BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 5, 2012 2:30 am  #1

The Killing

Anyone get hooked on this one?   A guilty pleasure.

Not the American version, set in Seattle,  but the Danish original, "Forbrydelsen"-    Wow,  really really so well done, police procedural/ crime drama - It was a summer
project for me to watch, but I finally finished Series 1 20(!) episodes,  and the DVD of 2nd series, (10 episodes, and a 'making of')-  I think I've now gotten a good idea of
what it's like to be in Copenhagen in November,  brrr, beautiful, and stark.   And I started getting an uneasy feeling that I've been dreaming in Danish.

The heroine/detective, actress Sofie Grabol is such a standout, but very realistic performances all around, and it all kept me guessing till the end.   Of course, it takes
a bit of commitment to stick with,  but was well worth it.    I think they are filming a 3rd series now.

September 7, 2012 8:54 pm  #2

Re: The Killing

Hi Jen,  yes I LOVE "The Killing" - very ambitious writing!   20 days in the case = 20 episodes. (although it took some effort to track it down in the U.S.)   The
deadpan hero Sarah Lund, and her ever-present sweater (jumper!)-   which seems to repair and clean itself over the course of the show.

She had very funny cameo on recent Absolutely Fabulous,  around the minor subplot where Jennifer Saunders is obsessed with watching the show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw18U_-Y6b4

September 10, 2012 5:04 am  #3

That was a great link, thanks!     There was also a report/youtube out there when the Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla) visited the
set location,  and was presented a souvenir jumper of her own.

September 12, 2013 12:27 pm  #4

I started to watch the DVDs series 1 recently because of the participation of Lars Mikkelsen. I wanted to get an impression.
He plays a politician and seems to be one of the good guys. But I am still at the very beginning of the series.

It is worth to watch it, IMO.

September 12, 2013 3:05 pm  #5

Funny. The original Danish title means 'The Crime' rather than 'The Killing'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 13, 2013 9:15 am  #6

Be wrote:

I started to watch the DVDs series 1 recently because of the participation of Lars Mikkelsen. I wanted to get an impression.
He plays a politician and seems to be one of the good guys. But I am still at the very beginning of the series.

It is worth to watch it, IMO.

Ah,  but is he really one of the good guys?   

God I love that show...    Can't  wait so see him in Sherlock.!

Board footera