BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2012 8:04 am  #121

Re: The Hobbit- update release dates etc.

I can't describe his dubbed voice, but I heard that voice before, so I just "googled" him. He dubbed him before in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Well I never saw that in German. And he dubbed Jason Priestley in "Beverly Hills 90210". I guess that's the reason why I know that voice.

I actually heard dubbed voices that were better than the original one.

Yeah the "quite sexy" refers to his voice not the head cold.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 29, 2012 8:58 am  #122

Hobbit Picture Gallery

http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/The_Hobbit__An_Unexpected_Journey

Last edited by Sherly (November 29, 2012 8:59 am)

November 30, 2012 10:24 am  #123

'The Colbert Report' sets 'Hobbit'-themed week of shows -- EXCLUSIVE

Stephen Colbert has never been afraid to show off his passion for J.R.R. Tolkien on The Colbert Report (see: this James Franco interview and this dissection of John McCain’s Lord of the Rings debt ceiling analogy) but next week he will take that love to new nerdy levels. Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report will present four nights of Hobbit-themed programming (Dec. 3 to Dec. 6), pegged to the Dec. 14 release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, EW has learned. Guests will include stars Ian McKellan (Dec. 3), Martin Freeman (Dec. 4) and Andy Serkis (Dec. 6), along with director Peter Jackson (Dec. 5).

Said Colbert in a statement: “Elen sila lumenn‘ omentielvo*… I mean that sincerely.â€

Our host may or may not be sharing screen time with a few Hobbit actors on the big screen as well: He is rumored to have shot a cameo in the trilogy while visiting the New Zealand set. “It’s yet to be confirmed or denied,† Jackson told EW last month, though he did praise Colbert by saying, “I have never met a bigger Tolkien geek in my life† and calling his “encyclopedic knowledge† of the fantasy author “spectacular.â€

(*Translation: “A star shines upon the hour of our meeting†)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/29/the-colbert-report-hobbit-tolkien-themed-week/

November 30, 2012 12:14 pm  #124

Sherly wrote:

'The Colbert Report' sets 'Hobbit'-themed week of shows -- EXCLUSIVE

Stephen Colbert has never been afraid to show off his passion for J.R.R. Tolkien on The Colbert Report (see: this James Franco interview and this dissection of John McCain’s Lord of the Rings debt ceiling analogy) but next week he will take that love to new nerdy levels. Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report will present four nights of Hobbit-themed programming (Dec. 3 to Dec. 6), pegged to the Dec. 14 release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, EW has learned. Guests will include stars Ian McKellan (Dec. 3), Martin Freeman (Dec. 4) and Andy Serkis (Dec. 6), along with director Peter Jackson (Dec. 5).

Said Colbert in a statement: “Elen sila lumenn‘ omentielvo*… I mean that sincerely.�

Our host may or may not be sharing screen time with a few Hobbit actors on the big screen as well: He is rumored to have shot a cameo in the trilogy while visiting the New Zealand set. “It’s yet to be confirmed or denied,�  Jackson told EW last month, though he did praise Colbert by saying, “I have never met a bigger Tolkien geek in my life�  and calling his “encyclopedic knowledge�  of the fantasy author “spectacular.�

(*Translation: “A star shines upon the hour of our meeting� )

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/29/the-colbert-report-hobbit-tolkien-themed-week/

I just wanted to open a new topic for it. The Colbert Report is brilliant. I was hoping that Martin will be there and now Ian McKellen, too. Colbert is a Tolkien nerd! That's going to be great!

----------

November 30, 2012 9:56 pm  #125

A roundup of Martin’s upcoming press appearances for The Hobbit (to be updated):

The Hobbit Japan Premiere - 1 December
Press conference 11:30, Red Carpet 18:00 JST

Late Night with David Letterman - 3 December
11:35pm EST (CBS)

Anderson Live - 4 December

The Colbert Report (part of TCR’s Hobbit week) - 4 December
11:30pm EST (Comedy Central)

The Hobbit US Premiere - 6 December
Ziegfeld Theatre 7pm EST (AFI benefit)

The Today Show - 7 December
NBC

The Hobbit Berlin Premiere
(date unknown)

The Hobbit UK Premiere - 12 December
Odeon Cinema, Leicester Square 6:15pm BST (The 65th Royal Film Performance)

The Graham Norton Show - 14 December
10:35pm BST (BBC1)

http://fuckyeahmartinfreeman.tumblr.com/post/36874357612/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-press-tour

----------

December 1, 2012 8:52 pm  #126

I love the Colbert Report. So cool he's doing that haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

December 1, 2012 9:50 pm  #127

Thanks for that whole list of his appearances, Ivy!

Regarding the Letterman show on Monday -- Freeman's fellow guest is John Krasinski -- Tim from The Office meets Jim from The Office!

December 2, 2012 12:05 am  #128

We just had a 14-hour long LOTR marathon (including breaks) with a few friends where we watched all the extended versions of the movies from a video projector (big screen). We started preparing for the first HOBBIT that we're going to go see in two weeks. I'm so going to dream about elves and orcs tonight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

December 2, 2012 12:28 am  #129

Carol the Dabbler wrote:

Regarding the Letterman show on Monday -- Freeman's fellow guest is John Krasinski -- Tim from The Office meets Jim from The Office!

Martin's Letterman appearance has been moved to Tuesday.

December 2, 2012 4:21 am  #130

Thanks for letting us know, whistling!  Krasinski is still scheduled for Monday, so hopefully Letterman will focus on The Hobbit on Tuesday.  Freeman is still scheduled to be on Colbert's show on Tuesday as well -- apparently the two shows tape at different times of the day -- so he'll be on opposite himself.  Unless things change again, of course.

Last I heard (!), Freeman is also scheduled to be on the Today Show on Friday the 7th.

December 2, 2012 8:37 am  #131

14 hours!!

Martin is certainly going to be busy, busy, busy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 3, 2012 3:03 am  #132

Check it out - we made it to the World Premiere in Wellington, New Zealand!

Last edited by The Doctor (December 3, 2012 3:03 am)

December 3, 2012 5:55 am  #133

According to the TV Guide web site it now looks like Freeman's Today Show appearance will be Tuesday the 4th as part of their Hobbit week --

Monday:  Ian McKellen
Tuesday:  Martin Freeman
Wednesday:  Elijah Wood
Thursday:  Peter Jackson

December 3, 2012 6:59 am  #134

Doctor, Doctor, tell us the news! What was it like? Who did you see?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 3, 2012 8:56 am  #135

check out the other thread with some pics at Index » Fan Meet Ups » Off to see The Hobbit (World Premiere in Wellington, New Zealand)

.. in short, we met about everyone, so many cast and crew simply around Wellywood or at official functions. I stopped counting at 42 because it is such a good number and all.. we even met some of the actors of Part 2 who were not officially introduced yet (including Tauriel).

I have to admit one of my faves was Martin Freeman as I never met him before in person.  I was relieved that indeed, I found something to say that did go beyond 'your acting brought us much joy" etc. It was quite amazed to run into him very unexpectedly and in private, and we went on to exchange a friendly banter about who could provide more insight into 'what to do in Wellington - so funny!

December 3, 2012 9:28 am  #136

Premiere of ‘The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey’ in Tokyo

They are sooo cute 

December 3, 2012 9:29 am  #137

Footage from Japanese Hobbit premiere

Last edited by Sherly (December 3, 2012 9:31 am)

December 4, 2012 9:44 am  #138

First appearance of Smaug and Thorin and Bilbo hug 

Last edited by Sherly (December 4, 2012 9:46 am)

December 4, 2012 10:31 am  #139

December 4, 2012 1:27 pm  #140

I love them both so much!  Can't wait to see Martin...

----------

Board footera