BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2012 9:06 am  #161

Re: The Hobbit- update release dates etc.

December 6, 2012 9:07 am  #162

Thank you, but that's what I found, too. But that can't be the whole interview!? Well we'll have to see if something longer will be up at yt.

By the way, usually I'm not a fan of Letterman interviews, he is ill-informed and ill-prepared. The age?!  He should stay home then.

I like Conan and Jimmy Fallon (although he giggles a lot ).

The interview with Stevie Colbert was brilliant a expected, he was out-character a lot. 

Last edited by Ivy (December 6, 2012 9:12 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 6, 2012 2:36 pm  #163

December 6, 2012 5:46 pm  #164

A good 15 minute interview with Martin on Opie and Anthony

Not as good as the Stephen Colbert interview imo, but definitely better than a lot of the others.

Ivy wrote:

Thank you, but that's what I found, too. But that can't be the whole interview!? Well we'll have to see if something longer will be up at yt.

That's not the whole interview and I wouldn't count on it showing up fully on youtube as CBS keeps a close watch on things.  Sadly, not much is missing from that clip though.  The interview was really short and not very good.

I am also not a fan of Letterman's.  He's my least favorite late night person apart from Leno.  Unfortunately, now that Conan's in Los Angeles Letterman is the only one left in NYC and that's where Martin's doing all of his Hobbit press.    Logistics has screwed us over.

December 6, 2012 6:30 pm  #165

I have seen lots of other full Letterman interviews on yt, so I still have hope.

Oh I forgot Craig Ferguson, he's great, too. But also not in NY.

----------

December 7, 2012 2:56 am  #166

Ivy wrote:

Oh I forgot Craig Ferguson, he's great, too. But also not in NY.

Craig is probably my favorite late night talk show guy. It's a shame Martin isn't able to make his way out to the west coast, I think they have better chat shows out there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 7, 2012 8:57 am  #167

New York Premiere

December 7, 2012 9:33 am  #168

December 8, 2012 11:47 am  #169

December 8, 2012 4:51 pm  #170

Today I went to a bookshop and there they had the "Tolkien Times", a sort of free newspaper published by the German Tolkien publishers. Of course it was full of "The Hobbit" and they even mentioned Smaug with the following words:

"Spectacular: Dominic Cumberbatch as Smaug the dragon". 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2012 4:58 pm  #171

Such a common error!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 8, 2012 5:07 pm  #172

I know it happened before but the names aren't exactly similar, are they?  Apart from sounding fairly Catholic. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 8, 2012 5:08 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2012 5:11 pm  #173

Which Benedict isn't...
After I watched PINK, I tried to google Benedict, but I actually thought he was called Dominic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 8, 2012 5:16 pm  #174

I see. In Germany the name isn't so very rare but we spell it Benedikt.

December 8, 2012 7:17 pm  #175

Hey, you gotta give them credit for spelling "Cumberbatch" correctly!

December 8, 2012 7:19 pm  #176

Ha!

December 8, 2012 11:44 pm  #177

Carol the Dabbler wrote:

Hey, you gotta give them credit for spelling "Cumberbatch" correctly!

That's true. But I think for Germans it doesn't sound as strange as for English speakers. 

December 9, 2012 1:28 am  #178

Here's the link to the entire interview of Martin on Letterman; it's the official CBS broadcast of the show:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/video/u4wUITZQs0g9W_1kKTlzpNozShlxY_Sb/the-late-show-12-4-2012

Martin appears at 32:47 (right after a commercial break following Matt Damon) and the interview lasts until 40:23.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 9, 2012 5:48 pm  #179

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Here's the link to the entire interview of Martin on Letterman; it's the official CBS broadcast of the show:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/video/u4wUITZQs0g9W_1kKTlzpNozShlxY_Sb/the-late-show-12-4-2012

Martin appears at 32:47 (right after a commercial break following Matt Damon) and the interview lasts until 40:23.

The video you have requested is unavailable or may have expired

I also tried a unblocking site, doesn't work either.

Thanks for trying Sherli

----------

December 9, 2012 6:41 pm  #180

For all the German members who want to get used to the dubbed version before cinema start 

http://www.spiegel.de/flash/0,,30220,00.html

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera