BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2012 11:53 pm  #1

Benedict on Twitter

Hi all

Public Service Announcement, here.

There's a new twitter account (@cumberbatchb) claiming to be the official twitter of Benedict, and posting as him. Benedict does not use twitter. This account is a fake. (The vocabulary used by whoever it is would tell you that anyway)

So if you ever see any twitter account (or Tumblr, or Facebook, or any other social media site) claiming to actually be Benedict, it's not him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 12, 2012 8:13 am  #2

Re: Benedict on Twitter

Yeah, is that the same one Sue Vertue was talking about the other week? She said it was a fake too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 12, 2012 10:40 am  #3

That's right he's not on any social media sites and nor is Martin. Anyone who says they are either of them is a fakerooney!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 14, 2012 2:57 am  #4

Oh yeah I saw that on Twitter... but it's pretty obvious from the posts that it's not him.  Thanks for the heads up!  Do they not have Facebooks?

September 14, 2012 2:59 am  #5

Nope. No Facbook, Twitter, Tumblr, or any other social networking, photo hosting, blog site...nothing. He's not online (at least, not publically).

Last edited by Wholocked (September 14, 2012 3:00 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 14, 2012 3:47 am  #6

Wholocked wrote:

Nope. No Facbook, Twitter, Tumblr, or any other social networking, photo hosting, blog site...nothing.. at least, not publically).

lol, there is your answer

September 14, 2012 5:44 am  #7

I meant that if he is on those sites it's only for friends/family.

September 14, 2012 11:21 am  #8

Or, most likely, under an assumed name. That's what the Lord of the Rings actors did back then.. anyway, all good, definitely the best possible scenario!

There are some very crazy people out there..

Board footera