BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2013 8:57 pm  #161

Re: RAT. WEDDING. BOW.

God, I hope 'bow' doesn't refer to the final Holmes story by Doyle: 'His last bow'. That would mean the third season will be the last one. I hope Moffat's just playing with our heads.

April 14, 2013 7:05 pm  #162

Arthur Doyle wrote:

God, I hope 'bow' doesn't refer to the final Holmes story by Doyle: 'His last bow'. That would mean the third season will be the last one. I hope Moffat's just playing with our heads.

Well, His Last Bow was also the name of a whole collection of canon stories (including that one), so it could be any of those. And even if it was the actual story of His Last Bow, they could easily adapt the general plotline and just leave out the Sherlock retiring to keep bees aspect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 14, 2013 7:05 pm  #163

crazybbcamerican wrote:

I did, too. At least until I came across this on tumblr this morning. Now I'm re-reading that story to look for clues. I can't say that everyday I'm not more fascinated...the irony is that I was looking at the yellow smiley face on the wall of 221B last night on the DVD and thinking about the "return" stories, just wondering how many new canon references we would be able to find in the upcoming episodes and then this.

I'm wondering now if it is meant in this context--and especially "bow." Because I wasn't sure if it was "bow" like what you do to show someone respect, or "bow" the long handle you use when playing a violin.

Which canon story is that from? The one where wedding, rat and bow are all featured on the same page?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 15, 2013 1:37 pm  #164

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

crazybbcamerican wrote:

I did, too. At least until I came across this on tumblr this morning. Now I'm re-reading that story to look for clues. I can't say that everyday I'm not more fascinated...the irony is that I was looking at the yellow smiley face on the wall of 221B last night on the DVD and thinking about the "return" stories, just wondering how many new canon references we would be able to find in the upcoming episodes and then this.

I'm wondering now if it is meant in this context--and especially "bow." Because I wasn't sure if it was "bow" like what you do to show someone respect, or "bow" the long handle you use when playing a violin.

Which canon story is that from? The one where wedding, rat and bow are all featured on the same page?

Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton. :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

April 15, 2013 3:41 pm  #165

Ahh! I love that one! Milverton would make a perfect BBC Sherlock villian.

April 15, 2013 3:46 pm  #166

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton. :D

As far as I know it was "bow" as the gesture of showing respect. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 15, 2013 4:51 pm  #167

Arthur Doyle wrote:

I read that BC has said publicly that he's agreed to do a season 4.

April 15, 2013 6:31 pm  #168

Here's hoping!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 15, 2013 7:33 pm  #169

I've heard that Moffat said that E3 S3 is going to be 'the biggest cliffhanger of the century' (hopefully not literally!) or something (got my info off of Tumblr so I don't know how accurate it is...) which means there must be a S4 in the works somewhere! 

Threatened with burning 'cos his stories were tall
Sherlock Holmes had a great fall
All Mycroft's horses and all Lestrade's men
Couldn't put John back together again

Get your salt and get your gun
An IOU apple? C'mon, you must think!
Let us go -- be ready to run
And remember -- above all -- DO NOT BLINK.

Warning: awkward newbie alert! I will be tenatively posting in random topics until I have established some kind of a rough presence. And then I will probabably continue doing so. You have been warned.

My first fanfic Crossover between Sherlock and AF

April 15, 2013 7:39 pm  #170

I believe he said it was going to be frustrating.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 15, 2013 7:48 pm  #171

I found this: 

"I think we’ve got a climax to [Series 3] that will have people just as frustrated as they ever were." (Steven Moffat)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 15, 2013 9:21 pm  #172

^^ That's the one. Looking forward to it already.

It's got to be something equally emotionally damaging in order for it to have the same impact as the Fall had.

Last edited by SusiGo (April 16, 2013 6:26 am)

April 15, 2013 11:58 pm  #173

Emotionally damaging? Surely not! That isn't Moffat and Gatiss's style at all!   

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 16, 2013 12:23 am  #174

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Ahh! I love that one! Milverton would make a perfect BBC Sherlock villian.

Hmmm...that's a thought. Wonder who would play him? I picture him as a bit of a snivler.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

April 16, 2013 6:27 am  #175

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

^^ That's the one. Looking forward to it already.

It's got to be something equally emotionally damaging in order for it to have the same impact as the Fall had.

Which will be quite hard to achieve but I believe in Moftiss. 

April 16, 2013 7:38 am  #176

Having seen that the three series are put together like a puzzle and that the third one is a climactic turning point IMO, there is the possibility that they solve the puzzle in  3/3 with massive flashbacks.

1. concerning the plot: a serious fight between John and Sherlock about right and wrong ( I am not talking about faking your death) maybe even a separation at the end?
2. concerning the construction:  lifting a metaphorical curtain

If we get more episodes in the future they could tease everybody at the end of 3/3 and don't solve the puzzle at all. Maybe give a hint that nothing is how it looks like. Make believe.

https://twitter.com/arwelwjones/status/324067092808736768/photo/1

Last edited by Be (April 16, 2013 9:15 am)

April 16, 2013 11:42 am  #177

Sherlock + John separation(other than through marriage) 

April 16, 2013 11:56 am  #178

That would be extremely painful yeah. If Sherlock and John have a massive falling out. And then John storms off out of Baker Street and instantly gets hit by a large truck. End of Series 3. Wow. That would be a cliffhanger.

April 16, 2013 12:00 pm  #179

Cheer us up, why don't you?  Prophet of doom!

April 16, 2013 12:05 pm  #180

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

That would be extremely painful yeah. If Sherlock and John have a massive falling out. And then John storms off out of Baker Street and instantly gets hit by a large truck. End of Series 3. Wow. That would be a cliffhanger.

Ahahahhahaha!  Oh, I assume that wasn't supposed to be funny. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera