BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2012 12:46 pm  #61

Re: Frankenstein

Here are some original photos by Andrew Crowley of Benedict and Jonny Lee Miller in Frankenstein.
To clarify these are photos of them looking, pretty much, like their normal selves. Enjoy, you lucky, lucky people!

www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/frankenstein-photoshoot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2012 5:39 pm  #62

Very nice. Is BC blowing in Jonny's ear in one pic and about to bite it off in another? Just wondering.

I know I have been raving about Sherlock's current wardrobe elsewhere, but I wouldn't objec to him wearing a black leather jacket -- fitted.

July 20, 2012 6:43 pm  #63

Damn and blast and other assorted swear words  . I'll just have to hope that the screenings become an annual event so we can all get to see them eventually.

http://cumberbatchweb.tumblr.com/post/27640181673/hi-so-i-emailed-this-letter-to-nt-and-the-head-of

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 20, 2012 7:13 pm  #64

With all due respect, but this is really bitter for all the people who couldn't go to London and don't live near a cinema showing the film.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 20, 2012 7:36 pm  #65

SusiGo wrote:

With all due respect, but this is really bitter for all the people who couldn't go to London and don't live near a cinema showing the film.

I agree with you, Susi. In my case, the nearest cinema was in France, I believe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 23, 2012 7:40 am  #66

In Finland Frankenstein is being shown at Finnkino movie theatres (cinemas) on 20th and 27th August.

www.finnkino.fi/News/2169

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 23, 2012 12:55 pm  #67

Damn them...why would they not release it on DVD? It doesn't make sense. Loads of people would buy it, and they could do both versions on the same DVD box set.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 23, 2012 1:08 pm  #68

Nooooooo! I can't believe it. I just read that the film was shown on 19 and 22 July in Düsseldorf, that's half an hour from where I live . And it wasn't in the paper over here and I didn't see it on the Internet  . Sammy, Tobe, Mattlocked, did anyone of you know about this?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 26, 2012 1:45 pm  #69

The National Theatre Live are adding more broadcasts of Frankenstein in Russia. Go to NTLive.com for further information.

July 31, 2012 4:51 pm  #70

Last night, I saw the movie!  I had to drive almost two hours to the theater--practically from one end of my state to the other--and then back again; I am very thankful that my GPS that I used for the first time steered me right!  And I wore the T-shirt I made (posted about it earlier in this thread) and put pics of it in the Fan Art thread.

And, I met up with KeepersPrice there!  It was great to meet in real life a person whom I'd only known virtually from this board.  We actually live only a few towns from each other but it wasn't until we went to Frankenstein that we met each other.

As for the performance: It was the version where Ben was Viktor.  Personally, I would have preferred to see Ben as the Creature but that wasn't an option as the theater wasn't showing that version.  I missed all the earlier opportunities to see any of the performances and was just glad to have this chance.  (Edit: I had a section here giving more details about my impressions but I've moved it to the Spoilers thread.)  Ben's acting was great, of course and Jonny Lee Miller was terrific as the Creature.  I'm really, really glad I was able to see this!

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (July 31, 2012 5:24 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

August 28, 2012 8:46 pm  #71

Screening of Frankenstein in the Netherlands on September  25th at Pathe cinemas.

September 10, 2012 9:37 pm  #72

hepzibah wrote:

Damn and blast and other assorted swear words  . I'll just have to hope that the screenings become an annual event so we can all get to see them eventually.

http://cumberbatchweb.tumblr.com/post/27640181673/hi-so-i-emailed-this-letter-to-nt-and-the-head-of

Does this happen often with these kinds of things? I wouldn't know. I hope so too...

Frankenstein is one of my favorite novels - it's a shame I only heard about this when it was too late

I get what they're saying about keeping the show a theatrical experience and not releasing it on DVD but...c'mon!

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 12, 2012 3:00 pm  #73

French encore screenings of Frankenstein have now been confirmed for October 15th and 22nd. The following link has all the information.

www.pathelive.com/fr/sp/evenements/frankenstein-1

Last edited by Davina (September 12, 2012 3:02 pm)

December 13, 2012 12:52 pm  #74

In case somebody wants something other than a smiley to put on the wall:

http://posters.nationaltheatre.org.uk/art/525391/Frankenstein

Board footera