BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 6, 2012 9:20 pm  #1

Sample CV for Sherlock Holmes

I came across this sample CV for the University of California at San Francisco School of Dentistry which uses Sherlock Holmes and other characters from the Sherlock stories. It really made me smile anyway! Read it and all will become clear. I'm not putting it in the Canon section because...well...it isn't really!

www.career.ucsf.edu/dent/samples/statementcvpedo2.pdf

Last edited by Davina (September 6, 2012 9:21 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 6, 2012 9:29 pm  #2

Re: Sample CV for Sherlock Holmes

Love this quote from CV:

My father frequently tells me that there are basically two kinds of people in this world: those who present the problems and those who present the solutions.

Further proof that Sherlock is never the problem

September 10, 2012 7:26 pm  #3

Sherlock as a dentist. That is rather strange. Not sure I'd want him to be my dentist but meh, never mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 10, 2012 11:35 pm  #4

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Sherlock as a dentist. That is rather strange. Not sure I'd want him to be my dentist but meh, never mind.

Sherlock in a fraternity is what made me laugh hardest. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 11, 2012 2:19 am  #5

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Your teeth might end up in his fridge.
But let's hope he's wait till you were done with them.

September 11, 2012 2:57 am  #6

NW16XE wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Sherlock in a fraternity is what made me laugh hardest. 

I know. I definitely couldn't see that.
Well, I could, but I couldn't see it ending well...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

September 11, 2012 6:54 am  #7

'We all hated him'. Type of thing.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 11, 2012 9:42 am  #8

Someone someplace wrote he must have been a Cambridge man, as he goes far beyond the degree of solipsistic eccentricity Oxford would tolorate. 

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 11, 2012 6:44 pm  #9

Yeah, I heard that he's a Cambridge man too, mainly because he probably would have studied Chemistry and Cambridge is more well known for it's sciences.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 13, 2012 2:49 pm  #10

Which college would he have been in?

September 14, 2012 6:14 pm  #11

Funny! How do you always find those things? 

A dentist... curious.

September 14, 2012 8:11 pm  #12

A search engine and lateral thinking!

Board footera