BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2012 3:49 am  #1

The Adventure of The Speckled Band

I really want to see an adaptation of this story because it's my all time most favourite Holmes story in the world! Wonder if it will feature in any of the future episodes. The name has been referenced in earlier episodes but not the narrative.

September 11, 2012 6:11 am  #2

Re: The Adventure of The Speckled Band

In the discussion about the three spoiler words (Rat, Wedding, Bow) the idea has already surfaced a few times. While it is not exactly obvious, it does seem quite likely that at least part of the Speckled Band will be used in the new series.
I have not read all of the canon, but it is one of my favorite stories too. I like the fact that it is quite an unusual Sherlock Holmes story, with a lot of "action" and suspence, and I would love to see it modernized.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

September 11, 2012 7:22 pm  #3

And it's the Moff's favourite. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 12, 2012 12:09 am  #4

I wonder how they'll modernize it....do you think they'll still use the snake going through the vents?

September 12, 2012 12:15 am  #5

They did already reference this case with "The Speckled Blonde". I kinda took that as an indication they wouldn't do the whole story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 12, 2012 9:35 am  #6

Yeah, they wouldn't be able to do the full story because they've already used the title, so they wouldn't be able to have the dying man's clue that it was "the speckled band" that did it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 12, 2012 10:28 am  #7

They could, possibly use a snake somehow, somewhere.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 12, 2012 10:31 am  #8

They could use One Direction when they all have acne breakouts!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 13, 2012 12:11 am  #9

I still remember the first time I read that story and it gave me the CREEPS.  I mean, I totally had the heebie-jeebies.  We were at my grandfather's house and my siblings went out to sleep in his camper and I refused to go out there because all I could think about was a snake coming into the camper somehow...  This story has always stuck with me and I recently re-read it.  I hope they will incorporate it!  I did read some of the theories about series 3 and hopefully a few of them are right.

Board footera