BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 12, 2012 6:33 pm  #81

Re: The Hobbit- update release dates etc.

Very funny though a dwarf will NEVER beat a Spartan warrior! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 13, 2012 7:58 pm  #82

Hypable is streaming the entire soundtrack here.

November 15, 2012 7:40 am  #83

60-second Japanese Hobbit TV spot with new scenes!

November 15, 2012 7:41 am  #84

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey TV Spot - Think of Home

November 16, 2012 9:27 pm  #85

Today in the shopping centre I ran into this:

And I managed to find a cinema in my town which will show the Hobbit in the original version (with German subtitles). Yeah!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 17, 2012 11:35 am  #86

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - TV Spot 7

Last edited by Sherly (November 17, 2012 11:38 am)

November 18, 2012 8:39 pm  #87

Can't wait. I hope Martin will be on some cool talk shows next month.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 18, 2012 10:05 pm  #88

I would imagine the talk show circuit would be a given. Many people will be discovering Martin real soon. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 19, 2012 10:05 am  #89

I've been watching the making of documentaries about LOTR & they were saying how they made lifelong friends and everything, I wonder if it was like that on the hobbit, them filming together for a year again (although the cast of The Hobbit seems to be a bit older than the LOTR cast - a lot of them were much younger at the time).

November 20, 2012 9:50 am  #90

The Embassy Theater in Wellington, New Zealand, advertises the upcoming movie "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"

And here's a photo of another Hobbit install at the Wellington airport baggage claim

November 20, 2012 9:55 am  #91

Not really Hobbit related, but a cute background story 

IAN MCKELLEN PLAYED NANNY FOR MARTIN FREEMAN'S KIDS

SIR IAN MCKELLEN turned babysitter while shooting new movie THE HOBBIT by reading bedtime stories to co-star MARTIN FREEMAN's children.

The actor, who reprises his role as Gandalf in Peter Jackson's prequel to The Lord Of The Rings franchise, stepped in on nanny duties to give Freeman some much-needed time with his wife.

Freeman was separated from wife Amanda and their two children Joe, seven, and Grace, three, for the best part of 18 months during filming, and he was grateful for Sir Ian's help when his family finally joined him on location in New Zealand.

Freeman tells The Sunday Times Magazine, "Yes, I got lovesick. My family would come out for a few weeks then go home again, but over an 18-month period I saw less of them than I'd want...

"When they came over to visit, they had the experience of being babysat by Gandalf. So they were read bedtime stories by Sir Ian McKellen, a man with one of the most beautiful voices in the English language. And that's kind of cool."

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/359243/Ian-McKellen-played-nanny-for-Martin-Freeman-s-kids/

Last edited by Sherly (November 20, 2012 9:57 am)

November 20, 2012 8:21 pm  #92

Sherly wrote:

Martin quote: "When they came over to visit, they had the experience of being babysat by Gandalf. So they were read bedtime stories by Sir Ian McKellen, a man with one of the most beautiful voices in the English language. And that's kind of cool."

Well, we all know who another man with "one of the most beautiful voices in the English language" is; correct, Martin?  Just so happens he's another co-star of yours...you lucky man!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 20, 2012 8:46 pm  #93

Hm, makes me think of "Litte Red Hen" and the Snowman audio book. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 20, 2012 9:05 pm  #94

OMG it that cute, I can totally picture that, Sir Ian is so lovely-

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 21, 2012 12:51 am  #95

How precious!

Sherly wrote:

The Embassy Theater in Wellington, New Zealand, advertises the upcoming movie "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"

And here's a photo of another Hobbit install at the Wellington airport baggage claim

Cool!   But I wonder if New Zealanders get annoyed by all of this?

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

November 21, 2012 4:58 am  #96

I shouldn't think they would. I mean, Peter has really put their country on the map, so to speak. I suppose it could get annoying, but there are worse things you can be known for, such as toxic waste and the mob, for example. Welcome to New Jersey. What exit? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 21, 2012 8:19 am  #97

Probably they are a little bit annoyed by the hype
But the tourism business takes so much profit by the Hobbit (and the Lord of the Rings)
i think they should be thankful for all the attention

November 22, 2012 7:58 am  #98

UNEXPECTED TRAILER AND TV SPOT RE-EDIT .

Last edited by Sherly (November 22, 2012 7:59 am)

November 22, 2012 1:30 pm  #99

Nice Sherly!  I am so looking forward to this movie.  I expect that Martin will be perfect in his role.  Perfect comedic timing when called for, BAMF at other times.  I wonder if he's getting excited and nervous with the opening approaching?  I would be. 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 23, 2012 7:44 am  #100

KeepersPrice wrote:

Well, we all know who another man with "one of the most beautiful voices in the English language" is; correct, Martin?  Just so happens he's another co-star of yours...

Hmm, well, actually, I rather favor the voice of the co-star's co-star ....

KeepersPrice wrote:

... I am so looking forward to this movie.  I expect that Martin will be perfect in his role.  Perfect comedic timing when called for, BAMF at other times....

Indeed.

And we already have our tickets for the 12:01 a.m. showing on the 14th!

Last edited by Carol the Dabbler (November 23, 2012 8:35 am)

Board footera