BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2012 3:31 am  #1

Newbie! *waves*

Wow, I haven't joined a fandom forum since I was obsessed with Harry Potter nearly ten years ago! Anyway, I watched both series of Sherlock through for the second time last week (the first time was a few months ago) and since then I've been obsessed, devouring fanfic and fanvids and reading cast interviews and suchlike. Yes, I'm 31, what of it? Lol.

Then today I discovered that "John's blog" is actually a real website (I can't believe I never bothered to look it up, I just happened to come across a link on wikipedia). After reading all the posts and the comments, I thought, wouldn't it be awesome to be able to chat with real-life Sherlock fans? And then I remembered that things like forums exist. *rolls eyes at self*

Anyway, about me: I'm 31, I'm a bit geeky, I live in Australia with my husband and two cats. Like many fangirls, my favourite thing about Sherlock is the John/Sherlock relationship. I'm not really into "slash", but I still squee inwardly at all the gay jokes and innuendo on the show. ;) I also adore Martin Freeman, have done since The Office. And I love London, which helps too.

As you can tell, I'm predisposed to writing wayyy more than the situation calls, so I'll force myself to stop there. Hehe.

August 28, 2012 4:05 am  #2

Re: Newbie! *waves*

Hi, welcome! There's a huge Australian representation on this forum, which is really cool, ( doubly cool for me as I am about to visit Australia for the first time in my life in a couple of months).
Forums are wonderful ways to deal with obsessions! Please stay and write lots.

August 28, 2012 5:10 am  #3

Welcome! I'm a 33y/o Aussie fangirl so you're in good company here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 28, 2012 5:53 am  #4

Welcome to the forum, Sariele! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 28, 2012 6:05 am  #5

G'day Sheila!
You need to check out this thread for more character pages & things
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=34

So, Southerner/mexican? Or a blessed banana bender/cane toad?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 28, 2012 6:23 am  #6

Welcome to the forum, Sariele, I hope you'll have lots of fun.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 28, 2012 6:59 am  #7

Hi Sariele!

Welcome and make yourself at home! We are delighted to have you on our little forum 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

August 28, 2012 7:43 am  #8

Hello and welcome to the forum. Please feel free to write as much and as often as you want. Welcome aboard!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 28, 2012 8:47 am  #9

Thanks so much for your warm welcome! And kaz -- I'm a freshly-minted banana bender as of two months ago, but before that I lived in Perth for most of my life.

August 28, 2012 10:32 am  #10

... more warm welcome 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 28, 2012 10:33 am  #11

Ohhh well! Welcome to paradise!!
Similar climate apparently, I only visited there once years ago.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 28, 2012 10:57 am  #12

Welcome Sariele! We want to see photos of the cats Oh and geeky is good. We all suffer from it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

August 28, 2012 4:09 pm  #13

Pleasure to meet you! Welcome to the forum. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

August 29, 2012 12:39 am  #14

Hi! I am so totally obsessed with Sherlock. Whenever someone says they prefer a different show I, legit, slap them across the face. It has happened about 3 times. I'm not a mean person though...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So I'm filling in for your skull..."

August 29, 2012 1:51 pm  #15

Hello there Sariele!

Welcome to our lovely Sherlock community. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 29, 2012 4:08 pm  #16

Hi there  Sariele and study in purple.....yeah  you're in the right place.  welcome!!  I'm  the local Skitty.   And I've got  all the dvd.s,  the books,  etc.   No  merchandise yet  but I'm getting there.   I  wonder if BBC  will put out a calendar for 2013?   Ok  I'm  obsessed too...I  got sherlock and John  on my desktop.   I'm not really  interested in the slash stuff either.  who cares?  as long as we have Ben and Martin,  that's enuf for moi!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 2, 2012 8:50 pm  #17

Welcome, Sariele. Don't worry about writing too much. We're here to share our ideas -- and our obsession.

September 3, 2012 1:29 am  #18

Sariele wrote:

Yes, I'm 31, what of it? Lol.

Meh, I'm 34. No big deal. I'm not Austrailan though, I'm American and completely obsessed with and BBC TV. If it didn't exist, I'd have to throw away my television. There are some decent American shows like True Blood, Game of Thrones (with a mainly British and Irish cast, of course) and Mad Men but seriously, we invented shows like The Bachelor. Not to offend anyone who likes that kind of thing but you do have to admit, it's crap television.

Welcome! And I agree--no worries about writing too much. No one's yelled at me for it yet. Haha.

Last edited by Banbha (September 3, 2012 1:30 am)

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

Board footera