BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2012 12:02 pm  #21

Re: The Red-headed League (all about red-heads)

Davina wrote:

She is always getting complements for her hair colouring although when she was little she was a bit freaked out by Chinese people, in Canada, touching her hair when we were in a lift (elevator).

I can remember people commenting on mine from way back. The movie Annie had just come out when I was around 4 or 5 so people were always coming up to my mom, saying I looked just like Little Orphan Annie.  I used to hate my hair, now I like it but I wish it were less curly. People still randomly touch it wish I don't particularly like. In my early 20s I'd also have random people come up and touch my face--they don't do that at all anymore. Guess my fine pale complexion has been overcome with age and the stress of working third shift.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 9, 2012 12:08 pm  #22

Lestrade wrote:

How is "Ginger kids - Help find a cure" not offensive?
It's like saying "all brown-eyed people are liars" or "all blondes are stupid".

I don't doubt you meant it as a joke and didn't want to offend. However, I've known quite a lot of kids who suffered/are suffering a lot because of remarks like that one. Every joke gets a lot less funny when you are at the receiving end. Even in an adult setting.

I assume you're a redhead? Idk...I'm a redhead and I thought that picture was hilarious. I've been called much, much worse by stupid kids when I was back in school. That, and because I know so many people who pay for the color, redhead insults don't even phase me and can even be pretty darn funny. I also figure that, if someone dislikes me because of hair color, then they have quite a problem.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 9, 2012 12:10 pm  #23

LoveBug54 wrote:

This discussion reminded me of a skit from Catherine Tate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_DVHUEjnuU

She's freaking hilarious. Have you seen her in the skit with David Tennant (she's a student, he's an English teacher)? My coworker and I also LOVE her character, Derek, but mainly because we thing (s)he looks and acts like a supervisor we both really disliked. I didn't care for her as a companion on Doctor Who, but otherwise I like her very much.

September 9, 2012 12:14 pm  #24

At least it's not... the Spanish Inquisition! (Cue Monty Python's Flying Circus).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera