BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2014 5:38 pm  #161

Re: The Hobbit

Indeed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 5, 2014 5:45 pm  #162

I personally like having three movies. Bring on the next one!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 5, 2014 9:29 pm  #163

I was initially sceptical about the division of the book into three long movies, but when I saw the result, I was enchanted by Peter Jackson´s Middle-earth all over again and I too couldn´t get enough of it. So, yes, bring it on! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 5, 2014 10:43 pm  #164

Even though it'll break our hearts 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 7, 2014 1:40 pm  #165

Spoiler alert!!!!

Thorin and Bilbo's final scene has been described as "heartbreaking" by someone who went to an advanced screening 

December 7, 2014 4:49 pm  #166

Just found this gif from the world premiere...family feels!

December 7, 2014 7:43 pm  #167

Wonderful cast in their full glory! 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 7, 2014 8:39 pm  #168

Thorin and Bilbo's relationship was described in a review as the heart of the movie 

December 7, 2014 8:42 pm  #169

Oh! Just found a new image on Facebook!!!

December 8, 2014 3:47 pm  #170

nakahara wrote:

OK, this is a bit sadistic, but funny anyway:

Haha :-) that's perfect!! :-)
I saw the trailer in cinema now, and I'm still not very interested in watching the film. What am I doing wrong... I would be happier if Martin wasn't in it (oh I know that sounds wrong). But then it would be so much easier just to ignore and not watch it, because he *IS* brilliant as hobbit. Hmmmph.

Last edited by Whisky (December 8, 2014 4:16 pm)

"It is what it is."

December 9, 2014 12:17 am  #171

Just found this beauty on Tumblr:

Look carefully! He's holding the mithril shirt and he's gonna give it to Bilbo and I'm gonna die of feels!!!!

December 9, 2014 7:35 am  #172

Stunning photo!

December 9, 2014 12:24 pm  #173

With a subject like that, how could it not be? 

December 9, 2014 12:49 pm  #174

He is one damn fine Dwarf.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 9, 2014 1:32 pm  #175

Oh, I agree! And it runs in the family *looks at Fili and Kili* 

December 9, 2014 2:49 pm  #176

I can't stop giggling XD

December 9, 2014 7:13 pm  #177

Talking about intensity and incredible faces…..  (and yes, Thorin, you're incredibly dashing…)

Awww… and this is awesome!  Ben signing an amazing mask a fan made…

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 9, 2014 8:24 pm  #178

Awwww 

December 9, 2014 10:07 pm  #179

The posters are gorgeous! Today going home from work I passed the train station and they had Gandalf and Galadriel there... I actually took a pause to admire them. 

I am going to see the film tomorrow, I'll be going straight after work with a flock of friends who are perhaps bigger Tolkien fans than me... I am so excited!!

The LOTR films meant so much to me as a young teen... they were my safe place. When the Hobbit first came out I was so, so excited and I am too this time!

Though I migth shed a lot of tears tomorrow... it feels like the end of an era to me... 

Sadly I think the people who ordered the tickets got tickets for the 3D version... I am not too much of a fan of 3D... and what's worse my best friend is blind on one eye and won't be able to watch it. 
On the bright side... I might just be 'forced' to go see it again with her in 2D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 9, 2014 10:09 pm  #180

Sounds good, have fun and report back, phantom

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera