BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2012 7:39 am  #1

The sexiest dog food ad ever

Last edited by SusiGo (September 14, 2012 7:39 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 14, 2012 8:15 am  #2

Re: The sexiest dog food ad ever

Took me a minute.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 14, 2012 11:09 am  #3

Might just have to get this for the doggies now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 14, 2012 11:28 am  #4

Awesome!  Wish we had that commercial in the US.  I'd love to be surprised by that voice sometime...

September 14, 2012 11:31 am  #5

In German ads they never use such erotic voices. But then I'm not sure if any German actor has a voice like his. Britta, Tobe, Ivy, know anyone?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 14, 2012 1:52 pm  #6

Actually I don't remember ANY German actor right now...  lol

I knew that the speciality of this ad must be in the sound as I watched it the first time today in my office without speakers. And couldn't find any "sexy" in it... 

Edit: wait, wait... of course: Otto Sander!

My sister loves him. She sent him a letter years ago and got an answer. Boy, she was happy! 

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 14, 2012 1:58 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 14, 2012 1:54 pm  #7

Are there any German actors at all?? Can't remember them. They must be so boring (poor guys). 

September 14, 2012 1:59 pm  #8

Just edited my latest post. 

September 14, 2012 2:10 pm  #9

I agree. Not bad. Then I'll go for Sebastian Koch (and he's quite nice to look at as well). Saw him on stage twice. Wonderful actor.

September 14, 2012 3:15 pm  #10

You could claim Michael Fassbender, a bit... He's very 'popular' in this house! He's a sexy dawg!

Last edited by Davina (September 14, 2012 3:18 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 14, 2012 4:37 pm  #11

Sky du Mont? Mario Adorf?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 14, 2012 4:51 pm  #12

You mean this, tobe? 

September 14, 2012 4:54 pm  #13

Exactly, Mattlocked!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 14, 2012 5:31 pm  #14

Thanks, Mattlocked. Now the non-German members will think we've gone completely crazy. 

September 14, 2012 5:50 pm  #15

Benedict is doing Pedigree?    I should have expected this.

Now, well... I wouldn't say any of these German actors have "erotic" voices - except for Koch I find them too old to even consider their voices sexy.
But Otto Sander has a really astonishing voice. He's doing this radio advert for the new Krupp exhibition (or whatever) and I remember hearing it on radio and just stopping whatever I was doing at the moment and screaming: "Mom! Who is that? He has like the best voice ever!" (yes, and that's like 2 weeks ago or something, haha)
Sky du Mont also has a great voice. Oh no, don't mention Schuh des Manitu, all the non-Germans will think we're crazy! (as if they don't already)

*edit: Oh, SusiGo, haven't read your post yet... well, you know. great minds.. 

Last edited by Sammy (September 14, 2012 5:51 pm)

September 14, 2012 7:57 pm  #16

SusiGo wrote:

In German ads they never use such erotic voices. But then I'm not sure if any German actor has a voice like his. Britta, Tobe, Ivy, know anyone?

I feel like it's the same in America. I could be wrong; I don't watch much TV (erm, on the actual TV, that is) so I don't see many commercials. But I feel like they're always yelling, whining about something, or speaking far too quickly. It seems that, when advertisers want to convey "smooth, sophisticated, sexy," they use a voice with a non-American accent. The only example which comes to mind is Dyson, but I'm sure there are many more.

Hmmm...that probably says a lot about Americans. Whatever; I'm smooth, sophisticated, and sexy darn it!

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 14, 2012 8:23 pm  #17

Smart choice, Pedigree employees ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 14, 2012 8:27 pm  #18

Ok, ok, so back to the real sexy voices:

Not German - of course 

September 14, 2012 8:32 pm  #19

Mattlocked wrote:

Not German - of course 

Is it John Donne?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 14, 2012 8:42 pm  #20

Good old Shakespeare.

Board footera