BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2013 12:31 am  #281

Re: The Hobbit- update release dates etc.

It's a pretty close race. Out of curiousity I looked at what people who were voting for Snow White / Stewart were saying. It's almost hilarious the difference between the comments for #votebilbo and the comments for votesnowwhite. Not that I want to call one 'fandom' more intellegent than the other but I'll let you decide.
E.G.
For Bilbo:
A day may come when the courage of men fail, today is not that day. Today we #votebilbo.
What madness dirves us into Fangorn Forest? Voting for Bilbo, of course!
#votebilbo because he burgled a Dragon, and lived to tell the tale.
When in doubt Meriadoc, always follow your nose and #votebilbo.

For Snow White:
I didn't know who that Bilbo was until I had to vote for this.
I don't wanna give mtv votes but I ain't letting bilbo baggies win over Kristen!
Roses are red. Violets are blue. Bilbo ain't winning cause KStew is better than you.
And lots of unfortunate Bilbo - Dildo jokes.

================================================================

April 11, 2013 10:22 pm  #282

oh dear at the jokes. But Bilbo is a moderately unfortunate name to be fair. I think even without LOTR a kid called Bilbo would not have an easy passage through school.

That Nimoy song is a classic. He sung it, iirc correctly, around the same time William Shatner began his experiment with singing without music (basically, rap, delivered in exactly the way you'd expect Shatner to rap. Soliloquies to music. Very, very funny)

Last edited by beekeeper (April 11, 2013 10:23 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

April 11, 2013 11:34 pm  #283

beekeeper wrote:

oh dear at the jokes. But Bilbo is a moderately unfortunate name to be fair. I think even without LOTR a kid called Bilbo would not have an easy passage through school.

That Nimoy song is a classic. He sung it, iirc correctly, around the same time William Shatner began his experiment with singing without music (basically, rap, delivered in exactly the way you'd expect Shatner to rap. Soliloquies to music. Very, very funny)

I agree, I definately wouldn't be calling my child Bilbo no matter how much I love the character... Pippin maybe? Although to defend Tolkien slightly was dildo even a word when he wrote The Hobbit? I mean did it mean then what it means now?

April 12, 2013 1:07 am  #284

Pippin! Just say no! As for the word dildo, yes it did exist (it goes back way further than Tolkein's time) and it had exactly the same meaning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 12, 2013 1:22 am  #285

Davina wrote:

Pippin! Just say no! As for the word dildo, yes it did exist (it goes back way further than Tolkein's time) and it had exactly the same meaning.

Good to know. I wasn't sure if it was a word that originally meant something else then it became a 'dirty' word in more modern times.

Don't forget to #votebilbo though if anyone has twitter. It's a super close race and snow white fans have a ton of bot sites voting which is basically cheating. Closes soon I think.

June 11, 2013 4:57 am  #286

Yaaaay!  So look what popped up with my usual browsing of movie news:

New poster just put out!  And there's supposed to be a teaser trailer coming out Tuesday, too...  Hobbit -and- Sherlock coming back next winter (ish)... can't wait!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 11, 2013 5:18 pm  #287

Here's the first trailer with a tiny glimpse of Smaug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qq3UmifZaqM

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 11, 2013 6:10 pm  #288

Oops.... uh...  oh my...  just realized my last post was number 666, posting, no less, about our little hobbit looking as though he's about to face the beast!             Superstition aside, still so excited!!  They've posted the trailer now, and looks awesome...  pardon me getting a -little- 'oh boy' about it.  I can't imagine the lot of us some months from now when the release of all these productions we've been waiting for is rightaroundthecorner. 

Also...   Smaug!!   

edit - oops... sorry Susi!  ;D

Last edited by Russell (June 11, 2013 6:11 pm)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 11, 2013 6:15 pm  #289

OMG....Brainwave! Sherlock survived the fall by turning into a dragon and flying away. Watson's looking for him in Middle Earth!

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

June 11, 2013 7:48 pm  #290

Yes! At last! A first trailer! But I am a little bit disappointed, not much scences with Martin, and I hoped for hearing Smaugs voice .
But the poster is awesome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 12, 2013 4:03 pm  #291

According to Facebook, Martin has finished filming pickups for the Hobbit trilogy as of today!

https://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 12, 2013 4:25 pm  #292

Have to add this picture from Peter Jackson:

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 12, 2013 4:25 pm  #293

The best.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2013 11:50 pm  #294

Love that picture! If only Benedict was dressed as Smaug.

July 15, 2013 11:27 pm  #295

Michele wrote:

Love that picture! If only Benedict was dressed as Smaug.

There are drawings like that on DeviantArt

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 31, 2013 12:53 pm  #296

July 31, 2013 12:55 pm  #297

If you can't see it there, it's also been uploaded to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsOZkLUNB2E 

July 31, 2013 1:25 pm  #298

Awesome!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 31, 2013 4:37 pm  #299

I know!

July 31, 2013 4:55 pm  #300

Seen that one. Adorable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera