BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2012 10:36 pm  #21

Re: Donovan, did she ever date Sherlock?

Yeah... although I like the idea of Mystrade more than Sherlock/Donovan.  Yes, okay, it's a bit curious.
There are no limits for ships, apparently.

September 1, 2012 11:36 pm  #22

Sammy wrote:

Sherlock/Anderson had me hauling a desktop computer out of a 3rd level window before I could even assess who the author was, though.

I was as surprised as you to realise there are limits!

September 1, 2012 11:38 pm  #23

Or more likely, that there should be limits!

September 2, 2012 3:31 am  #24

SusiGo wrote:

There are also people shipping Mycroft and Lestrade which I find curious as well. 

Actually, in The Bruce Partington Plans Mycroft and Lestrade are practically joined at the hip. Just sayin'... 

September 2, 2012 8:42 am  #25

Oh, then I must read that one again. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 3:02 pm  #26

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, then I must read that one again. 

Do! In every scene Lestrade is at Mycroft's side, although story-wise it makes no real sense for a police presence. After all, the case is one of missing government secrets and espionage which is hardly in the perview of the regular police. Makes one wonder... 

September 2, 2012 3:04 pm  #27

The Doctor wrote:

Sammy wrote:

Sherlock/Anderson had me hauling a desktop computer out of a 3rd level window before I could even assess who the author was, though.

I was as surprised as you to realise there are limits!

Sherlock/Anderson makes about as much sense to me as Harry/Draco. Really? In what universe would either of those couples happen?

September 2, 2012 3:05 pm  #28

Now I'm getting really curious. I mean, Lestrade's still got marital problems as Sherlock so nicely deduced on Christmas Eve and Mycroft - well, somewhere we mentioned this mysterious ring he's wearing. Food for thought. 

Sherlock/Anderson - never. Full stop.

Last edited by SusiGo (September 2, 2012 3:06 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 11:45 pm  #29

I agree, LoveBug, completely! Because there *is* something in the way she says that, about being let down, that sounds personal-- her voice is bitter when she says it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 3, 2012 5:56 am  #30

Maybe she 'hit' on Sherlock once and he was not very tactful in his response (who HIM? Never! I hear you say). Love scorned and all that. Another 'You repeal me' moment perhaps?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 3, 2012 11:23 pm  #31

Wait, wait, wait, let's not put Harry/Draco and Sherlock/Anderson in the same category. Harry and Draco are classical antagonists, on the same level, you could say, while Anderson is just... Anderson. He couldn't even reach Sherlock if he brought a ladder.

Yeah, just... to make this clear, haha.

I really like this theory about Donovan, We probably won't ever know, though.

September 6, 2012 3:55 am  #32

I could see her hitting on him and him treating her the same way as Molly. Only instead of being submissive like Molly, Donovan is vindictive.

That's as far as I could ever see them going.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

October 5, 2012 7:02 pm  #33

Apart from the fact I don't think Sherlock has really dated anybody...
I am fairly certain he wouldn't tolerate a bitch like Sally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 29, 2012 8:55 pm  #34

I think it likely Sherlock manipulated Sally, like acting interested to get an opportunity to get something relevant to a case, before the Yard let him have full access. That " old friend" bit sticks with me. If he used her like he has Molly. He would have been even more desperate at the beginning of his career. I also agree he probably switched the relationship off by disclosing things very private (hence the projection of "freak")

October 29, 2012 9:27 pm  #35

I just think Sally doesn't get Sherlock.
If anything, I think she would have betrayed him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 30, 2012 12:00 am  #36

Donovan dating Sherlock- is the craziest thing I've ever thought of  . I think they disliked each other from the very first moment, so they could hardly have dated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

October 30, 2012 12:24 am  #37

I know it seems crazy but after watching ASIP again a couple days ago, I definitely think there is some personal history between Sherlock and Sally.  What, exactly, that is I don't know.  But there's definitely got to be a reason she is so nasty to him.  I think Sally must have tried something with Sherlock, been rebuffed, and now won't ever pass up the chance to get back at him in any way she can.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

February 20, 2013 9:10 am  #38

I think that there could be a personal history between Sally and Sherlock. She is hurt and it sounds bitter and she said "Your are waisting your time." As if she spent time with Sherlock and it was a waste of her time. How? When Sherlock is on a case, he will probably solve it or help. It is not something you can call a waste of time. Must be something else though.
Maybe Sherlock wanted access to a crime scene or information about a case that Lestrade didn't provide. 
I wouldn't rule it totally out that Sherlock "dated" Sally to get something. In canon Holmes even got himself an engagement (Milverton).

February 20, 2013 4:29 pm  #39

I would rule it out.
I think he has more taste.

February 20, 2013 5:13 pm  #40

I absolutely don't think that Sherlock has ever tried to get off with her for some reason  He's really got better taste. I assume she hates him because he prevents her from making career and again he's not a really nice person. He surely insulted her a couple of times. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera