BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 20, 2012 8:11 pm  #61

Re: London trip 2013

Oh boy - I'm there from March 22 - March 27 too!  This could turn into a big deal meet-up!  Flash mob at Speedy's anyone! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 20, 2012 8:12 pm  #62

That's great, KP! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 20, 2012 8:15 pm  #63

KeepersPrice wrote:

Flash mob at Speedy's anyone! 

Yeah - Vatican Cameos!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 21, 2012 8:12 pm  #64

Wish you all a nice, pleasant meet-up!   

Tout peut arriver dans la vie, et surtout rien.

November 21, 2012 8:16 pm  #65

Thank you so much. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2012 8:31 pm  #66

Should we do vatican cameos for identification when we are in North Gower Street or in front of St Barts?

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 21, 2012 9:02 pm  #67

You'll have take pictures for us who are boring and cannot come.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 21, 2012 10:23 pm  #68

Depends if it is raining (likely) or not. If raining then inside somewhere!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 21, 2012 10:27 pm  #69

Tsss... inside......

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 22, 2012 3:15 am  #70

Woo Hoo!  I just booked my flight finally on British Air and I have a room booked in the Belgravia area at the B&B Belgravia.  (Yup, me and Irene Adler - two of a kind ). I'll be there Friday March 22 through Wednesday March 27.

The trip, Mrs. Hudson, is on!!

For those of us who will be in London on those dates - we must meet at North Gower for sure.  What a hoot that will be if we can make it work! Ivy, you and your friend seem to have a very busy schedule,  so maybe you could name a day and time and the rest of us can try to accomodate to that (?).  Right now, I have no definitive plans other than just soaking in the sites and the atmosphere and going where ever Tobe says I should go.

November 22, 2012 3:39 am  #71

These things are on my "Must Do When in London" list:

North Gower Street and Speedy's
St. Barts
Baker Street
A free concert at St. Martin's in the Field
Eat fish and chips
BBC Studio tour
A proper English tea
A theatre production in the West End
St. Paul's Cathedral and bust of T.E.Lawrence
Experience a good pub
The Eye
Catch a glimpse of Ben and/or Martin

There will be many more added, I just don't know what they are yet.

November 22, 2012 6:58 am  #72

Most of those I haven't done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 22, 2012 7:23 am  #73

KeepersPrice wrote:

These things are on my "Must Do When in London" list:

North Gower Street and Speedy's
St. Barts
Baker Street
A free concert at St. Martin's in the Field
Eat fish and chips
BBC Studio tour
A proper English tea
A theatre production in the West End
St. Paul's Cathedral and bust of T.E.Lawrence
Experience a good pub
The Eye
Catch a glimpse of Ben and/or Martin

There will be many more added, I just don't know what they are yet.

Now that's a nice and comprehensive programme. I've done most of these things over the years but never within a few days. Good luck. Especially with the last one. 
But visiting the T.E. Lawrence bust isn't so bad either.

November 22, 2012 8:06 am  #74

Did you already have lunch at St. Martin's? Very nice and affordable place to be, plus the money goes to their homeless project.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 22, 2012 8:27 am  #75

No, I just had a look at the stalls around the church. Thanks for the hint. And I've got some Academy recordings at home. 

November 22, 2012 8:41 am  #76

Harriet wrote:

Did you already have lunch at St. Martin's? Very nice and affordable place to be, plus the money goes to their homeless project.

Oh yes I saw that on TV, I'll definitely try to have lunch there. It is called "Cafe in the Crypt," if anyone else is interested.

@Keepers Price: we do indeed have a tight schedule. We'll plan our days, or what we'd like to see when, shortly before our flight or maybe not until we're on the plane. So I cannot say anything at the moment.

Last edited by Ivy (November 22, 2012 9:20 am)

----------

November 22, 2012 4:42 pm  #77

I've just lunched in the cafe!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 22, 2012 6:26 pm  #78

besleybean wrote:

I've just lunched in the cafe!

What did you have? Any recommendations?

----------

November 22, 2012 7:27 pm  #79

They have cafeteria buffet style, all kinds of hot and cold food, also lots of vegetarian options, salads, cake, soups
a friend of mine could on her request have only carrots with potatoes and butter, a friendly place that was 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 22, 2012 7:35 pm  #80

This is from my last visit. It was just tea for me then, thanks.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera