BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 25, 2013 12:00 am  #261

Re: The Hobbit- update release dates etc.

thanks russel for explaining about the feet.   I  was hoping it would be something like that.   I  love the display case you show up there.   I  haven't seen that one in the USA stores I go to,  tho.  wal-mart has one,  but it's  not as eye-catching as yours is. 

Michele  I  love your pic of Martin and the  cool ref  to SHERLOCK.   Oh, BYW   Martin will be at the Lonely Mountain  in NZ.   you'll most likely find him there,  because Sherlock summoned him.  

Hey!!!   They  should be filming  series 3  of Sherlock by now!!   So  how is Martin gonna  juggle  shooting  SHERLOCK  and the Hobbit?   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

March 25, 2013 12:10 am  #262

sherlockskitty wrote:

Michele  I  love your pic of Martin and the  cool ref  to SHERLOCK.   Oh, BYW   Martin will be at the Lonely Mountain  in NZ.   you'll most likely find him there,  because Sherlock summoned him.  

Hey!!!   They  should be filming  series 3  of Sherlock by now!!   So  how is Martin gonna  juggle  shooting  SHERLOCK  and the Hobbit?   

Thanks! I will be on the hunt while on holiday now!! I'd already planned LOTR/Hobbit stuff so this will make it more interesting!
Seriously how busy is this man! As long as they get all the filming for Sherlock done by then. I don't think I can survive much more delays!

================================================================

March 25, 2013 1:25 am  #263

I got a copy of it and I just finished it last night. I'm finally starting to get the right dwarf name to the right dwarf.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 25, 2013 2:34 am  #264

Annoyingly the DVD doesn't come out in Australia till the 1st May. But that's the day after my birthday so guess what I'm putting on my birthday wish list!!

Maybe if I preorder it it might arrive early...

March 25, 2013 3:54 am  #265

sherlockskitty wrote:

thanks russel for explaining about the feet.   I  was hoping it would be something like that.   I  love the display case you show up there.   I  haven't seen that one in the USA stores I go to,  tho.  wal-mart has one,  but it's  not as eye-catching as yours is. 

Aww, really?  Because that's where I saw mine!  Maybe the ones they ship out depend on the size of the store....  honestly, most the time the 'new big-movie release' aisle display tends to be a bit smaller/rectangular/plain.... just sometimes it's a more fleshed-out fancy for a popular/big-promoted one (like the re-release of Cinderella... the display mimicking her pumpkin carriage).  So, yeah.  Definitely was grinning like an idiot at it.  ;)   I managed, when it came out, to be allowed to snatch the same height (about waist-high) cutouts of Puss and the girl cat from the display for the new Puss In Boots, so I'm really hoping can grab Bilbo to put next to them...  ;D  ;D

horserider99 wrote:

I got a copy of it and I just finished it last night. I'm finally starting to get the right dwarf name to the right dwarf.

Hehee....  so, so true...  I'm not a huge Tolkien-ite or anything, just a fan of that kind of stuff, so without that background, was also getting quite amused/'sheesh' at frequently trying to place them in my head, too, in addition to simply paying attention to the movie.  Geez... not to mention the very similar names (even if it does perfectly fit with his poetic/fantasy realm style)...  seriously...try saying it three times fast...  ;P  ;P

Thorin...  Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Bombur, Bifur, Bofur, Nori, Dori, Ori,  . . . .oi.... I keep forgetting the last.  *cheat-checks*   Dwalin and Balin!  Of course... ahem... Fili and Kili are easy.  The younger 'pretty' ones.  ;P  And Bombur, since even his name sounds as 'big' as he is.  And Gloin, since he looks like his son we're familiar with, Gimli.   ...And then I'm totally going to forget after not watching it for a good while, right...  Heh... but that's having fun being a fan, for you.... right?  Even Armitage, in one of the few little interview clips I got around to watching, got asked the names and could only get a few of them.... 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 25, 2013 4:24 am  #266

Dwalin and Balin are the last two. I had the names, it was just putting the name to the face that's driving me crazy. There's actually an "official movie guide" that I just got from the library. They interview all the different actors and talk about the costumes and production stuff. It helps a lot for getting dwarves straight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 25, 2013 6:51 am  #267

the dwarf called Dori  from the Hobbit movie--here's a little bit of silly news I found out  awhile ago.   Prince Charles Of Great Britain was visiting the movie set last november---,  and Dori bowed to him,  and offered himself as a servant for the prince to do whatever he wished.   awwwwwwwww.   Prince Charles was quoted as saying that was the nicest b day present he'd had in a long time.    You can find the info in MAJESTY magazine  for february/march. 

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

March 25, 2013 5:21 pm  #268

sherlockskitty wrote:

the dwarf called Dori  from the Hobbit movie--here's a little bit of silly news I found out  awhile ago.   Prince Charles Of Great Britain was visiting the movie set last november---,  and Dori bowed to him,  and offered himself as a servant for the prince to do whatever he wished.   awwwwwwwww.   Prince Charles was quoted as saying that was the nicest b day present he'd had in a long time.    You can find the info in MAJESTY magazine  for february/march. 

Aww, that's so sweet...     There was so much promo/different visits, didn't keep up with most of the dwarves except seeing Armitage all over the place, and to some extent, Bofur/Nesbitt (who seemed quite humorously charming!).   When all that stuff about the dwarves started coming out, honestly the main thing I remember thinking is 'whoah... cool!  'Mitchell' (Aidan Turner, Being Human) got to be a dwarf??'   ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

March 27, 2013 5:09 am  #269

Hey, so out of curiosity, did anyone watch that super-secret-special sneak preview whatever thing with Peter Jackson that was supposed to be on the official website on Sunday?   Just curious…

Also, ahem, um.. please excuse me for a moment.   ….Yaaaaaaayyyy!!  ;D 
I'm a little inordinately pleased and amused as an utter goofball geek can be ----  Bilbo came home with me tonight!       He's such a nice gentleman, it wasn't hard to convince.  Especially since he was getting kicked from his home (which was then crushed) for some dude named G.I. Joe.     Here he is, relaxing back now with his new friends:

Oh..... and, don't mind the man behind him.  Just an evil twin from the other side of the display that insisted he not be left behind.  Sadly, it's fairly comfortable and adventure-free inside here...  ;)  Unless he... . . .omg...  o.o   I just had the hilariously best (ok, that's questionable) mental image of taking him around on adventures as a photo series, much like the 'traveling gnome'.  Yes?  No?   

March 27, 2013 5:36 am  #270

Good work on saving him Russell! What a great addition to your home!!!

March 27, 2013 5:58 am  #271

horserider99 wrote:

hey  horsenrider--  does your copy have the special feautures on it?   the one I rented did not  .    boo hoo!!   I  want to buy it since I have the three LOTR  movies.    thanks!!  

oh  russel!!   can I have the extra one of Bilbo?  and did you have to pay for the thing?  

Michele  do you know the font used for the words in your siggy?  It's very pretty.  

Last edited by sherlockskitty (March 27, 2013 6:02 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

March 27, 2013 6:07 am  #272

sherlockskitty wrote:

Michele  do you know the font used for the words in your siggy?  It's very pretty.  

Thanks. It is lovely. It's just the font that's used for a lot of Tolkien's stuff. You can download it from this site. Plus a whole heap of other Middle Earth fonts:

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/fonts.html

March 28, 2013 4:37 am  #273

sherlockskitty wrote:

horserider99 wrote:

hey  horsenrider--  does your copy have the special feautures on it?   the one I rented did not  .    boo hoo!!   I  want to buy it since I have the three LOTR  movies.    thanks!!  

oh  russel!!   can I have the extra one of Bilbo?  and did you have to pay for the thing?   

Aw, you like it that much?   Ha... I'm not even sure how would mail it to anyone!  I don't suppose any Wal Marts more local to you haven't crushed their displays yet or would allow you to have...  and nope, I just squirreled him away home with me.  ;)
(also, I can't help but wonder if your thing with the movie is because it's a rental version... I think sometimes they only get the 'plain/stripped down' ones?  being as the only features are the production vlogs, though... you can see those on youtube!)

March 28, 2013 1:25 pm  #274

So I watched Peter Jackson's sneak peak on Sunday.  I shouted, "put Stephen Colbert on" and the screen, and Stephen was Skyping with Peter two minutes later.  It didn't work when I shouting "put Martin and Benedict on"   I wanted to see Martin and Benedict Skyping from the Sherlock set. *sigh* that would have been awesome watching Bilbo and Smaug being silly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

March 28, 2013 4:44 pm  #275

josabby wrote:

So I watched Peter Jackson's sneak peak on Sunday.  I shouted, "put Stephen Colbert on" and the screen, and Stephen was Skyping with Peter two minutes later.  It didn't work when I shouting "put Martin and Benedict on"   I wanted to see Martin and Benedict Skyping from the Sherlock set. *sigh* that would have been awesome watching Bilbo and Smaug being silly.

Cool....  so what exactly was it?   From your words, a livestreamed little video/skype thing of them saying 'hello, and take a look at this cool sneak preview'?

March 28, 2013 6:12 pm  #276

Russell wrote:

josabby wrote:

Cool.... so what exactly was it? From your words, a livestreamed little video/skype thing of them saying 'hello, and take a look at this cool sneak preview'?

http://www.thehobbit.com/sneak/

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

April 1, 2013 3:48 am  #277

josabby wrote:

Russell wrote:

josabby wrote:

Cool.... so what exactly was it? From your words, a livestreamed little video/skype thing of them saying 'hello, and take a look at this cool sneak preview'?

http://www.thehobbit.com/sneak/

Ah... thanks.  See, knew it was on the site, but figured it was a live Sunday-only thing!   I agree.... the part with fellow funny-geek Colbert was one of the best parts.... so cute.    And it was kinda pleasantly awesome to see who else popped up, but... yes... wanted Martin!!  ;D  At least he was in part of the clip....  right?

April 7, 2013 1:01 am  #278

Great.   Just great.   I have another 'song brain worm' in my head right now.  This is something I came across I have no idea how about a decade ago, and through the course of all the Hobbit stuff lately, it somehow came to the surface again.  So what better to do, than to share it with you lovelies, of course???    

Tsk....  Honestly.... don't you think there was a missed opportunity here, what with how much fans ate up Jackson's special little 'production vlogs' he made for them and posted throughout filming, then were included on the dvd as the only extras?  Star Trek and the Hobbit are both making it big again right now, thanks to serendipitous timing!  This is the perfect tie-in!!  (hush, I know there would probably be issues with copyright and licensing).  I'm just sayin...  the classic Leonard Nimoy!  Over-cheesy 80's!  Bilbo!  Perfect!  ;D   (or perfectly cheesy...  snrk)

April 8, 2013 12:09 am  #279

Everyone with twitter tweeted #votebilbo? Fight between Snow White and Bilbo for best hero MTV award.

April 8, 2013 8:47 pm  #280

Michele wrote:

Everyone with twitter tweeted #votebilbo? Fight between Snow White and Bilbo for best hero MTV award.

I'll have to do that.  The MTV movie awards were so much more entertaining before the Twilight movies kept winning everything and beating movies that were actually good. Go Bilbo!!  The only good incarnation of Snow White I've seen recently is on Once Upon a Time.  The LotR trilogy won everything 10 years ago, maybe the Hobbit can beat Twilight and Snow White (though I'll give Chris Hemsworth a pass)

Board footera