BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2012 4:14 pm  #121

Re: RAT. WEDDING. BOW.

I'd already said that too, but not here.  But yes...obviously won't work for out Rupert...
But anybody can be a dirty rat or rat on somebody else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 19, 2012 4:51 pm  #122

Does anybody know if they're going to include The Adventure of the Dying Detective somewhere in the third season? I loved that story and I think Ben would do a fabulous job of acting it out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 19, 2012 5:11 pm  #123

Does. anybody. know. anything? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 19, 2012 5:12 pm  #124

There are people who do but they are not going to divulge any more than those three little words.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 19, 2012 5:15 pm  #125

So evil.... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 19, 2012 6:52 pm  #126

Davina wrote:

There are people who do but they are not going to divulge any more than those three little words.

They could tell us, but then they'd have to kill us, as the saying goes. And that would be sooooo messy! Meanwhile, all we ordinary people are sooooo adoooorable!

October 20, 2012 12:53 pm  #127

Think I'll just pop this in here:

Radio Times @RadioTimes
Martin Freeman: Sherlock's next episode sounds brilliant http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-10-20/martin-freeman-sherlocks-next-episode-sounds-brilliant … #sherlock @Sherlockology

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 20, 2012 2:22 pm  #128

Well, that's enlightening!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 20, 2012 3:29 pm  #129

Don't we just love Martin?!

October 20, 2012 3:29 pm  #130

Very much so. I think it's absolutely fascinating that nothing has been revealed in all these months although there must be quite a lot of people involved in this. Just think how many secrets are given away on the Internet. So it's really something special. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 20, 2012 5:40 pm  #131

SusiGo wrote:

I think it's absolutely fascinating that nothing has been revealed in all these months although there must be quite a lot of people involved in this. Just think how many secrets are given away on the Internet. So it's really something special. 

No different than keeping TV reality show winners secret in the several months between filming and airing the shows. I think it's easier to keep one's mouth shut when there are big bucks to be earned at the other end. I also think there's probably a very small group that knows what's in the S3 scripts that have been recently finished. Very small and very exclusive.

October 20, 2012 5:44 pm  #132

Producers, directors, writers and actors?

October 20, 2012 6:53 pm  #133

besleybean wrote:

Producers, directors, writers and actors?

As for actors, probably only Ben and Martin; I imagine they are the only ones with any kind of need-to-know, or whose input would be valuable as the scripts are developed. Writers, yes-- probably a group of only 2, 3 or 4 people. Producers, maybe only a couple. Directors wouldn't know or care until final script approval. I'll betcha the group-in-the-know consists of less than 10 people; no way to know for sure, of course, about this or anything else. Everything is as hush-hush as they can make it. My point is, where there are big bucks at stake, that makes keeping one's mouth shut a whole lot easier.

October 20, 2012 7:03 pm  #134

I generally think you're right.
I think it's  a bit more complex with Sherlock, cos they all genuinely seem to be good friends, too. But then they would never want to spoil the surprise for each other.
We know Benedict and Martin text each other about the script as soon as they get/read it, because Benedict has said so.
We also know all 3 writers share their scripts, as they have writers meetings and it has been discussed on the commentaries.
As the main producer lives with one of the writers, I'm assuming she knows from the start!

Last edited by besleybean (October 21, 2012 7:23 am)

October 21, 2012 1:22 am  #135

besleybean wrote:

I generally think you're right.
I think it's  a bit more complex with Sherlock, cos they all genuinely seem to be good friends, too. But then they would never want to spoil the surprise for each other.
We know Benedict and Sherlock text each other about the script as soon as they get/read it, because Benedict has said so.
We also know all 3 writers share their scripts, as they have writers meetings and it has been discussed on the commentaries.
As the main producer lives with one of the writers, I'm assuming she knows from the start!

Benedict and Sherlock?

Sorry, being goofy 

October 21, 2012 7:22 am  #136

Jeeps, HOW awake was ?...I shall go and correct it and glad I gave you a laugh.  Funny, cos I usually say Benedict and John!

October 21, 2012 8:11 pm  #137

You were just in the haze of Sherlock fandom.

October 21, 2012 8:14 pm  #138

Holy Mary, don't remind me! 

October 25, 2012 6:34 pm  #139

Having now read "The Boscombe Valley" I feel like rat should refer to that one.
Or, well, at least to the way "rat" was used there to describe a person. That fits to previous ideas from other members.
I doubt it will be about an Australian from Ballarat, though, but something similar. An organisation that goes by the name "ballarat", a place...
I don't even think the story has to be based upon the story of the canon, but having the word "ballarat" appear on the show would be one of those typical canon references Moftiss often uses.
"Woman" didn't describe the plot of the first episode of season 2 - it was just the "name" of a person.
So with "rat" it might just as well be the same.

Yeah, some thoughts, but nothing really new, haha. Sorry.

November 3, 2012 10:51 am  #140

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera