BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2014 7:23 pm  #221

Re: The Hobbit

Probably due to pacing, is my guess.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 15, 2014 7:52 pm  #222

I think the general rule, as far as the studio is concerned for pacing, is that if it doesn't advance the plot it can be cut. But that's why we have Extended Editions ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 15, 2014 8:18 pm  #223

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 15, 2014 8:22 pm  #224

OMG, that last picture there - that kills me! That was the one that did me in at the theatre too.

Last edited by Vhanja (December 15, 2014 8:23 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 15, 2014 8:26 pm  #225

Yep, seeing Bilbo cry like that got me going. And there was a bit at the end, which isn't in those gifs, where he makes some kind of whining sound and hunches over. That really hurt 

December 15, 2014 8:27 pm  #226

I was lost at that time. It actually hurt watching it. 

Team Hudders!

December 15, 2014 8:33 pm  #227

You can feel his pain, poor little Hobbit 

December 15, 2014 8:47 pm  #228

I don't know if I'm quite ready to see it again .

December 15, 2014 8:54 pm  #229

Me neither, but I'm already booked for Wednesday. Seen it twice already...still hurts.

December 15, 2014 9:09 pm  #230

Are you going to see it in 3D?  I saw the last two in 3D, but saw this one in 2D and much preferred it.  I found the 3D distracting.  But at the same time, I worry that I'm missing out on the full experience.

December 15, 2014 9:49 pm  #231

First two viewings were in 3D and HFR, booked it again for this one. Mainly for the experience, since I'll be buying the 2D when it comes out on Blu ray.

December 15, 2014 9:55 pm  #232

I see it in 3D tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 15, 2014 9:58 pm  #233

I think I'll go back and see it in 3D over Christmas, if I can. 

December 15, 2014 10:07 pm  #234

Another thing I loved; Bard's relationship with his kids. Very sweet to see that ^^

December 15, 2014 10:16 pm  #235

It was lovely, but I felt that they maybe didn't dwell enough on the fate of the Laketown people.  Smaug's attack was horrific, and I kept worrying about what happened to the people with terrible burns and injuries.  I suppose at least they had the lake to jump into.  We saw some people being dragged out ... I suppose the full horror of it would not be suitable for a children's story!

December 15, 2014 10:38 pm  #236

Looking forward to the funeral in the Extended Edition...but it'll give us even more feels  I can just picture Bilbo's face...

December 16, 2014 1:33 pm  #237

Found this on tumblr. No idea what video it's from but I like it XD

December 16, 2014 1:48 pm  #238

Aw, that's the cutest! 

Team Hudders!

December 16, 2014 2:57 pm  #239

Beautiful moment!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 16, 2014 3:23 pm  #240

For some reason, I really get a kick out of seeing those two together on the Hobbit set. I remember the photo of them last year during pickups, that Peter Jackson posted on Facebook. I like it because they already have the connection through Sherlock, and it's kinda cool to see them on another set together ^^

Board footera