BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 10, 2012 8:53 am  #1

*bleep* you, I won a BAFTA!

You've probably already seen it but:

To be fair, I don't think Mr Norton was trying to be condescending but Martin's reply is just gold

title edited on request that "F***" be taken out of it.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (November 6, 2012 11:44 pm)

September 10, 2012 11:05 am  #2

Re: *bleep* you, I won a BAFTA!

Have you seen the whole show? I like this show, well depends a bit on the guests, but usually very funny.

I also liked when Martin said "I have a computer!" when Graham asked if he noticed the increasing attention from fans because he was in NZ when the Sherlock fandom exploded  And we all know what he meant by it or rather what he read.   

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 10, 2012 5:11 pm  #3

There is a t-shirt with that quote available. If you go to the Sherlockian Merchandise section, then look for the Cool Red Bubble T-shirts thread, there is a link to their website.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 11, 2012 12:02 am  #4

Thanks for posting that, saturnR! It was a good laugh in an otherwise crap day. Now I'm smiling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 11, 2012 1:05 am  #5

I don't like the F  word  in the Title.  .   Mods?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 11, 2012 2:36 am  #6

sherlockskitty wrote:

I don't like the F  word  in the Title.  .   Mods?

It's only a letter F; it's already 'moderated'. No harm done.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 11, 2012 3:01 am  #7

Yeah, I've seen it -- but it's still hilarious!

Late in May, I ran across a "comic strip" that someone had compiled out of four Sherlock GIFs with text added -- a BAFTA competition between John Watson and Jim Moriarty.  I forgot to bookmark it, and now I can find only a two-picture version, so I'm hoping that someone here can post the URL.

The reason I'm posting this request here is that one line of text was "F*** Moriarty -- I won a BAFTA!"

November 5, 2012 1:49 am  #8

I love Graham Norton's show and I'm waiting with baited breath for Benedict to be on. That said, I loved Martin's appearance. I hadn't seen much of him outside Sherlock at that point so his dry humor caught me off guard a bit, but now I've grown to love it. And, Graham definitely wasn't being condescending here, yet Martin's comeback is priceless. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 6, 2012 10:50 am  #9

By the way "sensored" is spelt wrong. *grammar nazi alert*. XD. It should be "censored". Anyway, I don't particularly have a problem with the f word in the title, seeing as that's actually what he says... :/ ...but if it upsets people then fair enough, remove it. It's a good job you weren't at Cheltenham when Benedict said "fuckety feck feck feck" (yes that's actually what he said)... 

Anyway, back on topic, love this clip and all the fandom jokes it's inspired since. The Graham Norton Show is really hilarious stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 6, 2012 8:43 pm  #10

Thank you, Mr. Holmes, sir -- I've been wanting to point out that misspelling myself.

If someone's going to change the title again, though, wouldn't

*bleep* you, I won a BAFTA!

be more appropriate?

(Assuming that British censors ever do actually "bleep" naughty words.  Judging by the shows I've seen, they apparently just leave 'em in!)

Last edited by Carol the Dabbler (November 6, 2012 8:49 pm)

November 6, 2012 8:57 pm  #11

They do sometimes bleep!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 6, 2012 11:42 pm  #12

Oh yes, that's a good idea! They do occasionally bleep, yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 7, 2012 1:33 pm  #13

Enough with the Nazi shit, please!

January 9, 2013 5:02 pm  #14

I just felt the need to post this pic... belongs in this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 28, 2013 6:23 pm  #15

Most adorable F*** bomb ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera