BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2012 6:02 pm  #1

Cabin Pressure is being written!!!!

According to David Tyler, John Finnemore is now writing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

August 29, 2012 6:09 pm  #2

Re: Cabin Pressure is being written!!!!

Yeah!! So I have to listen to all episodes once again in order to get into the mood. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 29, 2012 6:27 pm  #3

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 29, 2012 6:40 pm  #4

The procrastination e.g. this,  is clearly at an end. To be fair, he has only just finished The Edinburgh Fringe and ranting about the 30 Things You Must Do Before You Die book his sister bought him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 29, 2012 6:44 pm  #5

Davina wrote:

..... the 30 Things You Must Do Before You Die book ......

Oh, how glad I am that I am over 30 (!!) and still alive! 

August 29, 2012 10:52 pm  #6

Brilliant! I can't wait! Let's hope the four principal actors can find time to be together in a recording room in the forseeable future.

August 29, 2012 11:27 pm  #7

deerstalker wrote:

Brilliant! I can't wait! Let's hope the four principal actors can find time to be together in a recording room in the forseeable future.

They do it on stage in front of a live audience usually. I wish I could go to a recording

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 29, 2012 11:31 pm  #8

Indeed, that's great news!

I watched too many average movies to still my Sherlock thirst while these audio dramas are truly captivating!

August 30, 2012 6:02 am  #9

I seriously thought about applying for tickets and going to London for a recording until I read that they give away more tickets than there are seats. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 30, 2012 9:31 pm  #10

Why would they do that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 30, 2012 9:33 pm  #11

Money? I read it, too. (A while ago, in an interview?)
Strange, hm, but obviously true.

August 30, 2012 9:35 pm  #12

So I'll have to take a sleeping bag and a tent and camp in front of the studio or what?? 

August 30, 2012 9:37 pm  #13

You could count Yellow Cars until they'd let you in.

August 30, 2012 9:55 pm  #14

Or hum 'Busy doing nothing' at the top of your voice. That would get you in pretty quick!!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

August 30, 2012 10:49 pm  #15

Molly Hooper wrote:

Why would they do that?

If you want to record something and have a live audience laughing in the background, you give the tickets away for free and you give more than is needed. Because people aren't paying for the tickets, they have no obligation/drive to ensure they go if something else crops up in their lives or they well just forget. With only 3/4 of the seats full the audience won't sound nearly as good.

It's pretty standard for those things.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 30, 2012 11:02 pm  #16

Oh, that makes sense, kazza, thank you! I didn't realise the tickets were free...

August 31, 2012 7:15 am  #17

Fine, if the tickets are free it will make up for my flight costs . But I hate camping  . Although maybe the nice guy who is playing Martin in the show might pop into my tent and bring me a hot cup of tea.

August 31, 2012 7:38 am  #18

I would think there must be at least a tentative set of dates for recording. John would admit that he is better working to a frightening deadline, well, maybe not frightening but a bit scary anyway. It's so exciting keeping an eye on the blog to see when he's going to mention recording dates. I bet they have PLENTY of people applying for tickets this time round (For the life of me I can't think why.  It must be the pulling power of Martin...or Arthur...or Douglas...or Carolyn). 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera