BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



September 3, 2012 1:32 am  #21


Re: Sherlock's pants

veecee wrote:

Note to my fellow Americans: In the UK, pants are underwear. What we call pants, they call trousers.

OHHH snap. I was confused. I thought I knew most of the idioms (and I do know "trousers") but I didn't know that one. Thanks!


***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...
 

September 3, 2012 5:51 am  #22


Re: Sherlock's pants

Ladies wear knickers though or briefs. You wouldn't say to a lady or girl about wearing pants as underwear, though you might say panties. Confused? I am and I LIVE here I.e. in the UK. We have a thread in the Other section about awkward words in the US/UK. Lots of opportunities for embarrassing mistakes.

Last edited by Davina (September 3, 2012 5:52 am)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

September 3, 2012 9:10 pm  #23


Re: Sherlock's pants

Hm.. I somehow imagine him wearing black underwear. Classy stuff. Silk sounds good.

No, what... honestly, what are we even doing here? We need season 3 soon, haha..

 

September 3, 2012 9:28 pm  #24


Re: Sherlock's pants

Sammy wrote:

Hm.. I somehow imagine him wearing black underwear. Classy stuff. Silk sounds good.

No, what... honestly, what are we even doing here? We need season 3 soon, haha..

That settles it, then; black silk boxers from Derek Rose.

What are we doing indeed? I'm glad everyone here is as nutty as I am. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton
     Thread Starter
 

September 3, 2012 9:33 pm  #25


Re: Sherlock's pants

Is that nutty or smutty? 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

September 3, 2012 9:44 pm  #26


Re: Sherlock's pants

Davina wrote:

Is that nutty or smutty? 

Both. Did I mention obsessive?  Sometimes small details and odd questions get stuck in my head...
But you never know, 'black silk boxers by Derek Rose, purchased at Harrod's,' might be the solution to series 3's cliffhanger ending... I know, quite enough, shutting up now. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton
     Thread Starter
 

September 4, 2012 2:12 am  #27


Re: Sherlock's pants

Davina wrote:

Ladies wear knickers though or briefs. You wouldn't say to a lady or girl about wearing pants as underwear, though you might say panties. Confused? I am and I LIVE here I.e. in the UK. We have a thread in the Other section about awkward words in the US/UK. Lots of opportunities for embarrassing mistakes.

Not confusing at all.


***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...
 

September 4, 2012 2:55 am  #28


Re: Sherlock's pants

I think I like the idea of purple silk boxers for Sherlock...to match his PSoS, of course! 


********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."


"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.
 

September 4, 2012 11:05 am  #29


Re: Sherlock's pants

I have to believe Sherlock is a boxers man. Love boxers over briefs


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait
 

September 4, 2012 11:12 am  #30


Re: Sherlock's pants

Plus he does like a bit of a punch doesn't he.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

September 4, 2012 5:54 pm  #31


Re: Sherlock's pants

Assuming he wears drawers at all, I'd have to guess boxers over briefs because I've never noticed any VPL. Not that I've ever stared at his butt or anything like that because that would be inappropriate and rude! *clutches pearls*

I'm completely full of shit, aren't I? 

Last edited by LoveBug54 (September 4, 2012 5:55 pm)

 

September 4, 2012 6:35 pm  #32


Re: Sherlock's pants

Drawers! Drawers? Victorian Sherlock?


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

September 4, 2012 8:49 pm  #33


Re: Sherlock's pants

Definitely boxers!

And I'd probably go with silk, seeing as he enjoys wearing silk dressing gowns. Either black or purple.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/public/78cpBVKuAdMZLe5rvTF4rNbEBdglAB4SGATv140iQQ6A13S6Lu1Dd7ubJ8pDJfuKePtH933ilLpo8hb0VD_toDt6nwq4eAESZFlWS9kbAFDvb6FwABFiUH9x0eIav61wC1nGrvf1tXnmA79HDfTtbO3w9_Pi8dUKiQ=s90-c


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

http://9.asset.soup.io/asset/1715/0057_6c7d.gif
 

September 4, 2012 10:15 pm  #34


Re: Sherlock's pants

Davina wrote:

Plus he does like a bit of a punch doesn't he.

I always hear 'purple silk boxers' when he's speaking, but usually it's subtext... 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton
     Thread Starter
 

September 5, 2012 1:32 am  #35


Re: Sherlock's pants

LoveBug54 wrote:

Assuming he wears drawers at all, I'd have to guess boxers over briefs because I've never noticed any VPL. Not that I've ever stared at his butt or anything like that because that would be inappropriate and rude! *clutches pearls*

I'm completely full of shit, aren't I? 

  Indulge an old broad, will you. What is VPL?  It sounds intriguing - and possibly a good excuse for staring as I try to find it. 

And thanks for explaining the 'pants' terminology, Brit vs. American.  I had no idea and It makes the palace scene even funnier now.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p635/lianafuller/qwer_zpsbebc7b3b.png
 

September 5, 2012 2:35 am  #36


Re: Sherlock's pants

KeepersPrice wrote:

LoveBug54 wrote:

Assuming he wears drawers at all, I'd have to guess boxers over briefs because I've never noticed any VPL. Not that I've ever stared at his butt or anything like that because that would be inappropriate and rude! *clutches pearls*

I'm completely full of shit, aren't I? 

  Indulge an old broad, will you. What is VPL?  It sounds intriguing - and possibly a good excuse for staring as I try to find it. 

And thanks for explaining the 'pants' terminology, Brit vs. American.  I had no idea and It makes the palace scene even funnier now.

Visible Panty Line. What Glamour magazine says is the #1 "Don't" women make. 

 

September 5, 2012 6:04 am  #37


Re: Sherlock's pants

Much funnier if you thought it was just his trousers he wasn't wearing.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

October 30, 2012 10:41 am  #38


Re: Sherlock's pants

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Definitely boxers!

And I'd probably go with silk, seeing as he enjoys wearing silk dressing gowns. Either black or purple.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/public/78cpBVKuAdMZLe5rvTF4rNbEBdglAB4SGATv140iQQ6A13S6Lu1Dd7ubJ8pDJfuKePtH933ilLpo8hb0VD_toDt6nwq4eAESZFlWS9kbAFDvb6FwABFiUH9x0eIav61wC1nGrvf1tXnmA79HDfTtbO3w9_Pi8dUKiQ=s90-c

Yeah that's what I think too!


*Mod note* advertising link removed from signature.
 

October 30, 2012 4:07 pm  #39


Re: Sherlock's pants

Maybe he doesn't wear underwear at all, just trousers.


----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151103/cun4b2f8.png

 
 

October 30, 2012 5:14 pm  #40


Re: Sherlock's pants

Ivy wrote:

Maybe he doesn't wear underwear at all, just trousers.

Oh god, is that even an option? I mean okay, he is weird, but actually that weird?! I think if he did, I wouldn't want to know.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum