BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 2, 2012 11:42 am  #1

Daily Mail& Telegraph articles about a new 'romance'

Apparently Benny has been seen in public with a gorgeous Russian model. Links to articles below. That sound you are hearing in Tumblr exploding LOL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2196872/Benedict-Cumberbatch-gets-cosy-Russian-model-Katia-Elizarova.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9514539/Sherlock-star-Benedict-Cumberbatch-enjoys-role-in-passionate-Russian-romance.html

Mountains out of molehills? Somehow, I don't think we can expect a happy announcement any day soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 12:17 pm  #2

Re: Daily Mail& Telegraph articles about a new 'romance'

She's very pretty. Good for him.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 2, 2012 1:53 pm  #3

She trained in Law and he toyed with the idea of being a barrister. They were both invited to this charity event by the model Katia Vodianova..

The event was held at a Russian restaurant in Knightsbridge to promote a dessert being introduced to the menu by Katia Vodianova, the entire proceeds from which will go to her Naked Heart Foundation. I have put a link below for those of you who may wish to learn more about what this charitable foundation does for under-privileged  children in Russia. Others who attended the event included: Jessica Cummings, Orlando Hamilton and Lady Tallulah Harlech.

The dessert itself is a light egg-white souffle with a layer of strawberries and raspberries covered in a fresh berry sauce. It costs £9 and all the proceeds go to the foundation. The restsurant's address is:

116 Knightsbridge, London, SW1XPJ

Katia Vodianova had just run a leg of the Paralympic torch earring ceremony and came wearing her track suit as there had been a delay. Her half-sister has cerebral palsy, so the Paralympics are close to her heart.

I just thought I would balance the celeb gossip articles with some facts about what the occasion actually was and it's real purpose. Hopefully the coverage will help promote the Foundation and its work; which I am pretty sure was why Benedict was in attendance.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Heart_Foundation

Last edited by Davina (September 2, 2012 1:55 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 2:00 pm  #4

^^I don't get the feeling from the articles that they're together in any significant way but I sort of feel weird getting too deeply into this part of an actor's life, even if I'm VERY curious. Especially about certain other Sherlock cast members. But if there is indeed a thing going, like I said, good for him.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 2, 2012 2:10 pm  #5

Thank you very much, Davina. There was so much information about people's private lives and next to nothing about the purpose of the event. I'm happy to learn that they care for under-privileged children. It's good that Benedict went there and supported the cause and if he could combine it with some private fun, good for him.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 2:58 pm  #6

Oops, I didn't mean to be a gossip-monger, it's just nice to read an article about Benny that has a bit of personal info. I usually don't care about the private lives of famous peeps and I get tired of seeing Kardashians etc on magazine covers. However, when it is a person I am interested in, I can't help sneaking a peak, especially since Benny keeps pretty quiet about his love life, despite what some of the recent articles would have us believe.

The charity sounds like a very worthy cause. Maybe he was just there to support it, as were various friends and acquaintances, really none of my business.

Last edited by hepzibah (September 2, 2012 2:59 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 3:03 pm  #7

Of course it's nice to learn something new about him. It was just that I read about his going there and saw photos of him leaving the restaurant but didn't get any information what Naked Heart was about. For me it could have been anything and I'm happy to learn it is a charity. Which doesn't mean that I don't like some nice pics now and then - as you might know, Hepzibah 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 3:16 pm  #8

It's good that you posted it Hepzibah otherwise we wouldn't't have found out about the Naked Heart Foundation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 3, 2012 10:00 am  #9

I agree with Davina that it seems to be more like casual meeting at one place than date.
By the way, her name is not Katia but Natalia Vodianova  . I like her very much and she is known for having a very kind heart. There are lots of charity activities founded by her in Russia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

September 3, 2012 11:50 am  #10

Arggh! Getting the two girls names muddled up! Yes Natalia, she seems a very caring person who has worked hard to overcome her difficult early life and is now trying to help others through. Her a foundation.

Last edited by Davina (September 3, 2012 11:51 am)

September 26, 2012 1:39 pm  #11

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 26, 2012 2:17 pm  #12

Ivy wrote:

Thank God I'm not a celebrity!

That's right.
But on the other hand: What a pitty that I'm not Liv Tyler. 

Would make pretty children with pretty eyes, though.... lol

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 26, 2012 2:29 pm  #13

I guess that's just the way they piece things together from random snapshots and rumours. But the most fascinating thing about the whole story are his - SHOES! I mean, I like the casual look on him and can even live with the biker boots, but these … take some getting used to. 

September 26, 2012 2:40 pm  #14

Hm, yes, that's quite a point....
But even more amusing I found the descriptions: "she's wearing this and that... and he's wearing this..." together with all the pics. I CAN SEE IT!!  lol

September 26, 2012 5:46 pm  #15

I found the article amusing but probably not as The Daily Mail intended. All that 'she wore' 'he wore', her makeup stuff. Espadrilles are in fashion here at the moment so he is spot on, scruffy or not, it is what the cool guys wear. Don't they mean 'consequences' rather than 'circumstances' of a one-night stand? Call themselves journalists? Pah! What a load of drivel!

September 27, 2012 11:16 am  #16

Poor Ben. So many women, so little time, Seriously, the poor guy can't go anywhere with anyone without sparking some hot and heavy romance rumor. He's young and single. Enjoy it Ben. Just remember though these young women are ok..but we older women are like fine wines, aged to perfection.

Disguise is always a self portrait

September 27, 2012 1:46 pm  #17

Well, Liv is just one year younger than Ben, I don't want to see him with a 21 year old, he's not in midlife crisis yet.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 27, 2012 1:47 pm  #18

Ivy wrote:

Well, Liv is just one year younger than Ben, I don't want to see him with a 21 year old, he's not in midlife crisis yet.

Agree!! 

Board footera