BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2012 3:07 pm  #21

Re: Shortlist interview

Aussies have a very sarcastic sense of humour, which some people (especially Americans, for some reason) just don't get. I love sarcasm, irony, and just general smart-arsery. I think most people on this site share that sense of humour, which is one of the reasons we don't fight. I also think Benny has that sort of humour, which leads to him being misunderstood in some quarters. Sometimes when I read an interview that he's done, I can hear him laughing as he says things. Obviously, others may not hear that, which leads to all the confusion.

Wait, did I just admit to hearing voices? Oh, well 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 31, 2012 3:23 pm  #22

Hearing voices, falling repeatedly from your chair - are you really sure this forum's good for you? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2012 3:27 pm  #23

SusiGo wrote:

Hearing voices, falling repeatedly from your chair - are you really sure this forum's good for you? 

Why? Is there something abnormal about that?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 3, 2012 8:26 pm  #24

In my experience humour depends on the person, no matter what country or region. I could laugh my ass off when I see Monthy Python or Little Britain; I guess there are British people who don't like it at all. 

My favourite Shortlist answer:

Did your friendship with Rebecca Hall make the first episode’s sex scene easier?

No, I mean we laughed our arses off – there was a lot of wasted film that day. But [it’s good to] giggle at the silliness rather than get uptight. I’m really good friends with her other half as well, which must have been odd. “How was your day, darling?  “Well, I was just riding Benedict in a train carriage…  [laughs].

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 3, 2012 8:37 pm  #25

This gives the "horse-faced" thing a completely new meaning...............

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 3, 2012 8:50 pm  #26

Mattlocked wrote:

This gives the "horse-faced" thing a completely new meaning...............

I shouldn't have read this post while drinking something! Fortunately it was just water.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera