BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 27, 2012 11:01 pm  #61

Re: The Hobbit- update release dates etc.

jenosborn wrote:

I've started to see a couple of "The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey" short trailers on U.S. broadcast TV this week,  anticipating the opening of
the movie December 14.  Getting excited!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ6WX0EI31Q&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbEuWT5JohE

Some silly advertising appears to be starting in earnest,   the Denny's restaurant chain is offering some Middle Earth menu selections:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/grubgrade/first-look-the-hobbit-men_b_2009741.html

I would have one or two things off that menu! Funny but cool they're doing that.

Will be getting advanced tickets on Nov 7th

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 27, 2012 11:28 pm  #62

"Smaug" was a clue in a crossword puzzle I just did. I wouldn't have known the answer if it weren't for this forum.   I read The Hobbit about a million years ago.

October 28, 2012 7:54 am  #63

That just sounds like it's going to be kind of muddy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 28, 2012 6:46 pm  #64

I'm about half asleep today, Davina.  Please tell me what it is that's muddy?   

October 28, 2012 8:35 pm  #65

Middle Earth menu selection...muddy!

Just saw a fantastic trailer for The Hobbit before the new James Bond movie...I am soooooo excited...I can't wait for December!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 28, 2012 9:39 pm  #66

I forget where but I read that Peter Jackson said we will get a "glimpse" of Smaug in the first movie.

October 28, 2012 10:12 pm  #67

Davina wrote:

Middle Earth menu selection...muddy!

Just saw a fantastic trailer for The Hobbit before the new James Bond movie...I am soooooo excited...I can't wait for December!

OK, earth = muddy, got it!

How come when I go to the movies, the trailers are for either cartoons or "action" films?   

October 29, 2012 1:39 am  #68

Davina - We're sometimes slow to get your little puns and jokes. Perhaps we are the ones with funny, little brains.

October 31, 2012 10:32 pm  #69

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 31, 2012 10:54 pm  #70

Sorry if this has already been posted.  I haven't been on the Forum for a while.  Saw this on Facebook and thought it was cute and wanted to share.  "An Unexpected Briefing":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBlRbrB_Gnc

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 31, 2012 11:01 pm  #71

LOL  KP, I posted it directly before/above you. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 31, 2012 11:15 pm  #72

Ah....great minds think alike!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 8, 2012 7:25 am  #73

4 new Posters

An image of Bilbo (Martin Freeman), Fili (Dean O’Gorman), and Kili (Aidan Turner)

Featurette: The Hobbit An Unexpected Dinner Party

Last edited by Sherly (November 8, 2012 7:30 am)

November 9, 2012 8:02 pm  #74

Martin's foreward for the Hobbit Visual Companion

November 9, 2012 8:45 pm  #75

Ha! An actor of indeterminate ability! 

November 9, 2012 9:32 pm  #76

KeepersPrice wrote:

Sorry if this has already been posted.  I haven't been on the Forum for a while.  Saw this on Facebook and thought it was cute and wanted to share.  "An Unexpected Briefing":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBlRbrB_Gnc

Love it!

"Or, did they just mean I had a funny-looking face? To be honest, I'm still not quite sure"

LOL!

November 10, 2012 12:21 am  #77

That is so cool that he gives props to Benedict! "An actor of indeterminate ability". Of all his co-stars Ben got the shout it, how awesomely cool of Martin, feel the love. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 10, 2012 9:53 am  #78

I just saw the poster for the first Hobbit movie in my local cinema. Martin with a sword that looks way too big for a hobbit to be carrying actually looks really cool. I'm not a big LOTR fan but his presence just might tempt me into watching the new film.

November 11, 2012 5:45 pm  #79

A few really great behind the scenes photos of Martin

more here

November 12, 2012 8:58 am  #80

Twelve totally mad, totally invented Hobbit rumours!

So, you’ve heard all the latest rumours from The Hobbit. Some of them — like the ones about Azog, and Billy Conolly’s talk about Dain — are pretty out there. Not to mention the whole plotline with the Nazgul.

In the spirit of trying to see who could invent the maddest rumour, our staff have put their heads together to try and come up with the most unbelievable rumour of all.

Surprise cameo: Tom Bombadil and Goldberry! Jackson has been quoted as saying “Dammit, I’m going to put those two in somewhere!  They will appear as specials guests at Beorn’s house. Ed Asner and Kate Winslet are rumored to be in talks to play the two roles.

Radagast is the true source of corruption. A major scoop has revealed that the secret purpose of Radagast’s role in these movies will be to serve as the source for Saruman’s corruption and ultimate turn to Sauron in ‘The Lord of the Rings.’

Smaug’s elaborate costume! A costume? Yes, it appears Smaug designs are being heavily based on the dragon from Disney’s Sleeping Beauty, both in size and artistic form. Maleficent is widely regarded as one of the best cinematic dragons ever to grace a screen, one in which she was a two natured being: Maleficent the dangerous Sorceress and Maleficent the Dragon. With Benedict Cumberbatch voicing both roles in The Hobbit, it seems the idea has always been to have the Necromancer be the human form of Smaug. WETA is hard at work realizing how to emulate the original shapeshifting and still make this a unique creature design.

Even more Hot Dwarves! Peter Jackson has been actively recruiting male strippers from all over New Zealand to play Dain’s army. He claims that these dwarves will “put those soldiers from ’300′ to shame .

Gollum’s grisly meal. In an effort to show the darker side of Gollum, in a scene leading up to the iconic “Riddles in the Dark  sequence, we will see Gollum viciously kill and eat a wayward goblin in a scene so gruesome that it will guarantee the movie receives an R rating in the USA. Peter Jackson is reportedly very proud of this sequence, as it harkens back to his early directorial years of grisly horror.

Legolas duets with Lindir. After Billy Boyd and Viggo Mortensen sang in the Lord of the Rings movies, Orlando Bloom is keen to show off his pipes. Our spies tell us he has volunteered to go ‘tra-la-la-lally’ with Bret Mckenzie.

Prancing Pony product placements. We’ve heard from an impeccable source that the Dwarves will stop at Bree and drink out of light-up glass goblets in a subtle Burger King product placement spot.

Beorn’s new secret sidekick. Wuzzle, an animal like creature that can talk, will be rendered by CGI. Negotiations are underway to have Wuzzle voiced by Eddie Murphy. Appearing at Beorn’s house, Wuzzle will provide comic relief in the second film.

First film drama! Jackson has decided that Balin will fall off a cliff in the Misty Mountains, seemingly to his death. He will then reappear in the second film. “I like to have at least one character fall off a cliff in each film,  Jackson told our source. “It doesn’t mean they can’t come back,  he quickly added, noting that Gandalf, Aragorn, and Gollum returned after suffering the same fate. Philippa Boyens observed that: “Sometimes I think Peter’s greatest influences as a child were Ray Harryhausen, Zulu, and Wile E. Coyote.

A Goonies homage! While trying to escape the Goblins, Bilbo will discover Gollum’s cave after falling down a Goonies-style waterslide in a tense three-minute ride guaranteed to thrill film-goers. Bilbo’s falling down the Goonies-style waterslide ties in with the future plans for a Middle-earth theme park in Orlando. Other attractions include a One Ring toss game and whack-a-troll.

Even more Cumberbatch.   Due to the phenomenal popularity of Benedict Cumberbatch, Peter Jackson has decided not to confine him to motion-capture but to show him onscreen. He will play Elrond’s twin sons, Elrohir and Elladan, in Rivendell scenes and at the Battle of Five Armies. Weta Digital is updating the head-replacement technique used to allow Armie Hammer to play twins in The Social Network. When a reporter pointed out the twins do not figure in Tolkien’s The Hobbit, Jackson replied, “Well, they’re in The Lord of the Rings and we left them out of that, so it’s a fair swap.

So. Many. Cameos! In order to get most of the cameos done in one grand sweep, Peter fills the distant shots of the Dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf with Katie Jackson, Billy Jackson, Philippa Boyens, Dan Hennah, Andrew Lesnie, Richard Taylor, Peter King, Alan Lee, John Howe, Gino Acevedo, Howard Shore, Christian River, Daniel Falconer, with Fran Walsh as Gandalf and himself as Bilbo. We think this explains the screwy horizon silhouette a lot!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/11/11/64989-twelve-totally-mad-totally-invented-hobbit-rumours/

Last edited by Sherly (November 12, 2012 8:59 am)

Board footera