV (Pro 7) next sunday. Think I'm gona watch it.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 30, 2012 7:43 am  #8

I read somewhere that the 3rd film will be set in the US. They said RDJ doesn't want to go abroad for so long as he has a very young child.

October 30, 2012 7:54 am  #9

Jonny and he are a right pair!
I haven't even see the other two!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 30, 2012 8:01 am  #10

besleybean wrote:

Jonny and he are a right pair!
I haven't even see the other two!

Sorry, I don't understand this. Which Jonny do you mean? And there are only two films so far. 

October 30, 2012 8:07 am  #11

She means Jonny Lee Miller. His little boy is only about 3 years old.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 30, 2012 8:13 am  #12

Ah, thanks for the explanation. 

November 5, 2012 10:12 pm  #13

I know he typed a '?' at the end of Watson's "blog", but that doesn't mean Watson will definitely know he's still alive...he might just be a bit dim and think that he must have accidentally hit the '?' button himself, or he might not even notice it...we know he can be rather unobservant at times...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 5, 2012 10:16 pm  #14

But Watson received the package with the breathing device that Sherlock saw at Mycroft's before running out of his study. I think he may have deduced what Sherlock was up to. 

Board footera